Fill/Stroke automatically snaps back to previous setting
Whenever I make a change to fill or stroke (color or on/off) it automatically reverts to the previous setting as soon as you click back to the artboard. (ie: select shape, turn stroke off, stroke turns back on, hit cmd+z to undo the stroke turning back on. This has been happening over multiple versions.
video of the behavior
Steps from the GIF attached:
1. Create a document in any color mode
2. Draw and keep selected an object with a fill or a stroke
3. Hold Shift and click the square chip in Appearance or in Control to access Color Mixer variant of the sub-panel (in Properties you can just switch to Color Mixer mode)
4. Choose HSB from the pseudo-panel’s menu
5. Close the pseudo-panel (just click the canvas)
6. Repeat the step 3 — open the color mixer again
7. Choose None
8. Close the
Result: the fill/stroke gets reset to the state is had before applying None
Expected result: of course it should stay None once applied.
This is a narrow glitch, but it’s quite an ordinary thing for Illustrator. Small caveats here and there... Ai is like a vintage car which needs a proper repair under the hood. And it’s not like it gets enough polishing too.