Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

221 results found

1. ドロップシャドウのデフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなく4色になっている

発見はMacOS Catalina(10.15.7)ですが、Windows10でも同様でした。
    Illustrator2021(25.2)のドロップシャドウにおいて、デフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなくC93%、M88%、Y89%、K80%になっています。RGBベースのカラー設定がCMYKモードに持ち越されているものと思われますが、印刷において事故の原因となりますので早急に修正願います。

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

2. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

4. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

5. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scaling only appearance (without objects) doesn't work

I want to scale appearance of my art only, without changing scale of art itself. The way I'm trying to do it — is to use Scale tool's dialogue with 'Transform objects' unchecked and 'Scale strokes and effects' checked.
    AI does nothing.
    Strangely, but if I cut and paste this art into new document, AI don't allow to uncheck 'Transform objects' anymore.
    I can work around this, scaling art with effects down, and then enlarge only art, without effects, up to desired size, but this is not very nice way to do it.
    Photoshop does scaling of effects all right.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

Please share the document in which this issue is seen by you.

1) Kindly share a video recording for the issue 

2)Please share your system details - OS, GPU etc.

3)Please upgrade to the latest Illustrator available on Creative Cloud , and check if issue is still happening at your end.

Regards,
    Aishwarya 'G' Gadodia
    Illustrator Team

7. Photoshopフィルターの設定情報がPhotoshopのアンインストールの影響を受ける

テクスチャライザー等のPhotoshop効果系のフィルタープラグインのカスタム設定(例:テクスチャライザーのカスタムテクスチャ設定)がPhotoshopをアンインストールすることにより初期化されてしまう。

macOS11.6.8/Windows10
    ver.23〜(恐らく機能実装時から変わっていない)

ver.26での例(PhotoshopCC2022がインストールしている状態)
    1.ドキュメント上に任意のオブジェクトを作成。
    2.効果→テクスチャ→テクスチャライザー…を選択しユーザーインターフェースを開く。
    3.テクスチャ選択ドロップダウン横からサブメニューにてカスタムテクスチャを選択する。
    4.OKをクリックしカスタムテクスチャを適用する。
    5.カスタムテクスチャ設定情報が保存され、Illustratorを再起動してもカスタムテクスチャは有効のままになる。
    6.PhotoshopCC2022を環境設定もろともアンインストールする。
    7.Illustratorで前述の1〜2の手順にてテクスチャライザーのユーザーインターフェースを開くとテクスチャ選択ドロップダウンからカスタムテクスチャが消えている。

現状
    Photoshopをアンインストールするとテクスチャライザーのユーザーインターフェースからカスタムテクスチャが消える。

期待する挙動
    PhotohopをアンインストールしてもIllustrator上のいかなる設定情報も失われない。

このPhotoshop効果系のフィルターの設定情報はVer.26及びver.27では「~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings(Windowsはユーザーディレクトリ配下のAppData/Roaming/Adobe〜)」フォルダの「Adobe 効果 CS6 Prefs」と「Adobe テクスチャライザー CS6 Prefs」に保存されます。
    このフォルダはPhotoshopの環境設定フォルダの為、Photoshopのインストール・アンインストールに影響を受けます。
    不用意な設定喪失を防ぐ意味においても「Adobe Illustrator <VERSION_NUM> Settings」に保存するように変更するのが理想だと考えます。
    PhotoshopをアンインストールすることでIllustratorに影響を及ぼすのは問題だと思います。

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Duplicate Graphic Styles

Multipage document. Many objects with a specific style, rectangle, 20% gray fill, no line. All assigned graphic style, eg, Box Style. I want to move these objects to a new artboard, so it's select, Copy, Paste In Place, Move specific distance (because I've laid out my art boards precisely). Problem is that I then get Box Style 1, or Box Style 2, and so on.

If I option drag this does not happen. This makes NO SENSE.

Styles are styles. Why would Illustrator be duplicating styles. Makes NO SENSE. Option drag is NOT an efficient way for my workflow. Maybe…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

10. Blend Modes Hotkeys are broken

Illustrator allows users to set custom hotkeys for blend modes, in Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools, right in the very bottom.
    Aside from direct commands for each available blend mode, there are two contextual keys: Next Mode and Previous Mode.

They don’t work as expected. Let’s make a simple test.
    1. Assign Shift+9 (displayed as 'Shift+(' — which is not correct, actually) for Previous and Shift+0 ('Shift+(') for Next blend mode.
    2. Put two colored shapes in a stack, to see what’s happening when you change modes
    3. Open Transparency panel, to see which mode is chosen (for some reason Properties…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

11. Offset path small values results in skewed lines

Offset path small values (in my example it's 0.02 mm) results in skewed lines, compared to original text it's applied to.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

13. Intertwine objects expands when an effect is applied to them

When I want to add, say, a drop shadow to my whole intertwined art, I get it immediately expanded. A warning is displayed, but I’d prefer to keep it live.

I’d put this in user requests, but let’s admit this is a bug, since I never asked for an object to be expanded, and it potentially can stay live — unlike moving one point of a live rectangle, which obviously makes it a non-rectangle anymore.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option for the Transform effect to use visible bounds of a clipping object

Transform effect is one of the most powerful thing Ai has, compared to whole Repeats functionality. It’s versatile, it works with anything (unlike Repeats).

It has some flaws though, and one of them is the fact it always operates on the overall bounds of the objects, even if it is clipped. It can be useful for some cases, but most of the time we treat objects differently.

Check the image attached.
    This combination of effect options applied to a clipped ellipse should produce a result like the green one at thee right... instead, the object is reflected from the right…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copying tables from InDesign and only the text pastes in Illustrator

Hello, I used to be able to copy a table I created in InDesign and copy and paste it into Illustrator with all of the formatting being the same. Now when I go to paste a table, all of the table formatting is missing and it's just a big block of text. Please fix this soon as my company does this on a day-to-day basis for our images. I attached an image of what it looks like when I paste the table in Illustrator.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator team is working on a fix for this issue. Meanwhile you can use the below workaround to paste the table as it was before.

Before you copy the table in InDesign, create a path object along with table and then copy from InDesign and Paste in Illustrator. This forces the PDF route for copy/paste between ID and AI

16. Path effects applied to a compound shape result a doubled stroke on expansion

1. Draw two overlapping shapes
    2. Remove fill and stroke for both of them
    3. Hold Alt and press Unite shape mode button in Pathfinder to create a live compound shape
    4. Apply Offset Path effect (or any other path deforming effect, like Roughen or ZigZag)
    5. Expand appearance of the object Result: two copies of the same stroked object Expected: one copy of the stroke object
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

18. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

19. Drop shadows appear lighter in v28.1

Drop shadows appear lighter in version 28.1 compared to previous versions.

Applying a drop shadow and opening the same file side-by-side in two versions makes this clear. Both shadows have the same settings, files have the same colour settings and profile, and are displayed on the same monitor.

The example images show version 28.1 and 27.9, but the change is evident between 28.0 and 28.1.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A group with no appearance attributes is treated and marked like it has some

1. Create two objects (e.g. rectangles)
    2. Group them
    3. Open Appearance panel
    4. Add a stroke to your group
    5. Remove the stroke (with the Delete Selected Item button)
    6. Open Layers panel and study the appearance 'ring' marker of the group — Illustrator now believes the group has a custom appearance, while there is none!

If you click the Contents in the Appearance panel with the group selected, Illustrator will clearly say 'Group: No Appearance' in the top of the panel.

This 'empty' appearance can be saved as Graphic Style even and applied to another object, giving no actual result, except for the 'solid…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base