1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4362 results found

1. Align to x-height / Cap height, align to effects' bounds

Hey! Illustrator rocks!! I am a professionnal user and I have to tell you that the software is really awesome!!!
    As a graphic designer (specialized in UI) I have to align stuff all the time:
    1- I would like to to be able to align the text to x-height inside a box rapidly. ( for instance the words inside a button )
    2-It would be nice to be able to align the stuff that has been duplicated with the Transformation... tool
    For now in both case I would have to decompose a duplicate of the transformed shape and manage to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unify the design language of UI and UX across all Adobe products

Panels, sliders, buttons, icons, properties, drag and drop behavior is different across all your products. Why? Unify them under a single design language. I would look to Adobe XD for inspiration.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notes Feature

Create a notes panel to write notes for yourself, the next person working on your file, the print house, etc.

The notes would pop up first thing when you open a file, and can be printed, amended, deleted etc... they could be print instructions, or time logs, or anything deemed of value to associate with the document.

These notes would travel with the document.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands

My kingdom for Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands! These commands could be bound to the [ and ] keys by default since this is how you control brush weight. It would be wonderful if you could set the increment/decrement amounts in Preferences as well!

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suddenly Crashing and then Reopening with a Text Import Options pop up. Please fix. What is going on?

There are many instances mentioned on the web of illustrator file suddenly crashing and a text import options pop up appearing when you try to reopen. The file is then blank. It doesn't matter how many times you have saved it. There is nothing in layers. Please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back the rounded corners in the rectangle dialog

Please place the rounded corners back into the rectangle dialog window. The new experience for this feature is undiscoverable and not intuitive at all. The usage pattern is inconsistent with the rest of the drawing tools e.g. polygon, stars... Have you consider testing it on users before launching the new 2019 version? Please do not redesign for the sake of redesign. Your users are not being efficient in their workflows because they have to spend time to figure it out where those features have gone. I am very sorry but this is a frustrating experience.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment.

The rounded corner box is still there in new versions, but hidden, as a 'not-frequently-used' — well, statistics-wise. Click on the three dots at the bottom of your toolbar and pick Rounded Rectangle tool directly, or drop it into your toolbar.

Please free to add comments, if you think that this tool should be included to the Essentials toolbox anyway, and why you think this is important.

7. Add an option for trimming side bearings

Valerii Mamedov pointed out the problem with side bearings, when each new line of text is shifted from the edge:
    https://i.imgur.com/mwHx6pG.png

This forces us to manually kern first glyph, which takes time, changes upon new font and still lacks precision.

Besides other appliances Illustrator is used for typographic design, and if user could set trimming of side bearings as a paragraph option, this could greatly help with font visual alignments.

The problem is amply described here:
    https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2013/11/11/xaml-text-improvements-in-windows-8-1/#ppyvqg1uKdWqE0Dv.97
    https://indesignsecrets.com/removing-space-along-left-edge.php

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More effective info panel

Let Info panel automatically appear when Measure Tool or Eyedropper are active and when Guides are moved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bleed View - a view mode that shows just the artwork

Add a view mode that shows only artwork on the artboards, like in InDesign. Where I don't see the bleed and the artwork on it.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

10. Discard all Overprints

I work specifically in digital prepress for POP displays, and never use overprinting at all. Removing overprinting from a document can be a hassle as I work with documents that almost always contain a mix of solid objects, linked raster images and other things. I consider myself extremely lucky when I find a document that I can easily remove all overprints from in one go

Illustrator already has a "Discard white overprints" in the document setup (although I rarely use this menu). We should either have a menu option to remove all overprints from a document, or at least an…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Non esiste la possibilità di ri-utilizzare un file .ai in adobe Draw. Questo è un problema!

Nel caso capiti di perdere o sovrascrivere un file creativo online (nel Cloud) dell'App Adobe Draw e si avesse solo l'esportazione del progetto in Illustrator (.ai), non esiste la possibilità di poter ritornare a lavorarci in Adobe Draw! Non esiste un file di scambio al contrario cioè da Illustrator a Draw! Questo può rappresentare un problema serio!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Conditional appearance panel

It would be great if you could use some conditional logic together with appearance panel, and possibility to pick individual characters/words (first/middle/last 1, 2,...characters). And also possibility to combine several styles under one appearance, together with some input panel for user interaction). That would make it possibility to do more repeat things that you now need an action for but instead could use a style. Because actions I have tried tend to have a lot of errors to them, sooner or later. So maybe this could become a more stable option and I can see how this can make Illustrator…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Document setup with two or more measurement units

I often work in both imperial and metric on documents, such as having a box be seven inches, but the minuscule die line details cut up in millimeters. So, it would be great if the Transform pallet displayed both, rather than one or the other.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please let list of scripts displayed in File > Scripts get updated

When I add or make changes to Scripts folder, I have to relaunch AI to make it see changes. How difficult it would be to add an option there to auto-update it, or just to add command 'Update scripts'?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to move the live measurement display to the other side of the cursor.

I'm right handed. When dragging out shapes, line segments, artboards, etc., the live measurement display is obscured by my hand. It would be great if there were an option to move it to the other side of the cursor so right handed people can see it. Another option would be to have it display somewhere on the control panel. Just somewhere where it could be easily seen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Transparency modes for coloured fonts in AI (Fontself Plugin)

Hi, I'm using Fontself in Illustrator. I designed a coloured typeface, all is good so far but when I type a text, and try to apply the multiply mode in transparency when selecting the text, nothing really happens as it would happen with any normal font (please see screen capture for reference). Is there any way to integrate this feature in Illustrator, where we can adjust letters' transparency and transfer modes of coloured fonts?
    Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tile windows does not work on my 23.0.3 version on Mas OS Mojave 10.14.4 mac book pro 2018

Window/ Tile windows does not work on my 23.0.3 version on Mas OS Mojave 10.14.4 mac book pro 2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. the ability to search with in the symbols palette

we can search with in the swatch palette, can that be carried over to the symbols palettes?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Editable text underline feature as available in Indesign

Illustrator is the industry standard application for the packaging design and artwork industry. I don't think that this was the original plan for Illutsrator but this is now just a fact of life and millions of users around the world in the packaging industry use this day in day out for very technical builds where printer specifications must be taken into account. There are hundreds of features that could be added to make our lives easier as we work the lack of certain features to get it to do what we need. But the most glaring ommision for many of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Increase Bleed Limit!

1 inch bleed limit may seem extreme for offset (usually 1/8") or packaging (1/4"), but people use Illustrator for all kinds of projects! Textile vendors want much more. The limit makes proofing annoying because we need to get approvals without bleed.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base