Crash after moving complex artwork outside the artboard
I'm testing the new release (27.2 on MacOS) before the whole company can safely move to the new environment. I basically can crash the whole software in a few seconds. What I need to do is:
1) I need to open a big file - I've used files 23.5 MB, 43MB, 64.7 MB, 15.1MB (the files have been created in previous versions of Illustrator ).
2) Turn on wire view in Illustrator (command + Y)
3) select with lasso all points that are on the artboard
4) switch to select tool (V)
5) Start to move objects outside of the artboard. Within 1 to 10 moves Illustrator crashes.
I'm going to test the same files on PC with Windows on both Illustrator 27.2 and 25 and I will share my observations with you
PS I'm not using a Wacom tablet, I'm not using any tablet
Susan Draper commented
All the versions of 27 that I tried crashed when moving items at all - whether on or off of the art board. I tried to hold out for an update to address this issue, but never saw one. I gave up and went back to the prior version (2022, 26.5.2)