When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More blank document presets.

Please make A2, A1 and A0 into blank document presets.

Thanks,
    L

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set grid as percentage

Set grid as percentage so the X and Y can have the same number of divisions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workspace Management

Please can Adobe implement a proper Workspace Manager in Adobe Illustrator that is identical to Adobe InDesign.

Currently if you want to replace a Workspace you have to type the name of the Workspace in so that Illustrator asks you if you want to replace it? In Adobe InDesign you can select the Workspace from the drop down so there is no need to type anything in.

I hope Adobe can make their Workspace Management the same across all their applications.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One click crop the artboard to exact size of artwork.

One click crop the artboard to exact size of artwork.

As common practice I adjust every artboard to the same size as the art. Seems an easy add to one click auto adjust.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right click lock unlock on layer will lock inverse and lock/unlock

Sometimes I have 10-20 layers, half of which are unlocked. i then want to work on just one so i would lick to right click the lock symbol and it isolates that layer, locking all others

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Introducing Responsive Artboards with possibility to drag and arrange the boards

Having a reponsive panel of the artboards which becomes thumbnails and possibilty to drag and arrange the artboards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Divide Area Into X No. of Columns using GUIDE LINES

i want to divide your canvas into x Number equal columns using Guides

by going into the View menu and choose “New Guide layout" check 0guide Line layout.jpg

and when clicking a window opens check guide Line layout.jpg toadjust the number of dividing area

and this feature added as shortcut in the "Art Board icon check Ai Artboard Settings/jpg

Also in the Document Setup window in the area we adjust the Bleed Option

awaiting For Reply
    thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. duplicate artboard

It should be possible to duplicate artworks not only with Alt + Drag but with a button in the artboard options aswell - just replace it with the text that says "Press Alt + Drag Cursor to duplicate artboard" and keep the Hotkey function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dragging layers between documents like Photoshop!

I find it bizarre that you can't drag multiple layers between documents, like in Photoshop. I can only copy and paste in to a new document, which combines everything as one layer, which I then have to go through separating all the objects again. This is such a time sink!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add trim marks back to artboards like in previous versions

Add trim marks back to artboards like in previous versions. As a print shop we use these everyday to quickly and accurately resize artboards so center crop marks and registration marks are not too close to the art when we print films. Not sure why this was even removed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Artboards in 2018 can no longer be rapidly deleted

In past versions of Illustrator, I was able to click on an artboard and continuously delete artboards until I had to ones that I want. Now when I select an artboard and delete it, the selection is deselected. I now have to continuously highight and delete, highlight and delete until I have removed all the artboards I need.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview art board on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the 'Drawing Area' (dark grey area behind art boards)

The 'drawing area' behind artboards limits where you can place items (especially masked items that fall off this area), it limits the number of artboards, and limits how freely and where I can place multiple artboards. It also has no purpose at all as far as I can see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resize all artboards independently and by percentage with preview

Resize all artboards and all artwork on boards at the same time by a percentage (currently feature is artboard only and by pixels only, unless I am missing some checkboxes somewhere?) -- each artboard would be independent. Like the same shape feature when selecting artwork and choosing Transform > Transform Each -- but for artboards. Would love a preview before committing!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to place the origin of the art-board at the centre of the art-board.

I would like the option to place the origin of the art-board at the centre of the art-board, so that objects can be placed at the centre just by setting the position to zero please. This would also make it a lot easier to mirror object to other sides just by making their position negative or positive.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a Collapse All Layers Button

Currently you can collapse (or expand) all sub containers by Alt key clicking on the little arrowheads on the left-hand side of the top level container items. It would be great if we had a button we could click that collapses (or expands) everything.

Bonus points if this could be called by an action or script!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export for screen should allow to export in as many PDF settings as user wants

I'd like to use the "export for screen" to be able to save each artboards as a different PDF file, in more than one PDF settings at the same time. It puzzles me that you can export in one export action 3 artboards to independant PNG files AND in 5 different PNG settings each, making it 15 resulting PNGs, but for PDF, you're stuck with only 1 PDF setting. so if you want 2 different PDF export, you need to repeat the process twice, with each time going to "settings", then browse and select the setting you want, then saving…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to temporarily flip canvas horizontally (mirror view) for design checking

For illustrative purposes, it would be really handy to be able to temporarily flip the canvas horizontally as if in a mirrored reflection.

You would instantly see slight imperfections in a design in this new angle that was not previously noticeable due to one's specific viewpoint.

A lot of graphic programs do this to allow scrutiny from an alternate angle. InDesign and Photoshop do this already of course.

Thank you!

Michael

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base