SVG Export Settings not applied
Operating System: macOS Monterey v12.1
Illustrator version: 26.1
1. Open .ai file or .svg file in Illustrator that uses a gradient
2. Export as SVG with the following settings (see attached screenshot):
- Styling: Presentation attributes
- Font: SVG
- Images: Preserve
- Object IDs: Unique
- Decimal 2
- Minify: yes
- Responsive: yes
- The SVG elements use the "fill", "stroke", etc attributes directly
- No <style> tag
- No inline style attributes in the SVG elements
- Object IDs are random strings (uuid)
- SVG shouldn't have the <?xml starting tag
- Object IDs are not random, it' using "a, b, c, d, ..." as the IDs - similar pattern to what Object IDs = Minimal would look like
- There is no styling applied at all
- When opening the file in Chrome, the styling is lost and most elements appear black
This is an issue because it conflicts with other elements on the web page that the SVG will be displayed on
I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.4.1 which is available worldwide now.
You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html
Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!
Brad E. commented
Isaac Englart commented
Same issue for me.
These look to be related or same issue:
Alejandro Martínez de Andrés commented
Downgrading to version 26.0.3 worked for me.