When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC subfolders not visible when opening files

Currently if you organise AI. iles into project folders within your local CC folder, these subfolders aren't visible when opening in AI. Libraries offers the ability to categorise assets / files into project folders that are visible making it super easy to find specific files. I know there is a search feature but, with hundreds of assets, being able to have multi level folder structure visible when opening AI files from local CC folder would be awesome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If an active text area is way off-screen, end text entry and treat keyboard input as shortcuts.

If you have been typing in a text area and pan away somewhere else, continuing to type results in the view port being dragged part of the way back to the active text area with the first key stroke and the rest of the way on the second.

Typing into an off-screen text area is almost always a mistake for me and usually results in a text area that is now empty except for a Space, V, T or A character from my most common keyboard shortcuts. I'd prefer if it just registered that I probably didn't want to type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Password Protect for edit SVG "like save as PDF"

when save as PDF there are option "security" to can make password to restrict edit protected PDF, can please make this feature also for SVG.
    because for example : if put SVG illustration in website it very easy for any person to take from the website and open it in illustrator or any SVG edit program, so need to make password when open SVG in any SVG edit program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give Illustrator stand alone software buy.........

You really should let ppl buy standalone software like Photoshop and Premiere is now..

WTF not with Illustrator? and the other softwares...

I won't be using it much so paying under a subscription is too much....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There is a double layer enabled at the launching screen and New File screen

Upon opening the 2018 CC apps the welcome/launch and the New File screens have 2 layers attached and thus makes it hard to select the file or action that I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to record the "Make Pixel Perfect" action

Please add a feature to the AI Action to able to record "Object > Make Pixel Perfect". It's needed when I prepare bitmap assets for HTML5 Advertising in Animate CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In multi-column text box, Page Break command does not work

When I make a Area Type Text Box with Many Columns Page Break [return key] does not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Navigator and Artboard bug

Navigator doesn't move around and there are two "23" in Artboards. The number artboard 22 doesn't even appear

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Variable Fonts in Paragraph/Character Styles

This may well be planned already, but I would love to be able to edit variable font axes inside the paragraph style dialogue. This would be very valuable in keeping things consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ai File icon turned upside down

Hi. I have updated the ai to version cc 2018 and all the icons of my files in ai format turned upside down. It makes me feel annoyed even it does not hinder me from opening and working on the files. May i know how this can be fixed?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.

2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When exporting png files with 300 ppi, keep the actual size of the canvas

Hello, it would be great if you export a canvas of z. For example, 100x100px can set the ppi resolution to 300 while the exported png is still exactly 100x100px. for the creation of tile sets that would be very good and would save me many hours of work. In addition, the pngs would also have a color profile, which is unfortunately not the case at the moment. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a panel setting to auto-expand "Layers" panel

Please add a panel option to the "Layers" panel to expand new layers by default. I'm sick of clicking it for each new document I create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search tool in libraries

Adding a search tool in my library panel would be helpful, thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

There is a Search bar in Libraries, which searches from Adobe Stock by default, and there is a dropdown where you can choose whether to search through current/all libraries.

-Yogesh

17. A 'Remove Duplicate/Wholly Obscured Objects' feature

A 'Remove Duplicate/Wholly Obscured Objects' feature

I can pay for a plugin that removes duplicate objects that are immediately above/below a copy. I need something more sophisticated; an option to clean up a drawing by removing all duplicate objects and all wholly obscured objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use arrow keys to kern letterforms

I would like to use arrow keys to visually kern letterforms, instead of having to enter numerical values = what you can do now only if you outline type. Thanks, Barry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. (Prepress Futures 2) Channel mixer

I use a lot the Channel mixer option in photoshop, cause i need to convert CMYK photos into lets say CM plus 2 or 3 spot colors, then I need to do the same in illustrator for vector illustrations and I dont want to convert this vector into pixels, I wana keep it vector to mantain the quality.

I know I can import the file as a smart object into photoshop but better if I can do it directly in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe installers for Mac install corrupt files

Adobe installers for Mac install corrupt files, as shown by DiskWarrior "Files - Check All Files and Folders”. For instance:

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/amtservices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/._Info.plist

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/LWA/asneu.framework/Versions/A/Resources/._Info.plist

It would be great if Adobe checked that to make sure all files are OK before releasing installers. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base