When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4382 results found

1. Export plain absolute or relative SVG-Code - not mixed on as now.

Ai creates SVG-Code with both types of instructions: absolute (capital letters in the code) and relative (lower case letters in the code) instructions. For working with the SVG-Code, it would be better, Ai creates plain absolute or plain relative Code - perhaps the user can choose it before exporting. For my work with SVG, I programmed a tool to do so (in a second step after exporting of course), but it would be much better (and for all of us), if Ai would do it itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. <critical bug> can open same file. that means lose data anytime.

This is critical bug and cause my job lost many times. When I using illustrator with unsaved, I can open same file . That means I can lose the data. I remember there were alert if I open same file or can not open for old version.
    For example, Photoshop can not open same file if I use the data. So photoshop does cover this issue. Please fix this bug asap !! Thank

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Disable Snap to Path

Can someone please explain to me why you can turn off "snap to grid", "snap to pixel", and "snap to point" off, but you can't turn "snap to path" off. It used to be you could just easily turn off "snap", which would turn all forms of snap off. Now, when I'm trying to adjust points on a path, the anchor handles still snap to path. The only way to get it to not snap to path is to zoom very close in. This is problematic when you can't see your entire curve, because you're zoomed in, and you can't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to switch how letters overlap

By default, when letters overlap, each following glyph is displayed above the previous one.

When using text effects or OpenType-SVG fonts, this can lead to disappointing results, like shadows on the wrong direction.

Would love to be able to toggle the order in which all glyphs of a specific text selection are rendered: above or below the previous one.

Could even use the extra space in the Character palette to include the feature button ;)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keyboard shortcut to duplicate a layer and its content or an object

Please consider creating a keyboard shortcut that will duplicate a selected layer and its content, as in PsCC, for example.

In PsCC one can duplicate a selected layer and its contents by using either of two keyboard shortcuts: 1) 'Ctrl+J' -or- 2) 'Alt+(any up/down/left/right arrow)'.

In either case, the duplicated layer+content will appear above the selected layer.

Thank you.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keyboard shortcuts for Bold and Italic text

It would be useful if, while typing/editing text, there was a keyboard shortcut to add BOLD or ITALICS - highlight the word, hit CTRL + B to bold, for example.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text block with paragraph styling

I dream for text block with automaticaly applied paragraph styling to every text in it. If you have linked text blocks, each with its own style, you can put text from a database or a worksheet and avoid formatting each row individually. Present sheet with business cards where name, address, job, etc. are linked to text boxes and you put in them data from excel. You have to format each item in the style. If the blocks carry the style of the text, it is enough to make sure each text is in its box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display Performance Quality like InDesign (an image proxy capability for large images)

It would be cool to be able to adjust the Display Performance (even if only on placed bitmaps) like InDesign (Fast Display / Typical Display / High Quality Display) in order to gain a performance boost.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop tool panel from changing

I would like to be able to lock the tool panel. At the moment tools are always moving around. For example, a seleciton tool (black arrow) frequently disappears. It's a pain when I'm typing because I can't switch to a selection tool by using a shortcut "V" and I have to select a white arrow first and then press "V" to make the black arrow visible again. Horrible!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Layers in Actions

When creating a custom Action, I would like to be able to switch off specific layers as art of that Action. At the moment, this is not possible, but adding this feature would speed up my daily workflow - and the workflow of all of my colleagues. Please consider it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wrong exported image size (extra pixel added) if artboard coordinates are non-integer

AI 21.1.0 macOS.

In attached AI file there are 1 artboard if you just export it for Screens you will get an image size 105px × 104px, however in AI it's sized as 104x104px.
    Check that X coordinate of artboard is 172.34 px, so it's float. Just change it to 172px and re-publish and image will be 104x104.

So, coordinates of artboard should affect into output png image.

ALso, should be related too:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20530969-export-for-screens-adds-extra-pixels-at-to-exports

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is probably happening because the artboard dimensions are not appropriate for raster export (i.e. are in decimals).
    If you make x and y values as the whole numbers in the transform panel (not in decimal), then the extra pixels will not be added to the exported image.

That is the workaround, and it’s reported that it’s not always the case.

At the same time — Ai knows the size of artboards to be exported and yet it does not deliver the set sizes, which is not fair. The team is going to rethink the algorithm.

12. Accents / Diacritics accessibility

i'm using Illustrator and I need to type in Portuguese/Spanish so i need to use accents like áàê

Everywhere else on Mac OS if I long press the key I get an accent pop up, like this:

In Illustrator, this never shows up.

I know there are workarounds (glyphs window, other mac shortcuts and keyboard viewer) but none of those is practical.
    That accent pop up is shown everywhere else in the system except for Illustrator, which is very frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. cup die line template maker tool

. I needed to create a sticker or litho wrap around a bucket and a cup. I needed a tool that allows me to put in the circumference of a top circle and a bottom of the circle and the size of the side between the top and bottom.
    I need to create a template that i can use for a bucket and or cup without going into geometry. I am an Graphic Designer working for a Coffee company. I really can use this for all sorts of item at work. Please in the future. add flexibility to a round…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to set custom default Transparency Flattener Options settings when saving EPS

There is no way to tweak said default settings.
    Even you create custom document profile from document with tweaked settings, it still come up as default-default when you try to save project, created from this profile.

More on this here, for example:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2456425

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow items in libraries to exist in multiple groups or allow items to be tagged and filtered by tag.

At the moment, items in a CC Library can be ungrouped, or added to a single group. Often though (certainly the way I use them), items may belong to multiple groups. If for example I have an icon that represents the status of something but also has a person in, it could possibly exist in both the "people" and "statuses" groups.

It would make cataloging items much easier especially in larger libraries.

Either that or tagging, so each item could be tagged potentially multiple times so that I could then filter by tag?

Cheers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keeping my tool preference

Since Adobe's CC platform, I actually dread major updates because they seem to wipe my user preferences forgetting all my shortcuts and forcing me behavioural changes each and single updates.

The latest was the disappearance of Illustrator knife tool from my tool set. Little did I know that the knife tool is under advanced tool section, and that I needed to switch to my tool to advanced mode in order to use the knife tool. There may have been other nifty Adobe ways to access it, but I just simply don't have time to relearn all that stuff.

Adobe, let's…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Never interrupt my work. Never show new features

Never interrupt my work. never show new features.
    master switch for a "veteran" mode that will never interrupt you to show you stupid s**t that you already know.

the dumbing down of the CC products is disgusting. you're literally driving me to work on different platforms. I've not opened premiere in a year and I'm down to only photoshop and illustrator.
    Add enough pain and I'll move off of those as well.

Not only that I'll probably start a YT channel for others detailing how to leave he cult of Adobe as a industry pro.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Select > Same > Font (Size/ Style/ Typeface / Size& Style / Size and Typeface)

Extend the select menu items to include options for selecting type variations.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let's add Vasily Hall's name to the Ai credits?

These never get added for some reason, so I'm going to try once per day to put it up here:

As you may be aware, Illustrator has a natively build CSV-import feature for variables now. This wouldn't have come if Vasily didn't undertake the effort to create this feature as a script, 3 years prior. https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable Importer/VariableImporter.jsx

His contribution was:
    1. User research, connecting with users from all over the world to get a sense of whether anyone even wants to import CSV files and use graph variables.
    2. Naming convention syntax for visibility and graph variables.
    3. Logical mechanism…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to create Layer masks in Ai that can be used in Ae

I would like to have the ability to create masks in Illustrator that carry over to Ae. It would make the process much faster and more streamlines to build it all in illustrator before I transfer over to Ae for animation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base