Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

359 results found

1. Automated/AI-powered file names in Asset Export

Asset Export needs more options to automate and/or use variables. Designers often need to export large groups of files (e.g. variations of a logo in multiple colours and sizes, with/without a claim or other element) which then have to be tediously and manually renamed and sorted to reflect things like size, color.
    It would be great if there were more option to automate the output by adding variables such as dimensions custom text fields, names of swatches used, etc This could even be an area where the use of AI might be useful to automatically detect the content and create…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export Swatch Bounds in Pattern Maker for easier repeat sharing

• In the Pattern Maker tool, there would be an option to export the swatch via art board or just export in general, within the swatch bounds indicated by the pattern maker tool.

Solves problem of: Having to figure out mathematically how to make a displaced patterned swatch with the correct bounds on a separate art board via a bunch of math.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a "Ctrl +E" to illustrator for quick export

InDesign has a "Ctrl+ E" for quick export instead of going down the menu bar and selecting it. Can illustrator put in a "Ctrl + E" for export. this is a annoyance since I'm exporting to jpg and tif formats all of the time from Illustrator for photoshop image adjustment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a quick keyboard combination to Export as function. I'm needed this a lot.

Please add a quick keyboard combination to Export as function. I'm needed this a lot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Control of SVG <style> class names on Export

Here is a detailed explanation of my issue:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10234155#10234155

Summary: We should be able to assign/control style classes within the ai file that show up in the svg file.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to export all text at once, for translation

Please make a way to export the text for translation and then import again. Like InDesign's IDML files. You have so many users that would like to translate their content for foreign language markets and no good way to do it with InDesign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exportación de recursos - Translated Asset Export

La herramienta de exportación de recursos me parece genial y muy práctica pero los archivos pierden calidad.
    Genero diferentes dibujos dentro de un mismo archivo para imprimir camisetas y esa opción para nombrar los archivos y exportarlos es muy rápida.
    La realidad es que pierden mucha calidad y tengo que acabar generando mesas de trabajo diferentes y exportandolos de forma tradicional.
    Creo que si mejoraran ese aspecto sería ya la herramienta perfecta.
    gracias

TRANSLATED

The asset export tool looks great and very practical but the files lose quality.
    I generate different drawings inside the same file to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Renaming Slices for Easier Export

Since slices allow us to optimize to a set file size, we use sliced artboards at work to quickly create/export jpegs for the Google Display Network and for our sites. We've made the process pretty seamless with solid templates, but the only thing we haven't figured out how to do is rename the slices. The default is FileNameSliceNumber, but that slice number doesn't help us see the dimensions at a glance. If in our template we could rename slice "04" to "728x90" or whatever custom descriptor was necessary, we wouldn't need to manually change the slice name…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export JPG and PNG with with the option of including or excluding bleed

It would be great to have the feature in the export window (in one of the two attached)

The only way to remove the bleed is to remove document bleed temporarily or remove it manually in Photoshop.

We remove bleed before we add the artwork to our catalogues

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make an easier way to export a seamless pattern tile from Illustrator

Please please can you make an easier way to save or export a seamless pattern tile - at the moment it is difficult to extract a tile from a complex pattern to use in Photoshop etc. Many people buy stock vector patterns to use in Photoshop and it would save a lot of time to get them easily from Illustrator to Photoshop.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export for Screens: Option to include file- and artboard-name automatically.

Ok the "Export for Screen" option is kind of nice, however it takes far too long to set everything up....

1. The areas to type in are far too small.
    2. Automation is week a. where can define that all images will get the file name of the original *.AI file. b. why does it keep the old folder location? Set an option to export is where the original *.AI-file is located. c. Where are some presets? Wouldn't it be awesome to have some user-defined presets? It would be.
    3. The images are to small
    4. There are to many clicks, like when…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show image output dimensions before exporting

Under File > Export > Export for Screens and > Export As, it would be great to be able to know what the output dimensions will be when selecting 150dpi, 300dpi or a custom resolution.

Often I will need to export images from various source to specific JPEG or PNG dimensions. This will save the step of exporting, checking the dimensions of the output file, then adjusting the output resolution or resizing in Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export quality for EMF or WMF

When exporting to emf or wmf formats to get editable vectors into PowerPoint the details in curves or small marks get all messed up. For example the details of a registered trade mark on a logo will be distorted or the curve of a letter o will become choppy. This is a huge issue for us and I'm hoping quality settings like the options provided for exporting and svg would fix the issue.

Thank You

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. An option to include details in file name on export automatically

Wish to export file as per artboard size/color/... (option to provide file details in file name)
    E. g: if artboard size is 1x1 inch and 3x4, once we exporting the file to somewhere, the file name becomes "filename1x1 inch01", "filename3x4 inch02",
    This is very easy for people who working with multiple artboard in a single file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wrong exported image size (extra pixel added) if artboard coordinates are non-integer

AI 21.1.0 macOS.

In attached AI file there are 1 artboard if you just export it for Screens you will get an image size 105px × 104px, however in AI it's sized as 104x104px.
    Check that X coordinate of artboard is 172.34 px, so it's float. Just change it to 172px and re-publish and image will be 104x104.

So, coordinates of artboard should affect into output png image.

ALso, should be related too:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20530969-export-for-screens-adds-extra-pixels-at-to-exports

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is probably happening because the artboard dimensions are not appropriate for raster export (i.e. are in decimals).
    If you make x and y values as the whole numbers in the transform panel (not in decimal), then the extra pixels will not be added to the exported image.

That is the workaround, and it’s reported that it’s not always the case.

At the same time — Ai knows the size of artboards to be exported and yet it does not deliver the set sizes, which is not fair. The team is going to rethink the algorithm.

16. Allow to export without antialiasing on Large Canvas Size

Please allow for anti aliasing: none on large canvas size. I need a large canvas for my project but I also need to be able to export pixel perfect PNGs. More info here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/large-canvas-size-makes-pixel-perfect-art-not-possible/m-p/11698876?page=1#M256965

Oh and in the meantime PLEASE PLEASE publish this limitation in the known issues section on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/large-sized-canvas-troubleshooting.html#sa_src=web-messaging

thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give the ability to export extra Spot colors in .PSD files (also implement the Mixed Inks feature)

I think it's for Adobe to implement the ability to export files in .PSD and have those extra colors in separate channels (maybe in CMYK mode plus the extra spot colors translated to extra color channels).

If it works well with PDF files why not with Photoshop files?

It's a real pain to get a 5 colors file (CMYK + Pantone color) exported to Photoshop. PSD files have all the colors flattened for the exported mode option (RGB, CMYK).

Also, it's time to think very serious about implement the Mixed Inks from Indesign into Illustrator and in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BE ABLE TO DRAG CC LIBRARY ITEMS DIRECTLY TO ASSET EXPORT PANE

I've just finished dragging 24 logo variations to the CC libraries pane and named each individually.

Now I want to export each of these in various formats, but I can't drag directly from the CC Libraries pane to the Asset Export pane.

Instead, I have to rename every single one manually when dragging all 24 into the asset export pane.

What a pane!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export 3D elements with ALL of the faces separated.

Please give us the ability to export 3D elements created in Ai with ALL of the faces separately (bevels, extrusion, front/back), so that they can be colored or textured individually. It would be very valuable and save time to have this in one app, just as is/was in Ps. thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move "Share on Behance" and "Save for Microsoft Office" and add Quick Export

I do a lot of "rapid fire" exporting as I work mostly on card games in Illustrator. So a small change on 50-75+ cards requires me to (File, Export, PNG, Use Art Board, Overwrite, PNG Options, Ok) 50-75 times. Most annoyingly in this process, is when my hand slips and I click on Share on Behance or Save for Microsoft Office when I'm trying to Export. I think these options should be moved to their own category under "File" because I've never exported straight to Behance (I always export then upload separately if at all) and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?