Round Corners prevent a narrow bar from transforming
Please open the file attached.
Make sure that you have Bounding Box on, and Scale Corners off.
- Select any one of the green bars.
- Try to make it shorter or longer, using bounding box (that is grab the center marker on the a short side) — works fine.
- Select the dark red long bar.
- Try to transform in the same manner — and fail. The bar gets only longer, and can't be made shorter (or shorter back).
- Make the red bar slightly wider or select the orange bar, it is a wider copy of the red one.
- Try to make it shorter. You succeed at first.. But then it bumps into something and refuse to become any shorter.
- Make it as short as possible, release the mouse and try to make it shorter again — and get the same behavior as in step 6!
Now enable scale corners and try to shorten bars again — now it works fine
(but corners get smaller, which is not what is wanted in the first place).