• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

125 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

2. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is a change in the way rendering is handled in Illustrator Beta build with Metal support. Request everyone who faces this issue to try this Metal build and share us if this issue is reproducible in this build.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

If you still get a crash during sleep/wake please follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Please share the crash logs with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

3. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1) Follow this to collect logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
    2) Kindly share the above with us in a Zxp file which is collected at desktop at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    3) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in message of Email.

Thanks,
    Ankit Goyal

4. Adobe Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)-The latest updated version KEEPS CRASHING on MacOS Mojave

Hi
    I'm having crashing issues with the simplest movements like dragging, changing the type sizes, accidentally double-clicking etc.
    First the screen freezes.
    Later everything goes blank/my screen sometimes goes full black and forced shutdown follows.
    I'm using Macbook Air - MacOs Mojave version 10.14.6. (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3).
    This is happening every time I open up AI without exception.
    Note: When I started my computer in safe mode-AI is working normally.
    What should we do?
    Thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

6. Background Save works but it thinks it's not working!

Illustrator 2020 v24.0, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

1. As I'm working on a .AI file, I periodically save, expecting the saving to complete in the background.

2. The save completes - I can tell that by looking at the file using QuickLook in the Finder, but...

Expected Result: I expect the asterisk to go away, and I expect to have no dialog when I click close.

Actual Result: The "I'm not a saved document" asterisk is still in the title bar, and if I click the close button, I get a "your document won't be saved" dialog.

I'm uploading a screenshot.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.

Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file. Please let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Juhi Varshney
    Illustrator Team

7. Dashed Line not working

Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14

The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dana,

I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
    1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
    2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
    3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?

Thanks
    Anish

8. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.0 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide scripts , Test file(Via File→Package), video & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

9. Fonts are not refreshed when right sided metrics are changed

This issue happens in the context of editing the metrics of a font file multiple times (in order to view new metrics changes in realtime).

Fonts will not always be refreshed to the latest version when overwriting a font file in the Adobe Fonts folder with a new updated version:

• When a right sidebearing of a glyph is changed and the font regenerated, the font is NOT updated in Illustrator.

• Whereas editing a left side bearing and regenerating the font will show the updated font with all edited metrics (both the new left & right sidebearings).

Issue happens in all…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1) Kindly share both version of fonts at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
    2) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in subject of email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

10. illustrator crashes when opening existing files

Adobe illustrator crashes when opening existing files. After two complete re-installations (one of which was preceded by CC Cleaner), on a new machine running MacOS Catalina, the first Illustrator startup is correct. But Illustrator quits as soon as I try to open a file, even if that file has just been saved by this version.
    Other CC softwares are not affected.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The team is unable to reproduce this issue.
    Please provide the below information and help us in isolating this issue further?
    1) Is this issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.1 ?
    2) If yes, kindly provide some video, test file (Via File > Package) & steps with which you are facing issue.

Please share the above in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com.

Also, mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks

11. Illustrator ignores variable font kerning

As described. Illustrator is not interpolating kerning data. Using a font that works well on everything but Illustrator. Left is view in Chrome, right in Illustrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eyedropper tool not showing correct colors sampled outside of Illustrator

When I click and drag the eyedropper tool outside of Illustrator to sample a color from something else (a website, pdf document, etc.), the color isn't correctly picked up.
    For example, if I move the eyedropper over something orange, it shows in Illustrator as blue or black; even if I sample a large white space, it shows in Illustrator as a different color. It seems to only be showing sampled colors as white, neutral, black/gray, and shades of blue.
    The program is up-to-date.
    I tried it in two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and the results were the same in both. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have seen this issue specific to macOS 10.15. Enabling “Screen Recording” access right to Illustrator resolved this issue.

You can change this setting by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording and add Illustrator Application.

Please try this and reply in comment if the above suggestion worked for you.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

13. A blank white popup window opens over a file when opening.

Closing the window gets it out of the way & I can continue. It only happens the first time I launch AI and then open a file.

I'm on a 2016 MacBook Pro running Catalina & Illustrator 24.0.
    Screenshot attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Type on a path tool resizing causes crash

I have the latest version of Illustrator CC 2020 v. 24.0.3. Unfortunately, everytime I try to resize a type on path, Illustrator crashes. I have restarted the app and system and that didn't help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Duplicating an Artboard with art on it and then Undoing it, causes crash

if you drag and artboard with art on it while holding option to duplicate, it duplicates fine, but if you Undo, the duplicated artboard remains and you can't delete. sometimes if you try and select the artboard illustrator will crash. the only way to update is to reopen the affected file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Since we are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide the following information to nail down the issue further :
    Kindly provide the machine details and the illustrator version with which the issue is happening .
    Kindly provide the test file and test steps to help us reproducing the issue .

It would be very helpful if you can provide the video recording to reproduce the steps .
    Kindly share the above details ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of mail .

Regards,
    Pooja Garg
    Illustrator Team

16. New Update (v24) crashes when I launch Illustrator by opening a file from finder

I'm working on macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Mem 16 GB
    Graphics Radeon Pro 460 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Anytime I double click on an illustrator file from a finder window to launch illustrator (it is not open) the icon bounces and then crashes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue.

Kindly share the above with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

17. Illustrator could only partially read this file

When I load the first attached file in 24.0.1 (with Windows 10) it loads OK and I can edit it. When I save it and try to reload it in 24.0.1 it says Illustrator could only partially read this file. That's awful when Illustrator cannot read a file it has just saved.

The layers (and sublayers) under ALL > WATERWAYS > A-B beginning with A have all gone missing when it reads in what it can. Other parts may be missing too.

It works fine in 23.1. and I have had to revert to using that.

I have lost a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Character Panel Typing Font Names Manually Issue

When trying to type certain font names manually in the first field the placement of the letters jumps to the wrong spot.

When I type "Arial Bold", "Arial Regular", or "Cooper Black" the cursor or text placement seems to fail and not type the text in order from left to right. I saw one other post here with a similar issue but it could not be reproduced. This is the first time I have seen this so far on the new Illustrator CC 2020. After typing the "o" in "Arial Bold" the letters end up typing to the left of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvieniecne caused to you due to this issue but we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.
    To nail down the issue further we would like the following information from your end :
    1) Setting in the font search dialog – (“Search Entire Font Name” or “Search first name only”)
    It would be really helpful if you could provide a short video having steps to reproduce the issue.

Share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

19. Thai language bug

Thai font deleted or missing when create outline.
    Most of the time it happens to few or last fonts of the line.

Macbook Pro 15"
    OS 10.14.6
    IllustratorCC version 23.0.4

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you upgrade to latest release 23.0.6 and let us know if it fixes your issue. We had fixed a bug with similar description in 23.0.6

Thanks,
    Ashutosh

20. Switching between files doesn't work properly - or at all

See the attached video. I have two files open. The second file I opened does not display. When I click on the file tab I still have the previous file displayed. Regardless of which file is active, I can only edit one. I can't even see the other. They are two completely different projects - they do not look the same. You are only seeing one file in this video, despite which one I select. I have to quite and restart, losing any changes I may have in the one file I cannot see.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base