Playing scripts via action with no open documents
Running scripts via an action only appears to work if there is at least one open document.
1. Create a simple script (such as app.documents.add)
2. Save to Illustrator scripts folder.
3. Record to action via 'Insert Menu Item'
4. Make sure no documents are open
5. Play action. Illustrator displays the message 'The object <ScriptName> is not currently available.'
If you run the script via File > Scripts, it runs normally. I don't think this should be expected behaviour; if the menu command runs the script, the action should too, regardless of whether or not there is an already open document.
Agreed here as well. Please fix this so that scripts that do not use the document object can be ran from actions pallete with no open documents.
Logan Smith commented
I need this as well. It's a hassle to have to open another doc before running my actions containing scripts that open my templates & do things to them.