Unable to change language
Windows 10, CC2020.
I am unable to change the Installation language of Illustrator. No matter what I do it always installs itself as English (International). I am trying to change it to Norwegian to record a tutorial. This often happens, but with CC apps it is **** to efficiently try to change app languages. Fiddling with obscure settings files, renaming folders, reinstalling applications, or sometimes being forced to reinstall every single CC app and do a complete cleaning of the system.
IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE LANGUAGE DROP-DOWN IN PREFERENCES. /rant
What I have attempted:
- I created a new Windows User Account.
- Change OS language to Norwegian. This seems to change the language of the CC desktop app.
- Uninstall Illustrator, and remove preferences. Verify that application folder is gone.
- Uninstall the CC dekstop app.
- Reinstall the CC dekstop app.
- In the CC desktop app, set the default app language to Norwegian.
- Reinstall Ai.
Result: Illustrator installs with english language, not norwegian.
I tried uninstalling the dekstop app and Ai both normally, and using the CC cleaner app.
I notice the in the CC desktop app that the description of the app is in english, but for some other apps it's in Norwegian. There must be a hidden setting/file somewhere locking it to English. Where can I find this and delete the **** thing? I have now spent two hours trying to change my language. This should not happen.