1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4363 results found

1. AI CC 2015 availability

Not sure where this belongs. I am disappointed Adobe does not make older software available for download. In production environments changing software yearly is not practical. Custom scripts are optimized for a specific version and "upgrading" software is usually of no value since we are not working with any of the "spiffy" new features anyway.

Another reason AI CC 2015 is important to our workflow is how it works with the Adobe EmojiOne font. This font renders ONLY in color on the latest versions of Illustrator. But in AI CC 2015 the font renders in black and white. Why Adobe…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. AI & Indesign saving slow

sbh@mifamed.com
    After recent update ai files & indesign files are still saving very slow. We are working from with Phone data or local network issue. Kindly give us fresh new updates so we can save files fast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. correct measurements

In the attached screen shot you can see that the height of each of these objects, when looking at the blue illustrator guidelines, is measured the same but in reality, as is clearly obvious from the stroke attached to one of them, they are not the same size. One of them is clearly bigger in size due to the stroke. This discrepancy is very and constantly confusing when trying to work in precision measurements. Please could you fix so the stoked object calculates the stroke outer edge as additional width, as that is what it is. Thanks James

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get rid of calligraphic brush size preview that is attached to the cursor.

I absolutely HATE the annoying brush preview that follows the brush cursor around with the calligraphic brushes!!! It is totally distracting and completely unnecessary. I looks like a classic example of fixing something that already works. Could you at least make it so it can be turned off? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Randomize roughen effect

When using the "roughen" tool, it's rare that I want it to be a consistent roughened edge. Assuming that many of us use this tool to introduce controlled chaos to a path, I think a "randomize" toggle (primarily for detail, as it appears size is already random) with parameters for widest gap and shortest gap between points would remove the process of roughening at a high density then painstakingly using the "smooth" tool to create variance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto guides

My workflow would be so much quicker if when you draw a box or shape, you could hit a command that creates auto guides vertically and horizontal centrally to just that box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Properties panel displays useless duplicate options when More Options is clicked

In properties palette, when an object is selected, click on the ... on the right side of the first section AKA More OPTIONS displays the exact same thing that is already in the top section WITH the addition of the Scale corners and strokes, etc. What is the world is that for? Why not just have the OPTIONS to be the scale part and like the NORMAL palettes "More Options" they could be available all the time or collapsed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Button to reveal a Layer on "Layer window"

Is there a possibility to create a right-clic option to "reveal on Layer window" from any object? Sometimes when I receive some .ai files, everything is un-organized and must travel over layers and layers... This option is in After Effects and is very helpful.
    Thanks for reading!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this now with the Locate Object button in the bottom of the Layers panel.

However, this is not an automatic thing. If you wish to have an option for it to be automatic, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/39104935-automatic-locate-object

If you want to be able to assign a hotkey to it without wrapping it into an action, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34798945-add-keyboard-shortcut-for-locate-object-button-in

9. Align to...BUTTON

In a past version of AI, the "align to artboard or selection" was a button rather than a menu. Please bring back the button! I switch between these two options hundreds of times a week and the menu wastes time that adds up.

Thanks so much always!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Crop Tool: Crop Placed Image to Mask Shape

Images (jpg, png or photoshop formats) placed in illustrator (with "link” box checked) and then masked to fit within the document or a special shape often have more image then is needed. This adds to the saved .ai file size. So users need to edit the original in photoshop and crop approx. to the size of the mask in illustrator to trim down the photo and its data size.

The “Crop Image” function will allow users to trim the dimensions of the image, but requires embedding after cropping, which actually adds file size to .ai file.

It would really help…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a virtual laser pointer option in presentation view mode

We are an academic science lab that uses Illustrator to make slides for our data presentations. With the COVID crisis, all of our meetings and conferences became virtual. In presentation mode, the cursor is an arrow pointer, but I think it will be incredibly useful to have the option to make cursor a laser pointer (like in Microsoft powerpoint). Going forward, I think more and more meetings will be held virtually, and having a virtual laser pointer will be very useful in illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new button layout

I have found that the new button layout is not intuitive. I understand from talking with support that this is supposed to help new users. I don't think the extra steps to use certain functions is helpful, especially if you are coming from applications where all the buttons are readily available in the sidebar. Perhaps using a search bar mixed with the old layout style would be helpful. New users could search for their tool, while old users could access the tool they need more quickly. Perhaps also merging the top tool bar style and functionality in photoshop into illustrator.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. invert blending mode

You have Normal, Multiply and Screen but there is no simple invert blending
    transparency mode for layers or objects
    I've seen it in other vector based programs and would love to see it in AI (and PSD)

eg
    When a black ring (set to INVERT) overlaped a solid black circle, the portion of the ring that overlaps would turn white.

eg
    When a Blue Circle overlapped a Yellow Circle the boolean area would turn green.

This was VERY popular years ago in design, both in the 1930s and again in the 1980s in early graphics software, but it seems to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Same Place shortcut key as in After Effects

Why not use the same shortcut key as After Effects for 'placing' images i.e.. Apple or CTRL 'i'. Using the 'Shift' CTRL P is awkward. Photoshop should also have the same shortcut key. Different shortcuts for different Adobe programs slow downs users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Editable path smoothing for pencil and brush paths

I'm proposing smoothing that may be applied or removed after a path has been created with the pencil or brush tool by the user. When a path is being created, the program would capture necessary coordinate information and the path would be represented on screen as drawn, or with a certain amount of smoothing (set prior to drawing in tool panel). If the user wanted more or less smoothing applied after creating the path, the amount could be adjusted by selecting the path and changing the amount applied. If the path would no longer need adjusting, it could be expanded…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add web sockets to ExtendScript AI Engine...

Please add web sockets to extendscript for AI. It's a pain ********** to have to use bridge.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop the "Color" sidebar window from auto opening no matter what.

Stop the "Color" sidebar window from auto opening no matter what. I do not use the "color" tab ever. I know others might, but making it always auto open drives me bananas. Can it be open only if chosen, instead of no matter what?
    Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Action save as pdf preset recording problem

hi

problem is; when you record new action save as pdf and change pdf preset saving format to pdf/x-2008 or any preset not saving recorded action, its saving as only illustrator defaulf pdf preset format. i have allot artwork needs to save as small preset pdf. but not working. please fix the problem. thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base