1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

496 results found

1. Add 'Flatten image' option to TIFF Export options

Every TIFF I export form AI has one layer inside, even when image is completely opaque. This bloats TIFF twice in size, and there is no option to NOT write alpha. I have to batch all my TIFFs to correct it.
    Please, just add 'Flatten image' option to Export (you can set it unchecked by default to keep compatibility) that will convert layer to plain white background.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SVG export: Universally-unique class names for internal CSS or option for prefix token.

AI's auto-generated class names are only file-unique. Collisions occur if different exported svgs are inlined in the same container (html) document. This prevents a primary way of using SVGs on the web.

Suggest an option (or default behavior) where class names are universally unique, or where a file-name or user chosen token is prepended to classnames.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Font embedding" is possible in AI format

"Font embedding" is possible in AI format, and added “the data of that font is kept if text is not edited" option.
    Data can be delivered to clients and output centers in AI format that all functions can be used, not PDF format.

(Translated to Japanese)
    AI形式でも「フォントの埋め込み」ができて、「編集しない限り、そのフォントのデータを維持」するオプション。
    クライアントや出力センターに、PDF 形式ではなく、全機能が利用できる AI 形式でデータの受け渡しが可能になる。

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to export to clipping mask boundaries

When exporting assets to raster formats, it would be a huge time saver if we had an option to use the boundaries of clipping masks as the edge of the exported artwork. I created three triangles and used a circle as a clipping mask in the attached image. You can see that the exported file has a lot of padding around the artwork because the outer edges of the triangles are used as the boundaries of the file.

If there was an additional option to use the clipping mask boundary as the edge of the exported raster file, it would…

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

The fix has been rolled out and is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

5. Imported SVG path elements - always black fill

I am using the latest version of AI (early 2019).

I notice that SVG path elements often lose their fill color. (They are always black.)

Have not been able to pin down the exact circumstances where this fails, but I am attaching a bare bones file which exhibits the issue clearly.

This file displays perfectly in (e.g.) chrome. There's a red and a green filled path.

But when importing the SVG to AI, the 'red' path loses its fill and becomes black. The green fill is honored on input. I can't see any meaningful difference between the way the fill…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible to custom CSS classes? not Id's (so layers)

Like in Inkscape where we can see the SVG output and modify it before export.
    I know there is Graphic Styles etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Metadata enhancements for artboard to invidual file (save/export)

Wish - Metadata enhancements
    1) Document level metadata to be exported and added when artboards are exported as individual files
    2) Ability to add overrides at artboard level for metadata, which on export is carried forward into the individual files generated

Scenario:
    I often create a series of images by using arboards, as they are related and worked on as a mini-project (e.g. series of icons, part of online learning story-boards, series of progressive diagrams etc.). I export these for use by individual staff, who use graphics in PowerPoint, Word, LMS, InDesign projects etc.
    Note: InDesign docs are converted to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide SVG output scaling option (with 96 ppi default)

When using Save As... SVG, Illustrator sets the bounding box pixel dimensions in the SVG header using 72 pixels per inch. So a 10" x 10" artboard will produce an SVG file with its pixel dimensions set to 720px x 720px. This is a very old-fashioned default scaling, since every other modern application I have encountered displays imported SVGs using 96 dpi . This means each SVG produced by Illustrator appears to shrink when imported into almost any other modern application. Please either:
    a) Change Illustrator's default scaling calculation to use 96 dpi.
    b) Provide an option/switch in the SVG…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save PDF and rasterize one layer

It will be great if we can choose some layers to be auto rasterized when exporting to pdf. I keep very complex paterns in a different layer and always need to manually rasterize it to get a light pdf and error free on Rip software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More exporting options, without disgusting failures, even mini files in size cannot be saved at more than 300 PPI , irrespective sys config.

Please try to limit error messages first, as it is very disgusting, then with high end systems in hand, illustrator commonly fails at exporting, even the tiny sized files not being exported with high resolutions i.e., more than 300 PPI specified as "other"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export for Screens - Prefix artboard number

In Export for Screens dialog, include the ability to export the Artboard number in Prefix (or Suffix). A checkbox or variable string would do (eg $A). Currently we have to manually add the Artboard number into the Artboard name.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the existing file to remain active when using "Save as"

When working in AI in a native file format, then saving as a different file format (ie PDF), the new file format is now the active file. In InDesign and PS, when you "Save as," your new file is saved in a folder but you are still able to continue working on your native ID or PSD file. I wish Illustrator would work this way, too. Or am I missing something in settings to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pulling content (text, etc) from a database into a layered template

Ideally, it would be advantageous to manage a database of content (like SQL) that could then be linked to content in Illustrator files. In that way, changes to the database such as address could then automatically change in the associated Illustrator files. I don't know if this is something already developed and if so, I'd love to hear more about it. I've heard about the Datamerge function, but I don't quite know all of its capabilities. I'd appreciate any comments on whether that is a viable solution. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remember save locations and export naming conventions on a per-file basis.

Currently, Illustrator does not remember where you saved your files last and always defaults to the folder that your source file is in. I would prefer if it were to remember export locations on a per-file basis.

Similarly, with Export for Screens, the prefix and suffix options should be part of the individual file's metadata, not set globally.

v 22.1, MacOS

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save PDF to file size [Target File Size]

It would be very helpful to have a save to File Size option when saving illustrator files (and inDesign Files).

Smallest and Highest are nice to have, but when eMailing a PDF, these two arbitrary sizes can be useless.

As a general rule 10MB is the max size attachment for an email.

Rather than selecting SMALLEST saving it to determine the file size, then Saving it again and going into compression and guessing how much more resolution one can eek out of the compression it would be nice to have a "Target File Size"

I'm guessing this might require some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto extension saving

Since 90% of the time, you need to rename or edit a title. It would be a time saver if you could name as well select the correct format directly from the "save as" selection name field. ex: You type image1.png, Then the "format" would automatically change itself to the correct "PNG" format (so you don't need to do that as well). Of course, this would be on all.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Asset Export Organizer

Under "Asset Export" provide an option to organize or reorder (auto alphabetize) the assets once they have been named. It gets very difficult to review my batches whenever I would like to create and replace an existing asset. It would also be great if duplicate names detection is available to avoid the same names for assets .

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make AI remember active layer and reselect it when file is opened

I have some templates, where working layer is not topmost (others are locked and/or hidden).
    But AI always set focus on the topmost one when file is loaded. So when I or other people try to edit freshly opened/created file, they have have a message about lock/visibility.
    Please make AI remember what layer is active when file is saved.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import later versions of dwg

I would love to see an update so that you can import later versions of dwg files than AutoCad 2007. Most of our clients are working in later versions so it has become a big problem for us not being able to import these files into Illustrator.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Ai, EPS and TIF formats in Export for Screens / Assets dialog

I realize that .pdf is essentially the same as .eps format, but still it would be useful to have the option to export as .eps.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base