1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4373 results found

1. Extra clicks in Properties

Why I need to click the More Options to access all the Pathfinder functions in Properties? There's plenty of space. I don't understand this change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Set default PDF export preset

When saving as PDF the preset is always set to Illustrator standard and you have to manually use the drop down menu to choose the standard you need.

Most designers use always the same standard. I work for example in preprint and have to select X1a. It sucks to have to select this for every dingle file dozens of times a day.

Other designers struggle there as well and send us constantly PDFs that are not X1a because of this. They forget about the selection.

To ease up regular work flows it would be very handy to save this setting…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Case Number ADB-6495411-N0N4

In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Manual provides ZERO help.
    Function does not work.
    Meaning that Printing automation NOT exist and multiple output files renaming from default "DATA SET 1..2..3."manually - undermine whole "VARIABLE" function.

Please HELP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More Image tracing options

It's better if you increase or make a custom image trace more than 16 you have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable "hover scrolling to change numeric value in input fields"! At least an option to do so

it's super maddening and frustrating. I often have to use trackpad to do work and this activates so easily. Please provide an option to turn this off. Thanks

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rotate objects around an anchor point but each object stays in it's original orientation

See attached image to help make sense of my ramblings.

This may already be an option that I'm not aware of but I'd love the ability to rotate objects around a point but those objects NOT to be rotated but just repositioned. In the example I attached, I want to be able to rotate the outer orange circles around the centre point of the blue circle. When I do this, the circles and text rotate. This is a simple example but I think it's got potential on more complex things.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off small circle on brush tool

How can I turn off the brush size indicator circle at the end of the brush tool? It is very annoying, lags behind brush and can't see drawing as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. Frustrating & time wasting.

When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. It worked fine in the previous version. It also is taking a very long time to open files that used to open quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an improved scaling tool

I create scale drawings of Vintage gliders and aircraft and use several photos on my Artboard to refer to. I need to scale these photos to match what I am drawing and this requires taking a measurement from the photo then getting out my calculator to work out the scaling factor. It would be far simpler if I could just draw a line over the required section of the photo and then tell the scaling tool the size that I need it to be and the photo is then scaled

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Live Corner Radius - Expand round corner created with live corner widget on a live shape to an object/Shape/Path *without* a numeric value

I want to eliminate the live corner radius numbers and have the object simply be a shape without a corner radius assigned (Just expanded shape to a path with a fill) so that if its scaled by just about anyone it can't get screwed up. It seems like CC limited the ability to do this easily, its making me insane! Just like you would outline a stroke, I want to "outline" or expand the corner radius created with the widget, any ideas?

Basically if I save a drawing or logo that was created with the corner widget as an expanded…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Guides can't be edited in Isolation mode

Literally, you can't isolate a guide, neither with a double clicking or a hotkey. Nothing happens. Please fix this

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to adjust the width of a gradient line using the new Freeform Gradient Tool

The new Freeform Gradient Tool is great, except that it doesn't have an option to adjust the width of the gradient lines. I think there is no need to further explain why this should be useful, because it's such a basic feature.

To make it really powerful, adjusting the width should work like the Width Tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Precision drawing tools

Precision tools for drawing (symmetry, coordinates for handles, precise control of curves, etc.).
    Currently, drawing a logo with precision is almost impossible.
    It would be useful to draw inspiration from CAD, Rhino3d, Astute Graphics plugins, font creation tools (another lack of Adobe), etc.
    Why do we have to buy other software to perform this task?
    This is a serious lack of Adobe.
    Or Adobe could develop another software (or an illustrator tool) with an interface dedicated to the geometric precision of the curves.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have started working on this request. This was only a Mac-related issue where the shortcut got changed. We are setting it back to F12. We are not removing this shortcut, because a lot if users do use this shortcut. If you want to remove it, or change it to even more obscure key, you can do it as per your liking by editing the shortcut.

Please refer this link to know how to customize keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html#Definenewkeyboardshortcuts

Thanks,

Varun

15. 3D Mouse Support

Originally posted in the forums:

I am aware that this has been asked before, but I have not found an adequate answer.

I have always disliked the methods used by Illustrator for pan and zoom functions.

I have been using a program called X-Mouse Button Control to remap the functions of the mouse wheel and middle click to pan and zoom operations. For panning, this works well: Middle click to pan. In X-Mouse, the middle click is replaced with a macro that will hold the space key, and simulate a click/hold of the left mouse button. This allows panning in…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. metadata

Please update the ability to add metadata to a file, similar to the way you can with Adobe Lightroom Classic. The current file info feature is difficult to understand and you have to drill way down to get your information into the metadata.

The ability to create Metadata presets that you can easily apply to files. The metadata preset would include:
    - Basic file information
    - IPTC Content, Copyright, Creator, etc. info
    - Keywords

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split View on Mac

Split View on MAC, allows for full screen view while running 2 apps, with ability to interact with both sides of the screen. Its available on all apps, except Abode! I check PS and AI - they both don't work in this view.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Select All Unused Key Command

Hello,

It would be very useful if custom key commands could be applied to palette commands. Specifically, I would love to create a key command for "Select All Unused" in the swatches palette drop-down menu. It currently requires a click in the palette, scroll down to select the command, clicking the garbage can in the palette then clicking (or enter/return) to confirm that you want to delete unused swatches. Some days I convert hundreds of files swatches from Pantone to CMYK then to RGB. A key command would speed this up dramatically!

Thank you!
    User since Illustrator 88!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. remove trailing whitespace

I would like to be able to remove trailing whitespace from images in Illustrator. I would use InDesign but I want to be about to use the flexibility of artboards in illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base