When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make AI to understand buffered art from CorelDRAW and vice versa

Adobe and Corel are eternal rivals, I know.
    But our (and not ours only, as far as I know) workflow requires both whales.
    A lot of vynil-cutting shops, laser-engraving and large format printing shops work only in CD. We have to transfer our files back and forth from one program to another each day.

We use PDF as a medium, but it's long way.
    We also use this magnificent macros for CD:
    https://github.com/cdrpro-macros/ai-clipboard
    but it's not 100% solution.

We need a way to copy/paste from/to AI from/to CD natively.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export selected only

Would like to see an "EXPORT SELECTED ONLY" option, so that you can export just a selection of items from a file with many elements. Really a pain to have to copy the items I want to export, and paste them into a new file in order to export them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator - PDF Export Cropmarks

Illustrator really needs a usefull cropmark export option in the pdf export dialougue. just like InDesign. I mean it looks similar to InDesign but its simply not working! who needs cropmarks up to 15 mm long?? why cant i edit the length, width.. etc?. Please make this function usefull!! asap

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save workspace in Ai Cloud

It would be nice if I could save my keyboard settings and workspace settings in a cloud file or on an external hard drive so I don't have to re-input something when I am on a computer that is not my own. Would also be great for Photoshop

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export Multiple Artboards in DXF format

I'd love to be able to export multiple artboards to DXF files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PNG export embeds the wrong ICC profile

When exporting as PNG (export for screens, export as...) Illustrator uses the current RGB working space profile, but save the sRGB profile in the file.
    Other software shows the colors as sRGB although a totally different profile may have been used for the conversion to RGB.
    Either embed the correct profile or convert to sRGB when exporting (like the old Save for Web still does).
    See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/color-sync/m-p/10880173#M163311

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. save to cloud documents for illustrator and other apps

Can we please add the function of saving to the adobe cloud documents on apps other than PSD?? Currently after the 2020 update there is a function window that pops up when you click save/save as and it gives you the option to save to the adobe cloud documents, which is great because it saves me from using space on my flash disc memory. However, sadly illustrator does not have this option, it only has the option to save to the creative cloud synced files which is different from cloud documents because synced files still takes up space on your…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Regression: Illustrator CC saves each instance of symbol in .ai file separately

How to reproduce this problem in Illustrator СС:

1. Create clean AI file with A4 page.

2. Place any pixel image (with size ~10 mb) embedded to this page. Save file, it will have size about ~10 mb)

3. Make this image as symbol and remove object from page.

4. Place symbol to page one time.

5. Save file. File size will be, eg, ~10 mb.

6. Now place same symbol to page more 4 times, total will be 5 images on page.

7. Save file and check size - it will be increased to ~50 mb.

As result, you will have ai file, containing only 5…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Font embedding" is possible in AI format

"Font embedding" is possible in AI format, and added “the data of that font is kept if text is not edited" option.
    Data can be delivered to clients and output centers in AI format that all functions can be used, not PDF format.

(Translated to Japanese)
    AI形式でも「フォントの埋め込み」ができて、「編集しない限り、そのフォントのデータを維持」するオプション。
    クライアントや出力センターに、PDF 形式ではなく、全機能が利用できる AI 形式でデータの受け渡しが可能になる。

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to set custom default Transparency Flattener Options settings when saving EPS

There is no way to tweak said default settings.
    Even you create custom document profile from document with tweaked settings, it still come up as default-default when you try to save project, created from this profile.

More on this here, for example:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2456425

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remember scaling per file in Save for web

I design for printing and use 'Save for web and devices' to have crisp images.
    E.g. I can have document 300x900mm, and then I export it as 600x1800px and have my snapped sharp lines to stay sharp.
    But 'SfWaD' always immediately renders image at '100%' (which is not 100% at all at Windows — it's an another problem to be discussed), and I get 850x2551.
    When my dimensions are bigger, AI sometimes can't even render an image and I get error message and pink fill in preview area.
    I try to draw ten times smaller whenever is possible to avoid…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Symbols

There should be a way to export symbols as png. svg. jpg. etc. In a similar way as the Asset export. Ideally using the name of the symbol.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import SVG fill-rule="evenodd"

This is a major problem for having SVG look correct.

Please import fill-rule="evenodd" properly. Test case of an "O" that imports incorrectly (as fill-rule="nonzero") without the hole in the middle. Illustrator gets this wrong, but XD imports it properly. Some additional issues:

1. Ref-ing the same mask crashes Illustrator.
    2. Nested masks don't import properly.
    3. Gradient and image transforms and patterns (fit/fill/tile) don't import

<svg width="90" height="90" viewBox="0 0 90 90" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <title>O</title>
    <use xlink:href="#path1_fill" fill="#C4C4C4"/>
    <defs>
    <path id="path1_fill" fill-rule="evenodd" d="M 67.0157 46.007C 68.8447 34.502 61.8237 24 48.1947 24C 33.9167 24 25.0667 34.03 23.2967 44.945C 21.4677 56.45 28.1347 66.952 42.1767…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

15. PDF Imports the Viewed Page, not Page 1

Hello. When importing a multipage PDF into Illustrator you get an option at the top to scroll through the pages. Why not import the page you are currently viewing, which is the one you want, rather than having to select a range below.

On the attached example, i'm viewing Page 6 but when I press OK i get Page 1

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export EPS with latex

The open source Inkscape has the feature where you could edit any text as latex in the EPS-file after exporting it. This makes all scientists and other users of latex mega-happy. This is the easiest way to format the text to fit the latex document, and to add nice math writings to the figure in the blink of an eye, instead of the tedious work of writing the correct font and special math symbols in Illustrator.

Could Ai please add the feature of generating something similar to what is documented here: http://tug.ctan.org/info/svg-inkscape/InkscapePDFLaTeX.pdf ?

I believe this is easy and quickly…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Artboards as PowerPoint or Keynote slides

I like using Illustrator to design complexe slides or icons, illustrations… for my slides and I’d like to export them by maintaining vector capabilities to have the ability in PowerPoint or Keynote to change their color and to scale them freely.

I know plug-ins or some export format will somehow works for some cases.
    But it will be so nice to have a straight forward export!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using a character other than underscore for appending artboard names when exporting files.

Right now when exporting artboards from an .ai file, illustrator names the file with the original filename and the artboard name, separated by an underscore. I would prefer a dash, as the underscore isn't recognized as a non-word character when double-clicking to select text. Giving the user the able to select the prefix character would solve this problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow drag and drop of an image from the web

As a web developer I often want to get web images into my documents. When I drag and drop from a browser on Windows, the url is imported as text which is useless.

Copy & paste works but PNG transparency comes in with a black background which is usually not workable wither.

The workaround is to copy the url and use file>place and paste the url in to the address bar. Windows then downloads the image and places it in the document but this process takes 30 seconds which is a big interruption to a workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Overprint simulation on image file exports (JPEG for example)

I think that it would add great value when Illustrator exports to image file the option to add overprint simulation, in the same way as InDesign easily does.
    I would add great benefit to our jobs and would simplify some steps (not going to InDesign just to do that).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base