We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to precisely control the center of a radial gradient, its hilite angle/length

Add more options to the Gradient tool, especially the radial gradient option. The ability to move the center of the radial gradient would be very useful for cartographers making maps and having the ability to show spheres (3-D circular objects) with a source of light northwest (or any other angle) of the circular object. The attached file should better explain the desired outcome. Your competitors (CorelDraw and Canvas) have had that feature for years, yet Illustrator is more often used for making maps than the other software packages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Kazimierz,

You can modify the center of the radial gradient. Just choose the Gradient tool (G) with the objects selected (and gradient applied). Drag it across the shape. The start point comes the center of the gradient.

Does that work for you?

-Yogesh

3. New Document dialog should not be so slow to appear or react to input

Creating a new doc via the keyboard is so slow that several other commands can unwittingly be executed before the dialog/settings panel appears. The fact that this clunky panel was introduced relatively recently as a "feature" is even more irritating.

Alternately provide an option to create a new document from default or current settings so that I can adjust it later when I need to.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remember Artboard zoom level

Since the artboard changes in the latest release there is an annoying behaviour when I toggle from one document to another. If I'm at a certain zoom level on one document then I go to another document for whatever the reason, when I return to the previous document I'm automatically zoomed all the way into the last artboard on the list. This is a new behaviour and not very desireable for me. Please have zoom levels remembered when I go from one document tab to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 improvements for general non-print UI

Would it be possible to enable global pixel snapping-possibly assigned to a modifier key combination when moving things directly(not via a dialog)? Could you have rounded corners as a parametric property when unexpanded, with separate W & H values, (expressed as PX and % if it doesn't dilute the general paradigm)? When transforming (particularly SCALE), could the bounding midpoints be shown, maybe in a different colour, if their position on their respective axes is outside of the viewport, to enable grabbing/moving them? So you dont have to zoom out and lose accuracy? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Resurrect Macromedia Freehand

Or at least study its superior usability and intuitiveness and adopt these features in Illustrator.

Or, at the VERY least, build in the ability to open old Freehand files in Illustrator.

Thanks,
    Pete

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Randomizer

We've all come across a time when we needed to repeat an element, but it needs to be transformed slightly different in each instance, whether that be position, rotation, reflection, scale or shearing. So, I propose a randomizing tool/function that you could use to make that happen. First you draw the elements you wanted to be randomly affected, then draw a shape to enclose them all. Select "Randomize" and they become something like a group.. You select one, and they're all selected. You could transform one, and the amount that you transformed it would be the limit any of them…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support layers in patterns

I want to be able to make patterns in layers. So if I use layers when I make a pattern, then I get a pattern that is editable in layers. It would save much time if you want to make variations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select non-default eGPU for hardware acceleration

We use external GPUs as provided to us by Apple in the External Graphics Development Kit and want to use these eGPUs instead of default GPUs built into the MacBooks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

10. 'Expand' generates excess groups, clipping groups, compound paths and other unwanted vector garbage. Keep it simple!

Try expanding a brush or a 3D shape and take a look at the large pile of unwanted groups, compound paths and clipping masks Illustrator has generated for you. It just adds complexity to the file and makes the object appearance tricky to work with. See example ai file attached.
    If you have Astute Graphic’s Vector First Aid plugin you can remove all that stuff and see just how simple and usable your vectors can be (I recommend it), Wouldn’t it be better if Illustrator didn’t generate junk in the first place?
    Please make sure Illustrator only generates the barest…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great to have a densitometer

Similar to Indesign, to read the tints with the numbers in the separations palette. Currently when building we need to pop it into Indesign to take a reading, especially if there is transparency.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Top Tab Ordering

Is there a way to order the tabs at the top when multiple files are open?
    It is a real pain to reorder the tabs at the top, so that you can sequence through the pages in order of file name / date etc.
    It seems silly to have the top tabs, but not be able to have them automatically order themselves...
    (unless there is a way already)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Symmetric Curve while using Pen Tool

As in Corel Draw if we are using a "Three point curve tool" we can make it a symmetric circular shape curve by simply pressing the shortcut "SHIFT" key.
    I think it should be in illustrator with the pen tool. We could make it circular by pressing any shortcut key. as most of the time symmetric circular curves are required instead of simple smooth curves.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Opening Multi-Page PDFs should have a larger preview or scalable preview

The Open PDF window box that comes up when you try to open a Multi-Page PDF should have a larger preview. In the Open PDF window much of the text can be garbled, which doesn't help if you are not sure which page of a 49 page document you need to open.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove Local Overrides button for paragraph styles

InDesign has it, Illustrator should too.
    Just a single local change, like font colour, and the text looses its paragraph style. The link might still be active since there is a + shown in the paragraph styles window, but changes in the style does not effect the localy changed text anymore. Maybe this is wanted, but I would love a Remove Local Overrides button like the one in InDesign. It resets all local changes and forces the paragraph style back on the text. Even with multiple textboxes with multiple styles selected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Import New Brushes to Adobe Draw

Would love to be able to create your own or import other brushes to Adobe Draw.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Linked Text 'Artworking Info' Panels/Tables

When setting up artwork sheets, we often have to use the same job info across many artboards - it would be great to have 'linked' information/type, so when you update text in a textbox/panel on one artboard it will automatically update on other artboards.

This could be done either by a table/panel which update, or being able to select individual pieces of info that you wish to auto-update.

This would be a massive timesaver when artworking!

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. path eraser tool - erasing multiple path selection (worked in CS5, does not in CC)

I jumped from CS5 to the current CC version of illustrator. As a technical illustrator, I often need to erase portions of paths. The easiest method for accomplishing this task is to select all the paths I intend to erase portions of using the "path eraser tool" and simply go from path to path erasing what I need using the "path eraser tool". This function works properly in CS5 but at some point afterwards has been lost.

However, as soon as you erase a portion of the first path, all selected paths are unselected except for the current path being…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base