General Bugs in Graph Tool
Computer: Dell, Intel i7, 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
Illustrator Version: CC 2019, german
The Graph tool needs many bugfixes.
1. when trying to enlarge the data window or some of the columns in it, sometimes the cursor switches so that you see you can now pull the line between two colums and enlargen the column. Sometimes it doesn't (see jpg).
2. When trying to insert a line break in one of the text lines in a chart (by inserting the vertical line glyph by copy&paste), german Umlauts are changed into strange glyps (see jpg)
3. When changing some data (numbers, words etc.) in an existing graph that uses grafic styles (for lines, bars etc.), some items lose the grafic style and turn back to black or to invisible (see jpg). Some of the items or values (like 0-10-20-30% for example) change position and "jump" to other lower or higher positions, some keep their position. (see jpg)
4. when changing the size of a chart with formatted text, the text has to be re-formatted after resizing the chart which is logical, but nonetheless uncomfortable to work with.
5. Last but not least (well, not really a bug, but..) why is there no possibility to integrate the data-values into the charts? (Without working with graph designs - which is far too complicated and uncomfortable, I think) . For example, you have two columns, one with 25% , one with 50%. Why can't you just integrate the written value "25%" in the graph? (jpg)