Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

44 results found

1. Scaling segment scales another segment handle

I want to scale a segment of a path, so it's handles would have more length. I select this segment with Direct Selection, then pick Scale tool, hit Enter and set uniform scale. Strangely, this scale not only handles of my segment, but one handle of the segment NEXT TO ADJACENT, one segment away. I don't need it.

Attached screen recording shows this unselected handle anchor in pink circle. After I scale my segment, position of the handle changes, although my actions should not have affect it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sadly, the issue must have been a very specific one and can’t be reproduced anymore by the description only, and the recording seems to be lost. So it’s either fixed or extremely rare. If you can replicate it, please share the case again.

2. Text panel not working!!! Suddenly I cannot change font, font size, leading, etc.

Suddenly I cannot change font, font size, leading, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cannot Reproduce  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

3. Constrain Angle Preference Setting

When changed, the preference value for constrain angle does not work with shift drag in the latest version 21.1.0.

Pen, shape tools and nudge keys appear unaffected.

The changed value only works with shift drag after application restart.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Saving PDF

Hi there! So, after the last update (Ai 2018) when I save ".ai" to ".PDF" or ".EPS", the software doesn't saving. The "Save Adobe PDF" window doesn't open. Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Guides not snappable when locked or on a locked layer

For some reason, after updating to CC 2019 from CC 2018 today, I noticed that the smart guides won't snap to guides when you hover over them (i.e. with the pen tool) if guides are locked (which is usually the case for me since it's annoying having them unlocked and accidentally selecting them all the time) or on a locked layer. They were always recognized by the smart guides regardless of being locked or not as far as I remember in every past version of Ai. Any way to fix this back to how it was? It's super annoying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Problem with graphic driver or screen

Hi! I have the next problem on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Int GPU Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    Ext GPU AMD Radeon 555

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. (MojaveOS) Quit Unrelated Program, Minimized Illustrator Pops Out

When I have illustrator minified and quit out of another program, such as terminal, illustrator pops out onto the desktop instead of staying minified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Imac 10.12.6 Ilustrator CC

All of the sudden I am unable to export any of my work. Am I doing something wrong? vThe message say " Can t save this file. You do not have access priveleges Id -5000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

this message seems to be coming from the operating system. You can try creating a new user account and see if the problem goes away.
    Our support engineers will be happy yo help you if you need support
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

9. Misleading Backup

I just lost an hour's work due to a power failure. I usually save more often, but didn't today. When the power came back and Illustrator launched, I was not prompted to recover a file. I checked the preferences and it said it was saving recovery data every two minutes.

The recovery location was empty.

I went on chat with support and they said, "Illustrator will, on very rare occasions, recover a file after a crash. it's exceptionally rare though. It has something to do with how and why the crash occured and only in special instances is recover possible.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please share the case id so that I can understand the conversation you had with the support staff.
    We do turn off data recovery for complex documents as it affects performance. However there is a way to turn that optimisation off in preference File handling and Clipboard > Turn off Data Recovery for complex documents

10. File's list Symbols not automatically updated in panel when pasting symbols from another file.

Illustrator CC 2018 (22.1) on Mac High Sierra 10.13.3

I have a file that already has symbols in it. When I paste more symbols from another file, the symbols recently pasted do not appear in the Symbols panel (eg if I want to select one of them and use the panel's menu to select all instances).

The first file below shows the Symbol panel with the new symbols missing.
    The second shows the Replace dropdown menu, where the new symbols are shown (colour circles).

I only managed to make the new symbols appear by creating a random new one (it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator crashes when opening this svg

This svg crashes Illustrator when opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Illustrator CC won's allow me to update the artboard size in Options panel.

When I change the width and height the size automatically reverts back to a size that is some 20 pixels off. I need the artboards to be precisely 2160x1920 which is the size they were when created, but somehow they change to different sizes like 2180x1916. When I try to update the size in the field, as soon as I click off the field the dimension goes right back to the old, incorrect dimension. I cannot save it out to the correct dimension. I can drag the size of the artboard with the artboard tool, but that is impossible to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Changing size of area type shape with mixed font style changes all characters to one font style

I was using trial version of Illustrator CC 2017. I just purchased for a year and upgraded to Illustrator CC 2018.

Draw shape. Choose area type tool. Click path of bubble. Bubble disappears and is converted to Lorem Ipsum text with transparent path. Deselect object. Choose direct selection tool. Select the path. Choose default b/w stroke/fill. Now text is inside a white bubble with black outline. (I also used Type > Area Type Options > Inset Spacing to adjust margins inside the path, and First Baseline to X Height.)

Now, use the Type tool to select one word. Under Properties…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

14. App viewing window not appearing, Latest Windows Update

I just updated as windows prompted last night to Windows 10 Home; Version 1709; OS Build 16299.98, and Illustrator, photoshop, and presumably all adobe programs now has only the top bar for close, maximize/minimize- The workspace and any windows opened (ie file new) are just the background gray fill or black. The mouse seems to react between pointing and selecting and possibly the program is working underneath, but I can't see it. I've quit and restarted computer multiple times. Considering it was fine before, it's most likely tied to this latest release.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

15. Why can I not use control in the new illustrator 2018

I cannot use control for some reason in illustrator 2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

16. Ghost Trails

Updated the new Illustartor and now have ghost trails (copies what ever it is I am dragging a million times) everytime I click and drag a picture or text. Cant see my work, or move anything. I can close the window and reopen it and sometimes it will go away until I click and drag something again.

Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cannot Reproduce  ·  Raghuveer responded

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer

17. Zoom in/out Quick Key stopped working

Since updating to CC 2018 the zoom in/out quick key has stopped working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PDF save

in Ai CC 2017 and earlier i could save a file to "press quality" and uncheck the "preserve illustrator editing capabilities" to make a smaller PDF... a 70 MB Ai file could be saved to a "press quality" file at about 16 MB. now when i uncheck said box the PDF is 700KB and doesn't open as a PDF but has this text: "This is an Adobe® Illustrator® File that was saved without PDF Content". and if i leave it checked the resulting PDF is the same size as the Ai file. What happened?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. curser error

while i am writing the name of a font I want to use the curser go to previews letter and stack on it, with the new letters written next to it.

Please se the video below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Typeface search box in Character panel still does not work

In the Character panel, when typing the name of a font, Illustrator allows two letter to be typed in and then jumbles the letters as one types them in, resulting in a frustrating and useless search.

In the attached screen shot, I was attempting to type in "Avant Garde" ... instead this is what happens. Every time. With any text entry. It was the same in the previous version of CC as well (only in Illustrator).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base