When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved links panel

Improved links panel. List all instances of a linked image under one 'primary' link, append the filename with " (xx instances) ". Use a chevron that points right to indicate that there are multiple instances under the "primary" one shown in the list. Clicking the chevron makes the chevron point down, and displays the list of all instances.

Clicking to select the "main" instance and clicking the re-link button should allow the user to replace all instances of the same image. Allow the user to expand the list downward as described above and select a single, or multiple instances to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Images, Links  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. export for screens - file name as prefix option

Add a checkbox to allow the current file name to be used as the prefix in the export for screens dialogue, similar to the functionality in InDesign.

Currently you need to manually copy/paste the filename into the prefix box.

Also if the prefix box could be made larger that would be great - it only has room for approx. 10 characters at the moment, and naming conventions mean that our filenames are often much longer than that.

Cheers!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Name with Color Value

Like in InDesign it is very easy to automatically name color swatches with their values: Name with Color Value. There's a checkbox in the Swatch Options panel when you double click a swatch. Pleas add this to Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save as PDF with multiple artboards is slow

Just had an long trail/error chat with you. We found the problem and thats why i post it here:

When having a illustator file with 1 image and 4 artboards. (segments of the image). We print & mount the 4 artboards it to make a complete wall vinyl graphics.

When i Save as PDF the export will take lets say 4 minutes. (it very depends on what image is used) but when i merge all artboards to 1 artboard it saves in 1 minute. So it means that per artboard the export time is multipled by number of artboards.

Sometimes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. icon hit info loked on layer

adding a locked icon on the layer with the layer number on hover, you would make an unlock this link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Images, Links  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to convert Freeform Mesh to Gradient Mesh

The ability to convert a freeform mesh to a gradient mesh is sorely needed. I love creating a gradient with Freefrom Mesh, it's a lot more user friendly but it is a lot more heave on the system, especially when you start having multiple objects. The ability to convert a Freeform Mesh to a Gradient Mesh should be a standard feature. Analysing the colours as it does from an image but creating a more contoured mesh as it does by default with a vector.

Gradient mesh is less heavy on the system and more universally accessible say for exporting as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bounding Box Pivot Point control and rotation improvement

It would be great to be able to change the pivot point of objects while using the bounding box.
    Also if you can rotate not only if you're close to the corners but by holding anywhere outside the shape.
    These features already exist in Photoshop. I find it veeeery clunky to have to move between select, scale, rotate tools for simple operations that can be consolidated together into one, freeing so many hotkeys for more useful stuff.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 「別名で保存」時にファイル名が選択された状態にしてください

macOS Monterey(12.0.1) / Illustlator 2022, Photoshop 2022
    にアップグレードしたところ「別名で保存」時にファイル名が選択された状態になっていないので都度カーソルでファイル名を選択しなければならなくなりました。
    以前のバージョンのように選択された状態ですぐ入力できるよう修正にしてほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eyedropper to to show ink percentages in elements.

A tool that if you click on an element in the file will show you the percentage of spot or process color being used in that spot. Make it live so you can move around easily and not pick up the art. Similar to the info panel in photoshop. We use a program called PackZ that does this. A screenshot of the use of the eyedropper is attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Radial Repeat needed updates!

1. Oval Radial Repeat
      It would be very useful to be able to adjust the radial repeat to an oval radial repeat. Just like how you can change a radial gradient from a circular shape to an oval shape. Opens for lots of more possibilities and will be a huge time saver. Doing this manually is hard.

2. Control rotation/angle
      It would be very useful if we can get inputs to adjust angle/rotation and option to shift lock rotation changes to 45 degrees.

See these posts:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/43866528-radial-repeat-rotation-angle-value-in-options-pane

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42444832-radial-repeat-shift-angle-constraint

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Repeats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert gradient properly on SVG instead of rasterizing when saving file as SVG Tiny 1.2

Currently, when you try to save an SVG containing gradients with SVG 1.2 Tiny profile, Illustrator rasterizes the gradient and embeds the rasterized image instead of properly converting it as a pure vector information. This reduces the qualify of the saved image a lot and it's no longer scalable with even further quality reduction.

SVG 1.2 Tiny specification supports gradients and so it would be really helpful if Illustrator kept the vector information from gradient. This is also necessary for BIMI logos (https://bimigroup.org/) as it doesn't support images/links in the SVG.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have an option to add your OWN sizes to the New Document Window

Add an option to the "Saved" tab on the "New Document Window" to add your own Template/Documents. i.e I want to add a blank template for A5 size and always have it handy when I create a New Document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have the possibility to know how many time I have been spent on a project

It would be perfect if I could know how many time I have been spent on a project due to I have to count the hour of a work and I didn't use the toggle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save frequent missing fonts selection for future files

I would love to be able to save or automatically apply missing font replacements.

Scenario: Adobe is dropping support for Type 1 fonts. Thousands of my Illustrator files contain a Type 1 font family. To head things off, I was able to obtain the required newer font format for the font family, but it is now seen as a new font by Illustrator (fair enough). But, now when I open up each file I have to painstakingly replace the old fonts with the new ones. Again, this applies to thousands of files and massively slows my process down.

The feature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pathfinder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Document unit preferences saved within AI file (type, dimensions, outline).

When working simulteaneously on artworks for web & print - you have to switch now units each time switching documents.
    Often when preparing artwork for different outputs/purposes.
    Usually/often (always?) unit preferences are DOCUMENT SPECIFIC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back "Object lasso tool".

Was present in earlier AIs. Helpful for non-marque selecting. Increases efficiency

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scissors tool should be aware of stroke width profiles and brush tool data.

At present, if you use the Scissors tool on a path with a width profile, the resulting paths will both inherit the entire width profile. This always feels wrong; I would much prefer that the resulting paths had new width profiles that match the original look of the path.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Would it be possible to have the find font panel be in alphabetical order, like Indesign is?

alphabetical order of fonts in the find font list, would make comparing the fonts used to an outside folder of fonts much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 218 219
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base