1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

768 results found

1. Remove welcome messages

Please remove the welcome messages "Let's design great graphics today, ... " and "Start a new file fast". They are unnecessary and become annoying when you see them all the time. Besides, to me it is totally irritating when a computer program addresses me with my name and even more when it is not at all intended to make a conversation with.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove 'move' function mapping from the Return/Enter key.

The "move" function pop-up menu is activated by both "Shift + Command M" as well as the Return/Enter key. You are able to clear the "Shift + Command M" function by using Edit Keyboard Shortcuts, but the Return/Enter key will still engage this pop-up menu when an object is selected. Being close to the Shift key, it's constantly triggered on accident and it's not (as far as I can tell) currently possible to remove this function from being mapped to the Return/Enter Key.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to Resize Tool Panels (vertical axis)

Cannot 'grab' the bottom edge of a panel in the right column to move up or down. Panel size seems 'locked.' This causes lots of wasted space in the right column tool set UI. This problem exists in both the Essentials workspace and the Essentials Classic. This was not an issue in previous versions of Ai. Thanks for addressing this bug!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

4. Photoshop & Illustrator - still no visual keyboard shortcut window???

I just read that for its impending Fall update, After Effects CC 2017 is finally getting a visual keyboard shortcuts editor window like Premiere and Audition already have. Does anyone know whether Photoshop and Illustrator will be updated with this type of window as well? It would be so great to be able to make our own keyboard shortcuts in these programs the way we can in Premiere with an easily searchable visual keyboard window.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable all "Generative AI" marketing popups

Whenever I use Illustrator lately, I'll be in the middle of editing a document when this annoying feature popup appears. Literally right in the middle of me trying to get work done.

Please give me a way to disable this altogether. I have no interest in this feature. Please stop pushing it to me.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pin Contextual Task Bar position (like in Photoshop)

Hi Adobe,

While I love the idea of the contextual toolbar, I'm sure I am joined by many in my opinion that it really gets in the way a lot of time, covering up parts of the design you'd like to see, making it hard to resize or move an object precisely and so on.

I'm extremely happy that I can just permanently pin the bar in the bottom of the screen (or wherever I want it) in Photoshop, but this option is entirely missing in Illustrator.

The bar will remain where it is for the duration of my work…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show global swatch triangle marker in Fill Stroke Control when a global swatch is selected

Global swatches are marked with a white triangle in the bottom right corner of the swatch. Book colors also have a black dot in this triangle.

These triangles are displayed everywhere swatches are used in UI: Appearance, Properties, Control... But for some reason they are omitted in tool panels, in Fill Stroke controls (and also Gradient).

I personally see no reason why. Sure users would benefit from knowing exactly if a color is global or not when they see the color chip anywhere.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Collapse panels menu item/keyboard shortcut

The ability to set a keyboard shortcut to collapse all panels would be really helpful and slick. I find myself leaving them open for expedience only to find the open panel is in the way, visually, later on. For those who set up their workspace differently they can just ignore it or disable the keyboard shortcut.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Warnings Popup Manager

Based on this request:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/40535569-add-don-t-show-again-option-to-error-dialog-for

Sometimes we need messages such as 'You locked art won't be moved' as warning messageboxes, and sometimes you'd prefer them don't interrupt you. While the 'Don't show again' seems like a good solution, the only way to bring it back when you switch to the task that depends on this error message, is to reset ALL warnings.
    Meanwhile, Ai can display messages as popups — like the 'All assets exported' (in green 'confirmtion' color) or 'Shape expanded' when live rectangle/ellipse is modified (in gray neutral color). I like these a lot. What if you change…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Actual Size" should work with multiple monitors.

The new "Actual size" option on the view menu only works with the primary monitor. This should really work with multiple monitors as many AI users have more than one monitor. Please consider extending this feature. If you decide not to, then please display a warning to users stating that it's not actual size unless using the primary monitor as the drawing monitor.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The home button should NOT be where "File" is on every other program ever.

Illustrator 23.0 has the home button where everyone goes to click File. This is muscle memory and I have clicked that worthless home button 6 times this morning alone. None of the other programs have made this change and it is very frustrating. Please allow the user to move or remove the Home Button.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Properties panel lacks properties

CC 2018. Please include ALL properties for the selected object. Selecting a stroke should show ALL stroke properties (including cap, corner, dashed line etc).

And please don't put stuff behind the ellipsis icon (additional properties). Some of the additional properties menus duplicate the stuff in the panel itself, or don't even work.

If you want to make properties show by context, you need to make the dedicated panels obsolete!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Paste Remembers Layers: Keyboard Shortcut and Visual Indicator

I would like to see a toggle option for "Paste Remembers Layers" I switch frequently between having it on and off and it would be nice to have a visual cue - and toggle button - to facilitate easier working between modes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. macOS Fullscreen

Hi, please add macOS fullscreen support.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Quick Apply in Illustrator (and all major Adobe apps)

There’s a neat and extremely useful feature in InDesign called Quick Apply (and I wonder why is it only there). It’s a quick and convenient way to find, select and perform any desired action whose name I know but am unable to find (within myriad of menus and submenus of panel options). Please add the same feature to all major apps.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Appearance calling alternative color UI is done with Shift and not obvious Alt

For some we have to hold Shift while clicking a fill/stroke square in Appearance panel to call the alternative pseudo-panel.
    Alt = Alternative. Sure, Macs have Option instead, but it also fits.

Also, the hint has the 'Shift' and 'Color' written in lower-case: 'Hold shift key to bring up alternate color UI'... and I have no idea why 'alternate', why no alternation happens? Who wrote this hint?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag tools from one toolbar to another

When I setup tool panels for various reasons), I can’t just drag it between tool panels.
    The only way to do it now is to remove the tool first in the first toolbox and add it again in the second one. Each panel has its own Edit mode and tools get dragged only within an edited panel :(

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Search in Preferences and make them user friendly

These are various recommendation to simplify preferences in all Adobe Applications.

• list groupings (ie General, Type, etc.) in alphabetical order
    • or list groupings in logical order
    example for the first three - General, User Interface, Performance...
    • re-review all preference settings and reduce or simplify (Slices has two option?)
    • incorporate a search function to provide the user the ability to quickly locate a specific preference (refer to Apple's System Preferences Search capability.)
    • make preference category lists universal in title and order for all Adobe applications when possible

The reason is, I wish to work and not…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Highlight/Select values within box on panels on single click

I am unsure if this is OS specific or not, but it would be a welcome quality-of-life change. I use an Apple laptop and a Windows desktop.

Within Photoshop on Mac, if you click within the 'Character Size' box inside the Properties panel the entirety of the characters are highlighted to then be replaced. Unknown to me, this behavior is actually not consistent throughout every other Adobe program on Mac OS (as it should be).

It seems that on Windows, the behavior is set to only highlight on a double-click as well. This isn't the end of the world but…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Rulers for scaling

It would be great to have the option of creating custom scaled rulers.

I'd like to be able to just tell the rulers "From this point to this point on the artboard is x-pixels" and have the ruler scale.

When I design something for a 1080p screen, I like to put 2-up on a letter size page for discussion and markup with clients. So I design in a 2-up environment and end up with a massive amount of math to get things sized right.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base