Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

44 results found

1. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

2. Variable Font not working properly

Hello, I am a type designer and am working on a variable script font. The variable font file work fine everywhere else except in Adobe products.

It appears the sidebearings aren't adjusting with the changes in width. Very odd. You can see whats happening in the first file. The second is on the Axis Praxis website.

I've spoken with Glyphs App developers and they said it's a glitch with Illustrator, so I wanted to bring it to your attention.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your fonts and file to figure out what is going on here.

3. Fonts Syncing

I just upgraded my computer to the Macbook Pro 2021 M1. I downloaded the latest versions of Adobe and noticed none of my fonts will sync. I've tried posted troubleshooting methods and none have worked (closing and restarting apps, reinstalled apps, multiple computer resets, unsyncing and resyncing manually, etc). Any time I open an Illustrator project with previously used fonts that aren't native to the app, it prompts me to sync but the load wheel just keeps spinning and will never finish.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

4. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. Selecting font for styled text

While trying to change the font of a styled text box by scrolling throgh the font list, the list glitches and closes. Sometimes selecting a different font randomly and sometimes there font of the text box stays the same.
    Happening on multiple files with different-styled text. The issure does not seem to happen while working with regular-styled text.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

6. Cursor navigating with arrow keys not moving

When modifying text, the cursor no longer moves with the arrows (left, right, up, down) on keyboard. I have to click with my mouse everytime now.

This just occurred today. Please help!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Selection of multiple text objects - changing font not working

We can no longer change the font of multiple text objects at once.
    When multiple text objects are selected, Ai thinks this is a 'mixed selection' and does not come up with the typeface selector. Slowing down my work incredibly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Character Panel doesn´t change fonts name

AI version: last one, 22.0.1
    I typed the same words in 10 different fonts (all Google fonts), and they all look different of course, but when selecting them a second time, the font shown in the Character panel was always the same. I closed Illustrator and then it worked for few minutes, then the same issue appeared again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Type reverting & doing all sorts of weird things

The new Illustrator's type feature behaves strangely. The font reverts to the 1 I chose previously when I do some things such as discard the Offset Path setting I've set for it it in the Appearance Panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Major Font problem in Ai CC 2018

Adobe Illustrator 22.0 64-bit
    Windows 10 1703 (build 15063.632) 64-bit

Characters refuses to render, be it in an area frame or a single line. Can't work like that, returning to CC 2017 right now.
    I had a full page of text yesterday and now I have just the backgrounds. The text frame can be selected but the characters panel doesn't show any information regarding type weight or anything. Also, the Find Font dialog is broken.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Font selection not working

Font stile types disappeare!

Same problem here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10158536#10158536

Besides:
    Sometimes when the font type is changed, the font size also changes.
    This is annoying!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. zoom

When snap to grid is on, it will only create new text. It won't select existing text for editing - probably because it isn't on the grid. This never used to happen before the latest update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた問題ですが、ご使用のマシン環境や使用方法などに原因があると思われますので、カスタマーサポートにご連絡いただくか、Ten_A さんのご提案のようにIllustator のユーザーコミュニティーをご利用いただくと、問題解決の手掛かりになります。

ご理解、ご協力のほどよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

14. Unable to select text once it's been horizontally scaled. (condensed)

Illustrator CC 23.0.2 (mojave Mac Pro)

If I horizontally scale a text element on the artboard I'm then unable to select it with any of the arrow selection tools. Elements aren't locked or masked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Visible Text unable to be edited.

While trying to edit a line of text in illustrator, i couldn't select it. While i could see the text in preview mode, in outline mode it does not show. After saving and reopening the file, the text is editable again and visible in outline mode. This has happened to me for years, it just happened a lot today and got on my nerves. pics below of the issue. same section of the file, just different view modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Missing Buttons/Interface in Find Font

I've recently noticed that the buttons in Find Font do not appear unless I scroll over them. This is a very recent occurrence as far as I can tell.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working on MAC's

I select a text box on my art board and go to the character palette to change the font. I was able to use the arrow keys up and down and see the font change on the art board. This feature no longer works with CC2018 Mac.

Or I was able to start typing a font name into the Character Palette and suggestions would pop up. This feature no longer works with CC2018 Mac.

I find this very irritating and a difficult way to work. This only happens on my MAC, my PC still works.

Can anyone help me with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Freeze screen

Sometimes the text boxes freeze and seem like I can't edit but actually are editable, is just I can't see exactly what I am doing.
    The other thing, and is a major issue, is that the outline mode is not visible, apparently, I can activate it but there nothing changes on my screen besides the option that shows that the mode is active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. most fonts not rendering

I have to continually uninstall and reinstall 75% of my fonts! They show up in the panel, but do not render when selected. This is way beyond aggravating and is taking up hours of my time daily.
    These are fonts on my hard drive, not typekit or any other font service. using Windows 10 and Illustrator CC 2018 (happened intermittently with 2017, now it's everytime I open Illustrator or let it sit open for more than a few hours)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing the ticket since didn’t hear back from customer.

Hi Jamie,
    If you are still facing this issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

20. AI CC2018 doesn't show certain font styles, while CC2017 does

I have ITC FrizQuadrata installed. This font family has 4 styles: normal, italic, bold and bold italic.

AI CC2017 does show all four.
    CC2018 shows only one — 'ITC'.

It doesn't show it when you type family name, it doesn't show other styles in drop-down style list.
    If I copy/paste text with needed font family style from 2017 to 2018, AI will show me two identical font names but two different preview near them (and again no italics).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Please create a sample file in CC 2017 with styles that you do not see in CC 2018. Create a package out of it so that we also get the font files for investigation and share the package with us. For sharing the package you can either upload to your creative cloud files or any other file sharing system like Dropbox, Wetransfer etc..

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base