Place Tiff with layer comps doesn't retain selected comps on save and reopen
Placing layered Tiffs with Layer Comps into Illustrator doesn't maintain the reference to those layer comps when reopening the file.
1. Make PSD with layer comps and save as layered Tiff.
2. Place layered Tiff into Illustrator with "Show Layer Options" selected.
3. From "Tiff options" dialogue select "Layer Comps <dropdown select layer comp A>"
4. Also, select "When updating link: <dropdown select 'Keep layer visibility overrides'>"
4. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 selecting a different layer comp
5. Save and close file
6. Reopen file. Layer comps on our (multiple) systems revert to all showing the "Last document state" meaning all placed objects have to be relinked and layer comps reselected every single time the file is opened
The expected result is for the selected layer comps to stay as requested.
Mac (fully up to date)
Even if document is not save and reopen
Layer composition choice is not retained when updating a photoshop linked document
If I import a PSD/TIFF with a layer composition and and I update the layer composition in photoshop . Once the linked document is updated in Illustrator the initial composition choice is lost and only the "curent state" of the photoshop document is used in illustrator.
It's clearly a bug . Is there someone from Adobe that can answer this. Compostion from photoshop under Illustrator are clearly unuseable until this is solved
Andy Gregory commented
To note that I have repeated the above steps with a PSD but this produces the identical problem as listed.