Registration point and boundaries of a certain symbol jump when a document is opened
- Open the attached document (and review the steps from the GIF)
- Notice the second symbol's boundaries are giant (although the registration point is displayed within the artboard), and the Symbols panel seemingly shows nothing in its thumb
- Double click the second symbol to edit it
- The symbol opens and jumps into the middle of its giant boundaries, and the registration point moves as well
- Exit the mode
- The symbol is now displayed in its intended place, has normal boundaries, has the registration point in the same place, has a normal thumb...
- ...but if you make other changes in a doc, save and reopen it — you’d get the the same exact problem as before.
The appearance of the document is broken, and exporting it give wrong results. This is a very dangerous problem and leads to errors and money loss.
AdminEgor Chistyakov (Admin, Adobe Illustrator) shared this idea