When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4339 results found

1. Change shortcut for paste in place/paste on all artboards to match Indesign

I'm in a workflow where I work simultaneously with Illustrator and Indesign, linking illustrator files to indesign (they could probably be integrated more!).

However, it is probably my most irritated moments when I realize I have used cmd-alt-shift-V (shortcut to paste in place in Indesign) instead of cmd-shift-V. If you work on one artboard, it looks the same, and you don't realize your mistake until you go to another artboard and see that the pasted thing has been pasted on all artboards. And you've worked far enough to not having the possibility to undo...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. (Prepress Features 1) Automatic Traping

I know illustrator has a trap option under the path finder window, but it is very basic and I am pretty sure that so many people even doesn’t know it exists.
    For us that work in prepress industry a very good, complete and editable trapping options will be great and valuable, think on that, please.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Select Same / Larger / Smaller Size

The Select Same Color, Appearance, Opacity is quite helpful. Add a new option for Size. The area size of the current selected element would be calculated and then used to find other similar objects within the document that meet that same area size.

A tolerance up or down or range could be provided as well. It would also be helpful to offer a setting for "Select Anything this size and smaller/larger".

This kind of feature would be very helpful when attempting to clean up an illustration generated from a live traced sketch.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to create an action for Recolor

It would be nice to be able to create a set preset to limit a certain library for recoloring and then be able to create an action for that present library.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. select same by stroke weight/stroke color within a graph (CC2018)

In CC2017 with a direct selection arrow, you could select by stroke weight or color, within a graph. After the CC2018 update you can no longer use the Select by options within a graph. Please bring back that feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create design oriented PDF forms

It would be very helpful to have an option of creating PDF forms in Illustrator.
    Creating forms in Acrobat PRO is very clunky for anyone who needs more design oriented features. It would allow graphic designers to create editable PDF templates for products such as cards, invitations etc. Such templates are in a high demand, people want to purchase files that can be edited with ease and there are no good options for creating them.

Such feature would also be very helpful in InDesign for catalogs, brochures, anything with multiple pages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select objects to then apply auto selection criteria

Once objects are selected apply the auto select criteria such as "same fill color" or "same outline". If this is possible, I can't figure out how to do it. I can only choose to select all of the items of a single color, because I have items already selected. Also, it would be great for quotes to be able to get a quick total of the number of items selected. Is this information listed somewhere on screen that I've never noticed?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to precisely control the center of a radial gradient, its hilite angle/length

Add more options to the Gradient tool, especially the radial gradient option. The ability to move the center of the radial gradient would be very useful for cartographers making maps and having the ability to show spheres (3-D circular objects) with a source of light northwest (or any other angle) of the circular object. The attached file should better explain the desired outcome. Your competitors (CorelDraw and Canvas) have had that feature for years, yet Illustrator is more often used for making maps than the other software packages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Kazimierz,

You can modify the center of the radial gradient. Just choose the Gradient tool (G) with the objects selected (and gradient applied). Drag it across the shape. The start point comes the center of the gradient.

Does that work for you?

-Yogesh

10. New Document dialog should not be so slow to appear or react to input

Creating a new doc via the keyboard is so slow that several other commands can unwittingly be executed before the dialog/settings panel appears. The fact that this clunky panel was introduced relatively recently as a "feature" is even more irritating.

Alternately provide an option to create a new document from default or current settings so that I can adjust it later when I need to.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remember Artboard zoom level

Since the artboard changes in the latest release there is an annoying behaviour when I toggle from one document to another. If I'm at a certain zoom level on one document then I go to another document for whatever the reason, when I return to the previous document I'm automatically zoomed all the way into the last artboard on the list. This is a new behaviour and not very desireable for me. Please have zoom levels remembered when I go from one document tab to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 improvements for general non-print UI

Would it be possible to enable global pixel snapping-possibly assigned to a modifier key combination when moving things directly(not via a dialog)? Could you have rounded corners as a parametric property when unexpanded, with separate W & H values, (expressed as PX and % if it doesn't dilute the general paradigm)? When transforming (particularly SCALE), could the bounding midpoints be shown, maybe in a different colour, if their position on their respective axes is outside of the viewport, to enable grabbing/moving them? So you dont have to zoom out and lose accuracy? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Resurrect Macromedia Freehand

Or at least study its superior usability and intuitiveness and adopt these features in Illustrator.

Or, at the VERY least, build in the ability to open old Freehand files in Illustrator.

Thanks,
    Pete

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Randomizer

We've all come across a time when we needed to repeat an element, but it needs to be transformed slightly different in each instance, whether that be position, rotation, reflection, scale or shearing. So, I propose a randomizing tool/function that you could use to make that happen. First you draw the elements you wanted to be randomly affected, then draw a shape to enclose them all. Select "Randomize" and they become something like a group.. You select one, and they're all selected. You could transform one, and the amount that you transformed it would be the limit any of them…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support layers in patterns

I want to be able to make patterns in layers. So if I use layers when I make a pattern, then I get a pattern that is editable in layers. It would save much time if you want to make variations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Select non-default eGPU for hardware acceleration

We use external GPUs as provided to us by Apple in the External Graphics Development Kit and want to use these eGPUs instead of default GPUs built into the MacBooks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

17. 'Expand' generates excess groups, clipping groups, compound paths and other unwanted vector garbage. Keep it simple!

Try expanding a brush or a 3D shape and take a look at the large pile of unwanted groups, compound paths and clipping masks Illustrator has generated for you. It just adds complexity to the file and makes the object appearance tricky to work with. See example ai file attached.
    If you have Astute Graphic’s Vector First Aid plugin you can remove all that stuff and see just how simple and usable your vectors can be (I recommend it), Wouldn’t it be better if Illustrator didn’t generate junk in the first place?
    Please make sure Illustrator only generates the barest…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to have a densitometer

Similar to Indesign, to read the tints with the numbers in the separations palette. Currently when building we need to pop it into Indesign to take a reading, especially if there is transparency.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base