When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. alt click or click to create artboard and open artboard dimensions

Alt Click in artboard work space to set location AND open an artboard dimensions dialog box. At present we have to draw an artboard and then go edit the dimensions. Currently its 2 clicks and a couple of drags, instead of just one click with the proposal above.

Also most other tools have "Alt Click" features enabled, think "square" "rotate" "scale". etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export .BMP on various artboards.

When will it be possible to export more than one image of the same artwork on different artboards in the .bmp?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to choose order of controls in Control panel

Control panel is still superior to Properties panel.
    One of its benefits is that we can choose which controls we want to see there (in a limited, but still tweakable way).
    But what is missing is a way to set order of these controls, which leads to pleas like this one: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/40143700-transform-options-with-clickable-arrows-all-the-ti#comments
    (if you don't want to go to the link, it says basically 'Why my Transform controls are minimized? Give them back', because Align and Distribute control go before transform in the list of available controls.)
    We can untick positions we rarely uses, but I'd like to control the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add web sockets to ExtendScript AI Engine...

Please add web sockets to extendscript for AI. It's a pain ********** to have to use bridge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export for screens - settings save into AI file

Please make Export for screens settings save together with AI file.. Separate settings for each file.. not just the last used.
    It's nice feature, but every time you change project or other clients work, you need to change location, select different artboards, change prefix back and forward..
    Please make those settings saved with file.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark (or custom) path preview

If you work on black canvases and switch quickly between canvas and path preview, your eyes are being tortured by the rapid black/white contrast. I would love to see either inverted path previews (white paths on black) or maybe even the option to customize the color/contrast of your path preview to make it more convenient and less painful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export or save as SVG

Please improve dramatically the save as or export option to SVG file!
    As many people have already requested, please simplify the code.
    But my request deals with SVG export with indic languages: IT JUST SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, even if all corresponding options (Parameters / Text / Indic and Asian line by line composer) have been selected in Illustrator!!!
    I attach two screen shots: the first one is Illustrator screen, the second the SVG result. You will see that the devanagari text is completely different.
    For your information, I have already mentionned that problem on or two years…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Repeat grid option

I believe that in Adobe's software like Adobe xd, we can also have a Repeat Grid option which will work fast as the brochure and all other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Illustrator quitting 'unexpectedly' 10 times a day.

Illustrator is only getting more buggy. Will start looking for other programs soon. Fix what you have, quit adding more problems. I want to be a graphic designer, not a software technician. Unexpectedly quits. Unexpectedly quits. Unexpectedly quits. Then I have to do your work to troubleshoot. What am I paying for? A buggy program that quits all the time and then I have to spend valuable time solving your problem. Seems to me with it quitting all the time, I shouldn't have to pay such a high premium for unreliable performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatic Workspace Backup

Why we need to save the file of our workspaces when adobe is a cloud system?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Make a way to Undo Effects

It would help a lot if there was a way to reverse effects without using the undo button. I find myself many times regretting an effect I used and not being able to undo it because I saved and closed the file already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Idea

Dear Adobe team, I just thought of a potentially awesome business idea, Adobe Instructor or Tutor program, where experts in various Adobe programs are hired to help users learn how to use Adobes programs of their choice! It can be a one-on-one experience that can benefit students or any other users wanting to improve their skills. What are your thoughts?
    Sincerely,

An expectantly curious user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop the "Color" sidebar window from auto opening no matter what.

Stop the "Color" sidebar window from auto opening no matter what. I do not use the "color" tab ever. I know others might, but making it always auto open drives me bananas. Can it be open only if chosen, instead of no matter what?
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transform options with clickable arrows all the time

Is there a way to always have the transform options like this (see "Transform with arrows.png" attachment) with clickable up and down arrows? The feature disappears unless you are grouping one or more objects (see "Transform no arrows.png" attachment).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Asset Export - Make Collection of File Settings

When using the Asset Export feature – it would be nice to have collections of different formats and sizing. For a number of projects there are repeatable file formats that are needed.

Allow the user to define these collections (not unlike creating and setting workspaces).

One might need a collection that has only SVG and PDF, another collection could only be PNG (1x, 2x and 4x). And yet another might need SVG, JPG and PNG, there are so many different ways to work and exports that people need.

It would be nice to repeat the Asset Export groupings as a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drop new artboard where you want it

In previous versions of AI, you could choose where you wanted to drop a new artboard. Now it just dumps it in the middle of the screen. This is problematic because when you go to drag it to a new location, it often grabs items from existing artboards and drags them along with it. I have no idea why you changed this feature, but it is a daily frustration. And judging from the forums, I'm not the only one that hates it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Saved views - in a panel or the control bar ?

What about having SAVED VIEWS in either a
    panel / control bar / separate panel

or even add them to the underused navigator panel ?

Edit : or expand something similar in the Artboard panel ?

I see this feature underused because of lack of usability, me seems.

artboard #view #custom

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text moves when adjusting an applied Text Effect...

When you apply Arc (or any other text effect) to text, then adjust the percentage of Arc, the text moves up. You have to reposition the text to where it was... Inconvenient when you're trying to warp the text around an existing object. Would be ideal if the text would stay in place when the effect is adjusted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Perspective mode for Free Distort effect

Free Distort effects, being a bit outdated with it's detached preview window, comes out Super Tool with Stylism plugin installed. But it could do so much better if there would be a tick, that turns distortion into a perspective one, as the tool with the same name allows to do. That would allow us to distort stuff live in perspective (and omit using overcomplicated Perspective Grid for small tasks).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base