When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4421 results found

1. Move Blend Mode keyboard shortcuts from the Tools into the Menu Commands section

If you open Keyboard Shortcuts, make sure you have Tools selected, scroll all the way down, you’ll see all 'Blend Mode - [name of the mode]' commands there — empty, ready to be assigned... but. Opt/Alt cant’ be used for these. Because these are in tooools. Which means these can be bound only to naked keys and Shift+keys. Which are all taken, long time ago!

So please move Blend Mode keyboard shortcuts from the Tools section into the Menu Commands section, so we can use all possible modifiers for these, and not only Shift.

Also, why do we even have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sort menus alphabetically when Cmd+Opt+Shift / Ctrl+Alt+Shift, like in InDesign

Illustrator has a lot of things put in menus.
    The sorting order in some (like View or Object) can be unobvious for new users (and surely some older ones as well).

InDesign allows to sort menus temporarily by holding Cmd+Opt+Shift / Ctrl+Alt+Shift while clicking one — make Ai do the same!

An interesting thing is — helpx.adobe.com does not know about it at all. Another sacred technique :/ Terry White figured it out somewhere, but where did he get it from? ...accidentally?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Appearance panel needs a better way to signal 'No selection'

Very often, working on a complex appearance, we accidentaly loose the object selection, and the stack we edit remains unassigned.

The panel then gets 'No selection' in the top row... but if the attributes stack is long, this line can get hidden if you scroll the panel down.
    Then, if you select something else, all your changes get lost.

The workaround now is to be vigilant (ha) and save your appearance as a temp style before you select back the art you wanted to edit appearance for in the first place.
    A better solution would be to make the 'No…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hint all Preferences options, even without (i) icon

Some options in Preferences are mystery for new users, but the team believe only some (just 3!) should have a dedicated (i) icon to display a hover hint.

No.

ALL options should have a hover hint.

How on Earth a user can guess what 'Show/Hide Rulers' does? It feels like it is the same as View > Rulers > Show / Hide Rulers, but no, it’s not! You have to search for it! (just rename this one already)

Or what about enigmatic 'Enable Content Aware Defaults'? What are these? OK, pros know, Puppet Warp, Lorem Ipsum, Freeform Gradient control points.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gradient tool on desktop similar to the iPad version!

Please make the Interactive Gradient Tool work as in the iPad version, where both end nodes behave similarly.
    On the desktop version, when one end is dragged, it moves the whole gradient around.
    On the iPad, both ends can be moved independently.
    It makes the tool counter intuitive!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Intertwine needs a better way to display order operations rather than hiding them in a context menus

It’s not clear we can chose methods other than 'swap order' for cases when a freshly created intertwine zone has several possible solutions. Illustrator draws and edge around the current zone (quite poorly signaled, which is a different topic: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45845602-make-intertwine-edit-mode-telegraphed-better), but then a single left-click just swaps and immediately ends editing the zone.

The fact we can click on the highlighted segment with a right mouse button and choose an order is not very obvious... because — let’s admit it — Illustrator can’t do context menus very well and we are not used to have anything really 'contextual' in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expanding Intertwine creates too many identical copies and doesn’t optimize them

If you expand an intertwine object (with the global Expand: Object command, since it does not have its own specific Expand), the one with a lot of zones, you get a ton of overlapped clipping containers with a reordered copies insides, one per each zone used.

While technically it’s OK, the amount of copies can be just absurd.
    Some copies are identical and differentiate only by the location of their clipping masks. Perhaps Ai should track these copies and clip then not with separate masks, but a single compound path mask, when possible?

The degradation is not so graceful with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need custom made shapes to control Intertwines, drawn with other tools, like we can do with clipping masks

Intertwine, as I see it, is a control structure for dynamically generated clipping masks. The only way we can create zones to control these masks is to use pseudo-tools, activated with the specialized Edit command. This is fine for quick appliances, but is not so great when you need to make a precise work, with snapping, complex shapes and several iterations.

We got a Sax-a-Boom, but now we need a saxophone.

I would like to add any other shapes, created with any other tool Ai offers, as zones, to an existing or a new intertwine — like Live Paint allows.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow to group a single Intertwine object

A way to workaround the bug with the self-expanding Intertwines on effect application (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/45845533) would be to group them and apply an effect to this 'protection container'...

But alas, Ai won’t allow that, and grouping an Intertwine object does nothing.
    I suspect Illustrator treats it as a group, onle a 'magic' one, and normal group restrictions, such as 'Thou shalt not group a single group' are applied to it.

Why then we can’t ungroup an Intertwine... anyway, this one should not be applied, even if you fix the self-expanding.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Highlight selected segments

Ai fails at displaying selected segments.
    Here, in the GIF, both selections look identical — until I move the partially selected art. Only then I notice that the diagonal segment was selected in the left shape.

This is a core and tough problem to solve, but it does not mean it’s OK to have it, because it leads to many errors often enough.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More visual feedback for the Eyedropper

The Eyedropper tool has several cursors (it’s almost impossible to find any explanations about at helpx.adobe.com), displaying different states:
    - a filled pipette for when you click,
    - a pipette with square below to indicate a screen sampling,
    - an additional T to indicate a text below,
    - a reverse filled pipette to indicate apply mode.
    However, some modes are missing.

When you have smart guides disabled (for any reason), you can’t tell which object the tool will pick from, what attribute or will you miss completely by a pixel. The Shift mode is not covered too. So we need…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lock/hide artboard

Artboards may contain different objects from different layers... There is no easy way to lock/hide/select all the layers on specific artboard.
    It will be a nice Idea to lock/hide/select all layers/objects based on the artboard.
    I wish I can do these operation in artboard panel and this feature may lead me to ask why not to Filter Layers by artboard in the Layers panel?!!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow eyedropper to ignore locked layers.

Allowing the eyedropper to optionally ignore the contents of locked layers would be very useful. Having a locked layer with transparency above an active layer and trying to sample a line weight, only to sample the fill or other attributes of a transparent object that you're working "through" is very frustrating.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Alignment options to outside (top, bottom, left, right) of key object

I would really benefit from options to automatically align an object to the outside edge (top/bottom/left/right of its bounding box) of a key object. For example, "Align below" would put the top edge of the bounding box of the repositioned object flush with and below the bottom edge of the bounding box of the key object.

While I can try to achieve the same results by dragging the object around and using smart guides and snapping, that may require a lot of time (and a little luck) when there are several nearby objects that smart guides are being generated from,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. graph type preview checkbox

It would be nice to add a Preview checkbox to the Panel that you get when using Object > Graph > Type… , Object > Graph > Design… , Object > Graph > Colum… and Object > Graph > Marker…
    After 35years this should be possible.
    Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. No ability to add Hex code in Swatch colours

I don't understand why this has not yet been implemented in the 30 years Illustrator is active. What could've taken me 2 minutes to do, took me 10 minutes, and had to go the long way around of opening Colour Options, try to memorise the RGB values, and then go back into Swatch Options, and then add in the values.

Please can you add the Hex Code field in the Swatch Colour options, so that we can just paste the code to get the RGB values? And also let those updated swatches automatically update the gradients that are applied to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pdf Import options

if I choose a page in the graphical window I want to open that page not the first one

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Generate .ico file from Illustrator (AND Photoshop)

I just used https://icoconvert.com/ to convert a 32x32 PNG to ICO.

This is something that, in 2020, Illustrator -- AND Photoshop! -- ought to be able to do natively. I mean, if a WEBSITE can do it....

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. evenly space color swatch while creating new gradient

being able to distribute color swatch inside the gradient window
    eg : i want 32 swatchs on a single gradient bar.
    being ablie to eveny distribute them instead of picking a value on click and drag it ( as it is really teadius or imprecise)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base