Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

146 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

2. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is a change in the way rendering is handled in Illustrator Beta build with Metal support. Request everyone who faces this issue to try this Metal build and share us if this issue is reproducible in this build.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

If you still get a crash during sleep/wake please follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Please share the crash logs with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

3. 46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly provide the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing this issue.
    2)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
    Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

4. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:

Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

5. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3

2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash

3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas

4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

6. Background Save works but it thinks it's not working!

Illustrator 2020 v24.0, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

1. As I'm working on a .AI file, I periodically save, expecting the saving to complete in the background.

2. The save completes - I can tell that by looking at the file using QuickLook in the Finder, but...

Expected Result: I expect the asterisk to go away, and I expect to have no dialog when I click close.

Actual Result: The "I'm not a saved document" asterisk is still in the title bar, and if I click the close button, I get a "your document won't be saved" dialog.

I'm uploading a screenshot.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.

Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file. Please let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Juhi Varshney
    Illustrator Team

7. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

8. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

9. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offset Path Won't Work

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and can't get negative offset path values to work. I am trying to create an offset path in the negatives in text that I have created outlines on. When I do positive numbers, the offset path gets bigger (as it should) When I do negative offset values, the object is duplicated but at the exact same size. I have tried using the offset path tool from both the 'object' and 'effect' tabs and neither is giving me results. I have also tried negative values ranging from -1 to -16,000... there is no change.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Can you please provide a screenshot or step-by-step details of what you are trying to do. I ask because it’s working fine for me (see attached screenshot; it’s quite possible that I misinterpreted what you are trying to achieve). Could it be that the negative offset you are applying is greater than the size of the object. In that case, it won’t work. Otherwise it should.

11. font finder/Missing font box keeps loading and unable to activate missing fonts

Find Font box not working. Example i am missing fonts and when i open that menu it shows the fonts used in the document but the missing ones just have a loading circle next to it and it never stops.

Also the Missing font box. When i do have the fonts and want to Activate them they will never activate, It just loads for 10mins and stops with out loading the fonts.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working

When I select my text box and then go to the Font pull down menu, I used to be able to use my arrow key and scroll through the font menu. While doing this the font box in my document would preview the fonts. Now I literally have to mouse over the font in the menu, which IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING and time consuming. Please fix this feature!!!

Or I could start typing in a font and Illustrator would suggest fonts as I type - this no longer work either.

CC2018

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.0 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide scripts , Test file(Via File→Package), video & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

15. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

16. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

17. Export for Screens: pre-export settings for PNG and JPG are same, but post-export JPG resolutions vary

This is odd. I'm in Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1).

I have a .ai doc open.

I go to File->Export->Export for Screens...

Under the Artboards tab, I set up PNGs and JPG 100s, at various scales using Width as the variable. (See Export for Screens Screenshot)

I hit the Export Artboard button, and am notified of success.

I go to Bridge to examine the results. (See Adobe Bridge Screenshot)

The exported PNGs all have resolutions of 72 ppi (expected, good result).

The exported JPGs have varying resolutions, from 12 to 72 ppi (unexpected, bad result).

Why would that happen? Why don't all…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry about the issue in Illustrator,
    we need your help to resolve it.

Please share the given details at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    1) If the issue is reproducible on latest build 25.0?
    2) Is multiple AI versions installed in your system? If yes, please share the details.
    3) Some video & Test file for our reference.

Also, please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks

18. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

19. Align not working when ALL items in a group are selected

Since updating to CC 2018, align to selection and align to artboard are not working when ALL items in a group are selected.

Align appears to work if ALL BUT ONE item in the group are selected ... but if the final item is selected, it stops working ... nothing happens.

This is not ideal as it means you then have to align the remaining item with the rest of the group manually ... with transform or by eye.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side and behavior is similar to Illustrator CC 2017 version. If you think behavior is changed in Illustrator CC 2018 kindly share a small video of Illustrator CC 2017 behavior and Illustrator CC 2018 behavior at sharewithai@adobe.com so I can further investigate it.

Please do mention the link of this thread so we can identify you

20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base