When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pan tool wrap

When you pan with the mouse button/wheel held down, the panning stops when the cursor reaches the monitor edges. This forces user to release mouse, move it all the way back and re-grab it.
    In some other editors you can continue to move the pointer and it will 'wrap' around your monitor, going from the opposite side of it, until released.

Basically you can pan until you reach the end of your table.

This mode will help those who have to work at scale and pan without unzooming. Please, add it!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Added a slug area in document setup

In InDesign's document setup, there are Slug settings in addition to Bleed.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/set-print-bleed.html

There is no a slug area in Illustrator. As a result, users are stacking another large artboard underneath the artboard as an alternative to a slug area. This situation should be remedied by adding Slug settings.

InDesignのドキュメント設定には、裁ち落としに加えて印刷可能領域の設定があります。
    Illustratorには印刷可能領域の設定がありません。そのためユーザーはかわりに別の大きなサイズのアートボードを下に重ねています。この現状は印刷可能領域の設定を追加することで改善されなければいけません。

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplex Printing Control

Operating System macOS Big Sur 11.5.1
    Adobe Illustrator version 25.4

The current print process is printing duplex, despite the fact that the printer option is marked as NOT duplex - likewise there is no option for duplex on the illustrator print dialog.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Absolute mode that always sets a fill a single click and stroke with the Alt+click/right click

Setting a color for fill and stroke depends on what is 'active' in the toolbox. This is a relative mode mode and it's unique for Adobe apps (and their imitators/imitators).

What about giving a direct way of setting fill/stroke, without remembering which is in focus now? somewhat like Corel Draw does?
    Give us an option to be able to set a fill with a single click, and a stroke with the Alt+click (and additionally bringing it to focus), or right click.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add copy/apply choice to Offset Path

Most of the time, when using the Object > Path > Offset Path tool, I need to replace the original path, rather than add an offset copy of it. Currently, this requires me to offset the path (often multiple at once) and then delete the existing paths.

It would be much easier if Offset Path offered the same choice of "OK"(Apply and replace original path) and "Copy" as the transform tools.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Appearance work for Type objects

More specifically, with type objects, the Appearce palette just says 'Characters', without reflecting the current stroke and fill state of the object. New stroke and fill have to be added to make the Appearance palette useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option- Save changes to this Workspace

We frequently make changes to a workspace and want to update the changes in that workspace. But there is no option in Illustrator to do that. So, please add an option of- Save changes to this workspace.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please restore the DXF import capabilities as it behaved in previous versions up to V25.0.1

In version 25.0.1 and prior, the DXF import command worked, now it does not. Please restore this functionality. Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Resize all artboards independently and by percentage with preview

Resize all artboards and all artwork on boards at the same time by a percentage (currently feature is artboard only and by pixels only, unless I am missing some checkboxes somewhere?) -- each artboard would be independent. Like the same shape feature when selecting artwork and choosing Transform > Transform Each -- but for artboards. Would love a preview before committing!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Zoom factor that shows all artboards

I'd like to have an additional zoom factor in the zoom drop down field that says "All artboards" that zooms out so far that all artboards are visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. symbol marker in preview and outline view

I'd like to see a symbol "marker" of some sort to quickly identify symbols used on a layout, much like the pilcrow and other typographic characters used in InDesign (that can be turned On or Off). These "markers" should be visible in both Preview and Outline views. Thanks. A.C.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tracing transparent BW images not to make white block in BG in place of transparent

When we trace transparent black and white images where we want to keep white interior and outside transparent in place of transparent we get a white block that can not be removed with scripting or batch, only manually after expand. There should be a setting the image traces only the actual image, not adding BG where there is none.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit Library graphic in place

Graphics you add to your library can only be edited in a separate file window. I would like to be able to edit the library graphic in place.

This would save time when editing graphics to make them more universally useful for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Custom Workspaces to Adobe Cloud Account

I recently had to reinstall all of my Adobe software, and was very annoyed to learn that, despite Adobe forcing me to use cloud-based software and continuously telling me to "save files to the cloud", the cloud does NOT store and retain ANY of my custom settings for the workspace. I've now had to spend at least 20 minutes in each program resetting the "Settings" features as well as repopulating the sidebars with my desired panels. Every time, I have saved these workspaces because that is what I like. But NEVER has Adobe been able to sync these to my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to convert Type on a path text back to point text

I've been using the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe plugin which for some unknow reason likes to use type on a path for it's basemap labels, even when the label doesn't need to follow a path!

Quite often I've noticed several labels coming in with a red cross symbol highlighting that the path isn't long enough to show all the text.

This has made me very aware of some missing functionality in Illustrator, that of being able to revert Type on a path text back to point text.

Currently to do this, I need to double click the text to enter…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Jumble Characters Option

I would love a feature where you could jumble characters in a text box to simulate what you see in many Children's based design elements of titles and such. Currently you have to outline your text and then start manually turning your letters slightly while pushing and pulling your kerning/spacing and baselines. Possibly three options; rotate clockwise, counter-clockwise and random with sliding scales for how extreme to turn them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make title bar of inactive window look different from an active one

On Windows there is no way to tell Illustrator window in focus from inactive one, even when a corresponding option in OS preferences is on.

And every time Ai is not in focus you can’t use hotkeys.
    Please make at least something dynamic to tell if the window is in focus! Like it was before. Icon changing color at least.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Straighten/unrotate object

As far as I can tell, there's no way to re-straighten an object after rotating it. There's nothing retaining what the degree of rotation was. That would be really helpful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Open Library file

It would be great if the initial Illustrator screen included an "open from Library" option. This may already be there but if it is, it was not obvious enough for me to find 😬. I often want to edit or open library assets and I think it would be great if I didn't have to create a new file in order to be able to open library items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Edit Original in context menu Placed image

Just like other CC applications, Ai should offer the possibility to open the source of a Placed image directly from within Ai. (Photoshop most of the time).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base