When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic dimension/measuring tool please

A tool to automatically dimension signs would be an advantage to those of us working in the sign industry who create visuals for clients. It would also assist in maintaining accuracy of the artwork created and automatic checking device. This with the removal of the artboard size limitation would create a full working drawing platform for the manufacture of large signs for the retail industry.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

82 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

A couple of questions on this:

1. Would it be okay to have a separate spec creation service much like the upcoming Adobe XD service? On this service, anyone with a link, can select any objects, and view its dimensions (W/H), colors, fonts etc. Or should it be inside Illustrator.

2. Are you only going to create horizontal, and vertical dimensions? Or would you also like to have angular dimensions as well?

Please share more details about your workflow.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

2. Improve Graph / Chart tool

Current graph tool in Illustrator has many limitations that need fixing. Following are some of the problems in Graph tool:

# No value labels
    # Data window that requires you to remove characters such as commas
    # Resetting of chart upon making changes
    # Resizing issues (e.g. with bounding box)
    # Missing basic chart types like *****
    # No support for templates
    # Also the tool doesn't support making new chart types, such as attaching data to any attribute of the artwork.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please share your thoughts on the following:

1. Would it make sense to have a separate desktop app, just to create charts, and bring them inside Illustrator or InDesign? It may not be on cloud.

2. Or would you rather have us work on building it within Illustrator?

Thanks
    Yogesh

3. Calligraphic Brush, Blob Brush appearance anomalies at small brush sizes (1 pt and above)

Illustrator 22.1, though this is extant in all versions I'm familiar with (since at least CS5).

When drawing with a calligraphic brush (and thus also with the blob brush) at small sizes, certain tight curves result in anomalous shapes extending out from the expected area covered by the brush. The screenshot attached is around 15mm across. AI file also attached. Expected result is that the brushed area corresponds to the shape of the calligraphic brush along the whole length of the path.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.
    We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.5 (Build 3). While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use/recommend it for your day to day activity.
    We would appreciate if you can give us the feedback on the correctness of the fix by pressing the Thumbs up button on the UserVoice page.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

4. Increase size of anchor points / handles

# Anchor points and handles are hard to grab.
    # On denser displays the problem is amplified.
    # Hard to grab using stylus.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. Illustrator 88's pen tool worked better than this one

Please, please... does anyone at Adobe actually draw with the current pen tool? This is the main tool in your toolbox and it hasn't had a good flow since Illustrator 10. You should be able to draw and use modifier keys to change to the +, - and ^ with ease. Instead, the cursor flashes and gives you one teensy moment when any of those are available resulting in additional points being placed when you might, for instance, be trying to remove a point. The direction handles get in the way of reaching points. Segments are selected too easily when…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would like to understand more about this request. Please me us know if you can talk to us on a call to demonstrate the issues in detail.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

6. dimension tool like corel draw

Printable Dimension tool like corel draw tool is missing in illustrator. a tool who detect or write the dimensions of shapes

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drag to "bevel" a shape.

I'd like to have a bevel tool.

One for "Below" and one for "On top"
    Shown here is the "Below" version, dragged straight and at a 45º angle.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started to imagine the user experience for this feature. We need your help, we do not want to start coding in haste.Since this feature will mean fundamental changes to way our bounding box and snapping works we need to have the right experience before we attempt to solve the problem.
    We request you to please join our pre-release program so that we can have a discussion around it and finalise the experience before the coding sprint begins.
    Please join our pre-release program please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg . The program is open to all with a valid Adobe id. Needless to say The information discussed within the program is confidential

9. Symmetry tool for adobe illustrator 2018

There is a symmetry tool for adobe photoshop 2018. But if you add the tool also in the illustrator we can make some great vector designs. Because sometimes we need to copy an object from a design and paste it as a mirror of the object. if you kindly add the tool it will be very helpful for the designers......

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Zoom with scroll wheel / Pan with middle click

A lot of softwares have same useful navigation-shortcuts, which illustrator doesn't have;

Zoom = scroll wheel
    pan = middle click

It is confusing, if you want to switch illustrator with other softwares (like autocad or even Photoshop).

It would be useful, If changing default setting is possible.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Knife tool work with smart guides

Knife is a very freehand tool, but you can make straight cuts, if you hold Alt. Cool. But you can't position these cuts precisely! Nor with a smart guides (at least!) or Snap to grid.
    Please improve it!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selection tolerance for selecting handles.

Selection tolerance does not work for handles selection. You need to be very precise to select them. When smart guides are on, it works, but not when they are off.. For my type of work it's better to work without smart guides.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I need an option to disable path segment reshape tool

Please! Let me disable path segment reshape tool, because the anchor tool is totally unusable because of it. It almost impossible to point on a vector, because every time the path segment reshaper gets in the way!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Precision for Wacom in illustrator is absurdly painful! Can't select nodes! This has been a bug for ages!

Improve Wacom support! Using even the latest wacom intuos pro it's impossible to select a node when drawing as it expects you to hit the exact pixel... Who can do that!!!!!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Flow chart connectors

Basic flow chart connectors- making either end of a path object stick to the edge, middle or corner of another object surely isn't that hard programmatically for your coders? Leave it to us to sort out where the paths go if you like but this functionality seems pretty basic (and universally demanded) for the Illustrator user.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands

My kingdom for Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands! These commands could be bound to the [ and ] keys by default since this is how you control brush weight. It would be wonderful if you could set the increment/decrement amounts in Preferences as well!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. UPGRADE Touch Workspace: Add Layers Window, Brush Selection & MORE

It's such a task to be switching from touch workspace to my regular workspace simply to change the layer I'm working on as well as to use a custom brush. I think the touch workspace needs an upgrade! There are many artists (including myself) who love Illustrator and love using active pens to draw.
    There is still a lot more room in the workspace for additional features. I think the size of the tool icons is a bit too big, they can be resized and the features we need can be added! Make it better for us!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Split paths by currently applied dash settings

Hi - I was directed here via adobe and illustrator support teams on twitter.

I'm submitting a suggestion for a function or feature for adobe illustrator in which the user may subdivide a dashed path into individual smaller paths, by the measurement and placement of said dash style. I have seen many different suggestions and workarounds for this over the past few years but none actually execute this specific action. (Setting to .0001 stroke, expanding, then deleting excess points isn't ideal!)

In my current role, and in our office, we design and create physical package design comps. we frequently use…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Polygon center points

Please enable the option to use the geometrically correct centerpoint as the intersection of the edge-normals for odd-edged polygons instead of using the "half the height, half the width"-centerpoint, or at least enable it as an option. Drawing the circumference-circle really is annoying.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add isometric drawing tools

Von Glitchka has an isometric drawing tools course on Lynda.com. I love producing drawings, but by adding one or two tools illustrator you could save alot of time and effort.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base