1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

494 results found

1. Export to resolutions below 72 DPI

Currently export to raster formats seem to have a 72 DPI minimum. For making thumbnail versions of art, it would be great to be able to export to lower resolutions. It is a drag to have to use Photoshop to do a job that it seems like Illustrator could easily do by itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unless I'm missing something, please export graphics to the exact same dimensions they were designed to be. Do not add arbitary padding.

In all good conscience I feel like I absolutely have to be missing something here. But time and time again, upon exporting some UI graphics from AI, they turn out to be wider and taller than they were designed to be. Is this padding arbitrary? How was it even determined that these pixels would be added to the exported assets? Am I truly missing something?

I mocked something up in XD, but after creating a few UI elements it was apparent that XD is nowhere near up to the task for making full-fledged graphics. No biggie, I was a little…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When exporting png files with 300 ppi, keep the actual size of the canvas

Hello, it would be great if you export a canvas of z. For example, 100x100px can set the ppi resolution to 300 while the exported png is still exactly 100x100px. for the creation of tile sets that would be very good and would save me many hours of work. In addition, the pngs would also have a color profile, which is unfortunately not the case at the moment. Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save Vector Artboards by Clipping Vector Art to the Artboard

I need for vector artboards to be fully clipped to the artboard when saving as PDF and/or any other vector format. I have vector artwork for large format printing that I have cropped into many artboards in the same file. When I save individual artboards as PDF, any lines that extend outside the artboard are still available in the saved PDF file when opened in Illustrator. I need artboards to truly clip the vector artwork or I need another solution to this issue. Clipping masks do not actually clip vector artwork, in Outline Mode, the entire artwork is still there.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export for Screens without bleed option

Export screens without the bleed

I really like the feature called Export screens, but I do not really use it for print jobs, cause I can't export any picture format file without the bleed section of the document, which I use to show the client the stages of the job. Still, I could do the same with Save for web function, but it would be very very useful to export multiple artboards at the same time without the bleed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Packaging doesn't save library items

I use my Adobe Library function to save time in placing common graphics into files. However, I notice when I go to package the file to prepare it for the press, it doesn't collect all of the library items, and then turns into an endless loop where the it keeps prompting me to update items in the library. The only workaround for this currently is to grant more people access to my library, which is not best practice, or to go through every link that's on the cloud and resave it into a links folder manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export for Screens .pdf saves all artboards in file

When Export for Screens is used to export pdfs, it saves ALL artboards for every .pdf, creating very large files. This means I have to export the pdf, then reopen the pdf in Illustrator and manually delete the other artboards and other artwork and resave it so that the pdf only contains the artboard that should be in that file.

This is clearly not the intention of the feature.

It would actually be quicker to just copy and paste it into a new file, as it can take a lot of time if you have a large file with multiple…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Asset export dialog does not have this option to export each file as a separate file it only has option on all artboards in one file, range of artboards or selected artboards in the dialog or the whole of document into one pdf file.
    I am moving this request as a new feature request

8. Show image output dimensions before exporting

Under File > Export > Export for Screens and > Export As, it would be great to be able to know what the output dimensions will be when selecting 150dpi, 300dpi or a custom resolution.

Often I will need to export images from various source to specific JPEG or PNG dimensions. This will save the step of exporting, checking the dimensions of the output file, then adjusting the output resolution or resizing in Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator Reader / Viewer program

I would love to see an Illustrator reader like Acrobat has an editor program and a reader program.

The acrobat reader has the ability to edit text and fill in forms. It would be great to have a similar reader program for Illustrator that could edit text in a design so that a customer who doesn't have illustrator could still edit just the text if the designer wants to give them this option. It should have the ability to change text whilst keeping the text design (with shadows, colours, font type etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Security Settings to be saved as Adobe PDF Preset

Allow Adobe PDF presets to support passwords and security settings. If you select passwords and security settings in the Export Adobe PDF dialog box, and then click Save Preset, the passwords and security settings will be preserved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Converting variable fonts and color fonts when saving

Periodic saving is a natural part of design work. Now when I periodically save I get to watch the 'wait bar' slowly slide by while it converts variable fonts and color fonts to objects. I DON'T even have any of those on my computer.

1. Illustrator 22.0.1
    2. See above
    3. Shouldn't have to wait to convert something that doesn't need converting.
    4. See above.
    5. I don't have a file to upload. It happens on all files.
    17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

12. spreads

It would be very helpful to be able to make a PDF and set it to "spreads" as you can in InDesign. When designing large display graphics that are made up of individual slices being assembled after printing, it makes proofing more difficult when art boards stay separate pages in the resulting PDF.
    Thanks!
    Page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import/Export DXF AAMA/ASTM

In order to be able to work back and forth with Fashion Cad Softwares, it should be useful for Illustrator to handle AAMA or ASTM standard of DXF.
    I guess that Artboards could act as "Blocks" in order to remain the Pattern names and the layer hierarchy of entities (for trace, cut, punch or text)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File synchronization fails for ai files saved with CC 2018

I sync my files across several computers using Unison (an rsync command line tool). Since updating, .ai files will not synchronize. I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and CC 2018 v 22.0.0 on the computers that I am syncing.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. make ai file. A4 RGB layout with one text item. Save.
    2. run Unison.
    3. synchronization fails with message that the ai file does not exist on the other computer because it could not be renamed from the tmp version of the ai file that unison pulls from the other computer.

Not sure if this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Symbols

There should be a way to export symbols as png. svg. jpg. etc. In a similar way as the Asset export. Ideally using the name of the symbol.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1x folder

Right now, even when I'm not exporting any of my artboards as retina, Illustrator INSISTS upon exporting all PNG files inside a new folder called "1x." This is annoying, stupid, and unhelpful. It makes it hard to find when I go looking for the exports, I'm looking for descriptively named .png files, not a completely innocuous folder named "1x" for no reason.

Please stop ******* with exports. Just make it work like it did last version. This is not an improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Switch between pages without a save and close

I edit massive amounts of business cards. They are saved as two page documents. They are easiest to edit in Illustrator and I haven't found a way to switch between pages without saving and closing and reopening. I would like to switch between pages of a document to edit illustrator type artwork within these documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dropbox syncing

When I open/save through the native Illustrator dialogue boxes, files that I have in my dropbox folders begin to download for no reason. I use SmartSync to keep my HD space optimized and this little glitch makes that impossible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export shortcut for PNG, JPEG etc

It would be great to have either a keyboard shortcut for exporting as a PNG, JPEG etc or even a toolbar shortcut.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A back button on the Save & Export windows

Often when saving/exporting a file from illustrator i'll move through the various steps; naming the file, choosing a location, adjusting the settings etc, then just as i go to hit 'ok' on the final window i'll realise i forgot to adjust a setting in an earlier window and so am forced to hit the cancel button and start the saving process again.
    Obviously its not a huge issue but it would save a little time and frustration if you could just click a back button rather than having to start over.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base