Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

83 results found

1. プロパティパネルだけが英語表記になってしまう。

プロパティパネルが英語表記になってしまう。
    プロパティパネル以外は日本語表記のまま。
    環境設定やAdobeCCの設定を確認しても、言語の欄は日本語になっいる。

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Drag to select Text in fields broken with update

In the properties panel we are no longer able to drag to select the text in text fields. Very frustrating. This doesn't seem to be an issue in other text fields throughout the UI, mainly the properties panel.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Maintain width and Height Proportions bug

This has been a bug for at least a version or two: draw a shape, go to transform it in the Properties panel, and even though the "Maintain width and Height Properties" icon indicates "not constrained", adjusting one of the dimensions adjusts the other proportionally. This seems to happen only in a fresh file (perhaps fresh launch of Illustrator), and once I click and unclick the Constrain button once, it doesn't recur in that session.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0gqadn2lezzq7n/Constraint%20bug.mov?dl=0

So in the screen grab above, I draw a box freehand, then in the Properties panel, begin adjusting the height with my arrow keys.…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Transform Panel in Properties – Nudge using arrow keys problem

In investigating my own question from in the user forum (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10238447#) I discovered that there is a disconnect between the Transform panel that is embedded in the properties panel and the Transform panel that you access via the Window dropdown.

The free floating TRANSFORM panel you access from the Window dropdown works just like it always did... when I put my cursor in the X, Y, W or H and click an up or down arrow key it first rounds to the nearest .125" then increases or decreases .125" at a time (assuming the units are set to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cmd/Ctrl + Enter does not work in Properties to constrain a value temporarily

I want to say first of all. Maybe most people don't know this. For example, the Transform Palette has a great feature while holding down the Ctrl key. At least for me.

With Ctrl+Enter in the Transform Palette, I can scale proportionally enlarge/reduce regardless of whether the Constrain Width and Height Proportions button is selected or not.
    This feature (Ctrl+Enter) Properties Panel Does Not Work. When will you make this palette that you are so proud of more useful? For example, I want to add the Layer Palette custom. etc.

The same feature that worked in the old versions of…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Properties panel bug

When you edit word in properties panel and you want to change first few letters in word from normal to bold. It will show you change but when you deselect type tools it will change entire word to bold. But if you go trough type panel everything is fine.

And if you change stroke size in properties panel to 0,5 pt it will apply 5 pt, for 0,25 pt 25 pt and for 0,75pt 75pt stroke.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transform panel W & H not constraining proportions and displaying wrong dimensions

Windows 10 Pro - v. 20H2 - Build 19042.804
    64 bit
    i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
    64GB RAM
    Adobe CC 21 - Illustrator 25.2

Transform Panel:
    When entering a value in the Width, with constrain proportions on, proportions are not constrained in Height. Height will then display some random height not associated with actual dimensions.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rotation resets to 0

If you rotate groups the properties panel always resets the rotation value back to 0 meaning I have to remember the value I used if I want to put it back or if I want other shapes to match the rotation at a later time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can't Edit Text in a Group/Clipping Mask

In 2018 AI CC, after using a group/clipping mask with text on the inside, you can not edit your text when you double click on the clipping group/mask directly. The Properties panel doesn't display the character settings. See my screenshot

So, to get around this, I have to cut the text out, paste on the main layer, edit it and then cut/paste it back inside my group/clipping mask.
    Or, release the entire mask, make my edits then re-group/mask it afterwards. Or I have to open the separate character panel.

As opposed to the way it should. The only way the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Properties panel causing inconsistent tab group behaviour

The new Properties panel has a fixed width. When it's in a tab group with panels that don't have a fixed width (eg. the Layers panel), the tab group exhibits different behaviours depending on whether the tab group is docked or free-floating.

When the tab group is free floating, switching between the tabs causes the panel to change width according to each tab's setting, which is what you would expect. Eg. Go to the Layers tab and make the panel very wide. Switch to the Properties tab and the panel auto-shrinks. Switch back to the Layers panel and the width…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Object size change?

Now, the transformation panel reflects the size of a shape plus the thickness of the outline if there is one.
    For example, a rectangle of 100x100 with an outline (in the middle) of 1 displays a size of 101x101, 102x102 if the outline is external and 100x100 if the outline is internal.
    It's a very confusing change! The previous behavior was much more talkative.
    I understand that this reflects the actual size, including the outline thickness, but this should be an option. I did not see myself 3 decimal digits when I want a rectangle of 100x100! :)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Properties Panel and Transform Panel measurements should be exactly the same not rounded in the Properties Panel

Properties Panel and Transform Panel measurements should be exactly the same not rounded in the Properties Panel.

Properties Panel rounds measurements to .000 decimal places but the transform panel allows .0000 four decimal places. This is inconsistent and is confusing to my team trying to double check our files for accuracy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Wrong behaviour Text Area using resizing via Property panel

Hi,

When changing the size of a Text Area via mouse the text is repositioned within the available space.

But I also regularly change sizes via the property panel in order to get the exact wanted values. But changing the size of the Text Area results in a deformed type (treated as a Point Type). There is now way to reset to the original undeformed font.

The behaviour via the Properties panel should be the same as via the mouse!

see movie: https://feek.d.pr/Iw3MNH/dbeNydLqYe

Using Ai 25.3.1 and MacOs 11.4

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Properties panel and layers not showing in v25.3

Since updating I can't see my properties and layers panel without reducing the panel to the smaller size.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Properties panel auto select field contents

Illustrator v24.0
    Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Since the Properties panel was introduced in Illustrator, it won't allow selecting an item, then click once on a field name, such as W for the width field, and automatically select the contents of the field so you can then just enter a new value or use the arrow keys to change the value.

It works fine in the Control bar and other panels, just not in Properties.
    It works in the Properties panels of InDesign and Photoshop, as well.
    Was hoping it would be fixed in Illustrator 2020, but still not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opacity section in Properties Panel does not inform about blend modes

If there is a blending effect applied in the opacity settings the properties panel does not reflect the blending mode. You have to click on the appearance panel or opacity to see if one is applied. Took me a few minutes to trouble shoot why an element was not visible. It would be nice if buried settings would show up if selected in the properties panel since it was designed to make the interface more simple.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Inconsistent dot/comma stroke pulldown menus

just noticed something strange in the pulldown menu of the new Properties panel. The values for thickness are marked with a dot for decimals, while all the other panels use a comma.

In the picture you can see the pull down showing values with ".xx pt" while the stroke has a thickness of ",xx pt" (obtained through the Strokes panel)

This causes the 0.5pt selection in the Properties menu to make strokes with a 5 pt thickness, and NOT 0.5 pt.
    (When I select the thickness through the regular Strokes panel it says 0,5 pt and ends up with 0,5…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Toolbar missing on right hand side

My toolbar on the right hand side is missing. The drop down window at the top is also not working, it is stuck on Typography. I can't choose Essentials or reset.
    I've got and updated the latest version 24.2.3
    Windows computer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5