1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4362 results found

1. Save to older version of EPS or AI

CS6 does not appear to allow the user to save to older versions of EPS or AI. Many vendors and designers are still using older versions, and the inability to save to older versions is creating a lot of problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It should be possible to do so through File > Save As… then select the Format as .ai or .eps, then click Save. In the next dialog select the desired version from CC to Ai3.

2. Use Key Object to allow precise control for in-back and in-front level changes

Allow Key Object to define which object is moved and which object is used to define movement. If I select two objects and then highlight one as a key object, it would be nice to use the same hotkeys for "send to back" and "send to front" and have it only work in relation to the two selected objects, putting the keyed object either directly in front of or behind in the layer order of the other object.

As it is now, the hotkeys either work too much by sending objects all they way to the back or front, or…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export from Libraries

Sometimes clients ask for icons and other assets to be delivered separately. If we could export items from the library or drag directly from the library to the asset export window it would be fantastic!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

5. A sane way to assign a stroke to have a color not in the default palette

If I want to assign a color from a Library to a Stroke, my only option is to make the object's background color the Library color, and then use the Swap Fill and Stroke button.

The Stroke color menu has lots of weird buttons to import colors that I don't care about. Why not replace those buttons with like a Library Colors button, or a Recent Colors button, or heaven forbid a color dropper?

My first impression of Illustrator was that assigning colors to things is harder than in any other program I have used in my entire life. This…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move(select) multiple artboards with just a mouse

I just need to be able to select and move multiple artboards.
    Thats so simple. Currently, I can select only 1, but I have 100 of them already and I want move some groups in my document, to easy re-arrange them. But I have to move one by one. AWKWARD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Text Alignment

The Text font reflects the actual physical font size. We're doing sign, size of the font is very important to us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For Illustrator software to work better with domain environment

We are currently getting a Preferences folder read-only error when Illustrator is opened by any domain user on any of our domain linked computers. Adobe technical support says that Illustrator currently is not tested for and is not approved to work in domain environments. This is preventing many users in our department from using this software.

I am requesting for Adobe Illustrator CC to be better compatible with domain environments.

Please see case# 0189187231 as a reference.

Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. .ait Files not showing.

I dont know if this is the bug reporting area or not. However when i Create a ait file it will not allow me to open the original and it does not show up in the CC Library's when i upload it to CC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. .ait Files not showing.

It would be great if indesign and Illustrator would use the same scripts. I have several in indesign that I desperately need in illustrator. ALSO it would be very great if we could assign Shortcuts to script. As well as adding a scripts Panel like in Indesign.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Asset export" - changing object not updating it in export

Hello,

In this video Export assets for web and app design | it's all like perfect - after changing object color - it's will be updated too in asset export, yes...
    But in real life I want not just change a color, I want to made much more changes, just by adding new polygons path, and so - it's will not update asset at export. Because only what I've selected before and dragged into asset will be updated.

What needs to be done - if I right click on polygons which already "connected" with asset for export - in menu…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Designers are being asked to design for new end user media

Creating ways to take my vector to 3D, for 3D printing, CNC plasma cutting, and new ways that are being asked for designers and artist to file share and work better together. Exporting my work for auto cad, and 3D software, plotters etc and simplify the paths. There is 2D and there is 3D cad. But as an artist I want to be able to take what I have done in Illustrator and evolve my work and output options to and material to the next level. CorelDraw was just a play toy program. But it looks like they have got…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Assets Export - add "Find" option by asset name

I'm looking for just option to filter assets at Asset Panel. It's easy to select some assets, for example I have objects names "ground_xx.png" and I want just export them now, so I can type in filter "ground" and it will be filtered from all other my assets, and yes, better to add option select filtered.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Assets panel multiple selection with just mouse

I want to use mouse and "Ctrl" to select assets I want to export in Asset Export panel. But I can't do that. Mouse works only as per 1 selection. Yes, I can hold "Ctrl" and click on different assets or use Shift to select some, but that not useful for me. Sometimes I want to select big groups of assets located at the beginning and end of the assets list, so I just want to hold "Ctrl" and play with mouse easily and fast by selecting any items.
    ****, it's like you just holding "Ctrl" and selecting folder with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keyboard Bindings

I would appreciate being able to bind the ESC key to any shortcut I want, such as deselect. I use Full Screen with Menu Bar all the time and out of Photoshop habit, hit ESC to deselect. But every time, it boots me from full screen. I hate it.

Can you give us some love?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show slices names

I'm looking for a simple but very useful option for slices:
    "Show slice name"

Currently in setting of Illustrator there are only option:
    "Show slice numbers", - file attached.
    But it's doesn't give me anything actually.
    I've created names for each slice and I need to check these names visually, without need to select each slice and goto it slice settings..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images

Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images! Indesign has this and it's very convenient. Its a no brainer to add it to Illustrator!!!!!!!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done in one of the latest releases.
    Now the button in Control panel (and in Links panel menu) says ‘Edit in Photoshop’. You also can change it back to system defaults in Preferences > File Handling section.

InDesign has more options, that is true, so please comment back if you need a larger list — but please give a solid justification why :)

19. Make Eyedropper tool usable in Color Picker dialog, which can pick colors from everywhere

Can you make the Color Picker have an Eyedropper tool that can select any color on the screen when you double click the swatch? Similar to Photoshop.

Also have the default in any way you reach a color picker be hexadecimal so it is easier to copy and paste the color to other programs, etc. It defaults in this section, but I cannot select any color on the board while this is open.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Menu Customisation/colorisation

As we can do it in PS and ID: menu customisation (colors).
    Would be great.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base