When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import later versions of dwg

I would love to see an update so that you can import later versions of dwg files than AutoCad 2007. Most of our clients are working in later versions so it has become a big problem for us not being able to import these files into Illustrator.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text to outlines on save PDF

My printers require fonts to be outlined. This is a huge hassle. I need to convert everything to outlines, save the PDF, and then remember to undo my outlining before I save the AI file.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export for screens without bleed

Export screens without the bleed

I really like the feature called Export screens, but I do not really use it for print jobs, couse I can't export any picure format file without the bleed section of the document, which I use to show the client the stages of the job. Still, I could do the same with Save for web function, but it would be very very useful to export multiple artboards at the same time without the bleed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. Bulk import of SVG files to artboards

We have the ability to export a series of artboards to individual files, this is great for working on e.g. an icon library, or even a font.

But going in the opposite direction seems to require repeated copying and pasting, there's no trivial "bulk import" facility. This makes it painful to work with a pre-existing folder of SVGs.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support SVG Tiny P/S

Support SVG Tiny P/S :: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svg-tiny-ps-abrotman/

This is part of the work on BIMI (bimigroup.org), but we hope that this format will have a wider use case. It's a smaller profile than Tiny. The format may change in the future, but perhaps initial support could be created.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multipage PDF export in the Asset Export Panel

The Asset Export panel is really great and you can export Artboards as PDF but each artboard is a PDF file.

It will be so great to add a checkbox to export the selected Artboards as a unique Multipage PDF.
    Currently you can export in PDF using Save as… PDF, you have to enter manually the pages ranges and it's not memorized for the next export like in Export for Screens (Asset Export panel).

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen recording for showing work progress or teachings

Wondering if you guys could incorporate a timelapse tool inside the app to record the artwork being done?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remember save locations and export naming conventions on a per-file basis.

Currently, Illustrator does not remember where you saved your files last and always defaults to the folder that your source file is in. I would prefer if it were to remember export locations on a per-file basis.

Similarly, with Export for Screens, the prefix and suffix options should be part of the individual file's metadata, not set globally.

v 22.1, MacOS

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Saving document should not kick you out of isolation mode

Sometimes I work deep inside some nested object and feel strong urge to save document. When I do it, AI quits isolation mode and I have to go 10 levels in again to continue my work. That's rude.

Please make AI respect my isolation tunneling when saving.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Upload Adobe Draw files to Creative Cloud as .ai or .eps files

Adobe Draw currently has the option to Save files to CC as PDF or PSD files but it would be great if we could save them as .AI files

Thanks for your consideration

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to link "Data set name" upon CSV import for Variables panel

Currently when you "load variable Library" from a CSV illustrator defaults each Data Set with "Data Set 1, Data Set 2, Data Set 3, Data Set 4... ect."

Currently the only way I know to rename that data set is to manually rename each data set by selecting that data set from the drop down menu, and selecting "rename data set" from the options panel, and then either typing or copy and pasting some text in.

I use data sets for more batch like designing, it would be really nice if we could bind the data set name to a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make AI remember active layer and reselect it when file is opened

I have some templates, where working layer is not topmost (others are locked and/or hidden).
    But AI always set focus on the topmost one when file is loaded. So when I or other people try to edit freshly opened/created file, they have have a message about lock/visibility.
    Please make AI remember what layer is active when file is saved.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove Export Size Limit for PDF (200")

I have designed a 206 Feet Wide banner Designed at 1:12 Scale (206") in illustrator, I am Literally Unable to Send it for Printing, Because i Can't Export it to PDF because its Exceeding 200"...

Illustrator itself can't design something Greater than 227 Inches, While more WORST thing is the Export to PDF file Size Limit, which is currently set to 200". Why to Leave Scaling on Printer RIP, Why Not send a Print Ready File. So if there's something wrong, we could catch and fix it, rather get it Printed.

The problem can be with the Repeated Background Pattern,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export for screens should exclude template layers

When exporting for screens, any layers which are set as template or non-printing should be excluded from the output without having to first turn off that layer.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto save!!!!

I'm tired of loosing hours of work because my work is not automatically saved as it is in all other tools I use..

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to export to PSD but retain folders and layers

Ability to export to PSD but retain folders and layers. Critical for taking artwork prepared for Character Animator from Illustrator to Photoshop in order to use tools such as puppet warp to create easy frame by frame animations.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export for Screens should be per project.

I work on lots of projects. They all use export for screens. The export location and exports settings vary by project. Remembering and resetting the location and settings for each project slows down my work flow and is a source of problems in the greater work flow that the exported art is just a piece of. For instance in one "greater" project there are multiple Illustrator files for Android icons, iOS icons, and multiple art files - each requires different settings and locations in Export for Screens.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Network drives support

I can't believe what I read on this Adobe support page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) about using Illustrator files only on your LOCAL drive.
    How is it possible Adobe drove it's software into this nightmare?
    If we really can't acces and save our files on a local network drive then I am really done with it...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide some information in order to reproduce the issue on our end. Please provide the below information –
    The version of Illustrator you are using ?
    Hardware details?
    Your operating system?
    Is this happening even with a small file?
    Can you please share the file with which this is happening every time you save on server?

This will help us to investigate into the issue.

19. Provide SVG output scaling option (with 96 ppi default)

When using Save As... SVG, Illustrator sets the bounding box pixel dimensions in the SVG header using 72 pixels per inch. So a 10" x 10" artboard will produce an SVG file with its pixel dimensions set to 720px x 720px. This is a very old-fashioned default scaling, since every other modern application I have encountered displays imported SVGs using 96 dpi . This means each SVG produced by Illustrator appears to shrink when imported into almost any other modern application. Please either:
    a) Change Illustrator's default scaling calculation to use 96 dpi.
    b) Provide an option/switch in the SVG…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export shortcut for PNG, JPEG etc

It would be great to have either a keyboard shortcut for exporting as a PNG, JPEG etc or even a toolbar shortcut.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base