Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

343 results found

1. Align to Artboard

All version of Illustrator before CC 2018 the Align to.. command would stick to Align to Artboard unless you clicked on another object to define a Key Object.

This upgrade keeps jumping back to align selections.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are able to reproduce this issue at our end and it is currently under review.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

3. Artboards name disappear after renaming

After renaming an artboard in the panel, it will return to it's default name eg. , Artboard [x], instead of maintaining the new name.

AI version: 22.0.1

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

4. Brush strokes get displaced from their paths in large canvas documents

I found a bug that affects the placement of stroke art in relation to its stroke path. When creating a document that needs a canvas that's larger than 227" it results in paths being offset from their original path without any additional effects. When creating a document that has a 227" canvas the stroke art is correctly aligned to their path.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Changing default units reverts back on relaunch / restart

I can't change the default units. When I change the unit in General from inches to Point. Illustrator reverts it back to the inches again when I restart the illustrator. This is super annoying. Please don't need to upgrade the feature of illustrator just fix the existing ones and give us a bug-free application.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Switching between files doesn't work properly - or at all

See the attached video. I have two files open. The second file I opened does not display. When I click on the file tab I still have the previous file displayed. Regardless of which file is active, I can only edit one. I can't even see the other. They are two completely different projects - they do not look the same. You are only seeing one file in this video, despite which one I select. I have to quite and restart, losing any changes I may have in the one file I cannot see.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Unable to create a new document

I am not able to create a new document

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

9. Unable to retain the last active artboard on switching from another file

This is related to this issue here, though I'm unable to vote or comment on it. So I'm reposting this issue, because it's still annoying.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I ⌘+Tilde (~), on certain documents (the setting seems to be saved to a document), it automatically Fits Artboard to Screen on the last artboard of the document. It is confusing, and annoying, and interrupts workflows where I need to move quickly between artboards. Please fix this.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

10. Move dialogue is broken when Y-axis is flipped

Problem Description:
    Since AI team had Y-axis flipped, users who want to keep it the old way have to manually set flags in prefs file to undo these changes:
    /isRulerIn4thQuad 0
    /isRulerOriginTopLeft 0

It works fine except it breaks setting negative distance in Move dialogue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Change said flags to 1
    2. Relaunch AI
    3. Create and select an object
    4. Press Enter to invoke Move dialogue
    5. Set vertical position to any positive number and apply
    6. Invoke dialogue again
    7. Set same vertical value, but negative (you can also select any other object before that)…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Artboard selection bugs in Illustrator CC 2018

There are a number of bugs related to Illustrator CC 2018 losing artboard selection (no highlight in the artboard list in the artboard panel), and losing sync between actual artboard selection and displayed (highlighted) selection. These include:

When copying an artboard by dragging and dropping it onto the New Artboard icon in the Artboard panel, and then dragging that new artboard to a new position in the artboard list, the selection is displayed on the new artboard in its new location, but in fact, the original artboard is still selected. Double-clicking on the new artboard does NOT move selection to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

12. スタート画面に表示されるプリセットの修正要望

Illustratorのバージョン:25.2.1(macOS ,Bigsur)
    スタート画面のプリセットの修正をお願いします。

・「A4」の単位の表記をmmに修正してほしい
    ・「はがき」のカラー設定をRGBからCMYKにしてほしい

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

13. Moving artboard with locked layers prompt warning

In 24.1, every time I move the artboard with my layers locked, I get the warning: "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboard will not be moved." EVERY TIME!
    There is no "Don't show me this again" option and I am constantly adjusting artboards to fit customer's artwork.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. Cambria text & large text cursor

Looks like this was happening in 2017 as well... when using Cambria font, the cursor is 2 or 3 times as large as it should be when editing text. Makes highlighting & editing multiple rows almost impossible. I'd attach a file but others have shown the same thing already and it's simply a text box with Cambria text and a huge cursor. Text size is 11, height set at 13. In the same document but a text box using BonvenoCF, the cursor is the right height.
    Macbook Pro Mojave 10.14.5
    Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.4

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Crash after moving complex artwork outside the artboard

I'm testing the new release (27.2 on MacOS) before the whole company can safely move to the new environment. I basically can crash the whole software in a few seconds. What I need to do is:

1) I need to open a big file - I've used files 23.5 MB, 43MB, 64.7 MB, 15.1MB (the files have been created in previous versions of Illustrator ).

2) Turn on wire view in Illustrator (command + Y)

3) select with lasso all points that are on the artboard

4) switch to select tool (V)

5) Start to move objects outside of the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

18. Preferences NOT saving

Not an idea - It's a BUG -
    I change my Preference > Units > General to Inches.
    Once I quite and reopen they are Points again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

19. Select artboard behind

With the latest update if I draw an artboard over an existing one I can only select the larger board. It didn't use to be like this. We used to be able to click each artboard name to select it.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

20. Off-center FIT TO SCREEN when copy/pasting object

Hello - I'm about as expert an illustrator user can get - for years I've used FIT ARTBOARD (option-0) as a way to cut/paste pixel perfectly centered artwork. The latest AI version 2017 is off - I realize align to artboard is the intended feature to attain this effect, however that way somewhat stinks because you can't make into a shortkey. Why doesn't (command-0) no longer perfectly center my artboard? (NOTE: the off-centered-ness varies from .1 to .01 inches - so very small -- but significant if you're doing engineering grade designs) -- thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base