secondary view moves when editing text
OSX 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1.
When I have two windows open on the same document and start editing text, the inactive window will recenter its view on wherever my text cursor is.
- Open a new document
- Draw something off on the side of it
- Zoom in on this thing
- view>new window
- arrange both windows so you can see them at once
- recenter the new window far away from the thing you drew in step 2
- in the window that's not showing the thing you drew in step 2 make a new text box, or create a new point type object
- start typing stuff
- observe that the inactive window has changed its view to center on the text
This drives me crazy when I have pasted the script for a page of comics into the side of one document, and am trying to rework it into a series of word balloons scattered about the page.