Scatter Brush - Can't modify settings after initial setup
I'm running Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.0.0 on Windows 10.0
There seems to be a bug with the Scatter Brush tool, which I've encountered in the past few releases.
The "OK" button in the Scatter Brush Settings dialog doesn't seem to work; clicking it doesn't update the brush to your new settings. Instead, the dialog remains open as if the OK button was disabled (or the click wasn't registered). The same thing happens when there are no changes made to the options in the dialog...it simply won't register the OK button. Only the Cancel button closes this dialog (and no changes get applied, of course).
1) Create new Scatter Brush with customized settings (all options set to "Random" with varying parameters)
2) Click OK. Dialog closes and new Scatter Brush is created with settings per #1.
3) Open the Scatter Brush Settings dialog for the brush we just created.
4) Change parameters.
5) Click OK. The button flashes as though it were clicked, however the dialog box remains on screen. Click again and same thing. Tab over to the OK button using the keyboard and press the "Enter" key on keyboard. Same result, dialog box remains open.
6) Only the "Cancel" button (or "Escape" key) will close this dialog. The updated settings don't get applied and the Scatter Brush remains the same as before the whole ordeal.
Hope this helps...thank you!
I am experiencing this same problem with the 2021 version.
I'm having exactly the same issue. Any solution?