When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ignore commas in graph data

I create regional reports with a lot of data visualization, so I copy and paste from excel and google sheets all the time. The amount of time I spend removing commas from each number over 999 while creating graphs is wild. I'm working on finding better workflows for this, but if you could just make commas invisible or intelligible to the data window in Illustrator, I would be so happy!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the feature where the text stays on the screen when moving through the a text block

In the not-so-distant pass, when kerning in AI using the arrow keys, the screen would move along with the cursor as you went through the copy so you didn’t have to stop kerning to reposition the cursor, it followed along and even returned to the next sentence in the text. Which is still the case with InDesign, it works beautifully. But now that no longer happens in AI. Now when you are kerning using the arrow keys the screen no longer moves along with the cursor, when you reach the end of the text that is visible on your screen…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Dashed Line tool.

I have seen a few plugins (Nudge, WidthScribe) do things with dashes that suggest there is room for a lot more dashes on a stroke than the three repeating dash/gap entries the Stroke panel lets me create.

I would like an interactive, on-canvas tool that lets me drag dashes, gaps, and their endpoints around on a selected path. Being able to create and delete dashes/gaps would be nice, too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit Global Swatch directly via Color Picker

Currently a multi-step process to update a Global swatch using Color Picker. Change a swatch via color picker then drag the active color swatch that’s at the top of the swatches panel down into the panel and from there that color can be dragged over a global swatch to update it. Better: just double click whilst in Global swatch and use color picker. Currently can only use sliders whilst in a Global swatch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make smart guides stop working with Ctrl key pressed, as in Photoshop and InDesign

The function of disabling smart guides by pressing the Ctrl key in Photoshop and InDesign, allows you to adjust the position of an object more accurately without having to go to the menu to disable them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Snapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update all linked files

When you have a large number of linked files changes, but you have a manual mode with the confirmation, you can’t say 'Update all links' in the dialogue window, and you don’t have it as a button in the Links panel.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Images, Links  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete from recent files

As you know, Illustrator keeps exported images in the File > Open Recent Files list.
    So if I export 20 TIFs from a single document — they will all will be listed there.

This is dumb, and there are multiple requests to stop this:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests?query=recent%20files

There are also requests to be able to clear that list (guess why there is a need for this).

But we should also be able to remove positions from the list one by one.
    Use cases:
    1. I renamed a file and now I can’t open it via this menu
    2. I moved the file…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Basic touchpad functionality on Windows

As someone who just switched from Mac to Windows, it's incredibly frustrating not to be able to zoom with a pinch or even to scroll diagonally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off annoying "Catch up with what's new in illustrator" popup

EVERY time I load Illustrator, the stupid, pointless, broken "Catch up with what's new in illustrator" popup appears. I have the options of:
    'Remind Later' which means this thing will appear the next time I load the app
    or
    'OK' which opens the 'Learn' panel, which contains...nothing.
    So both options are equally ****. Which is exactly what we'd expect from this dreadful application that people only use because it's the "industry standard" since Adobe illegally killed off FreeHand many years ago. When will Affinity Designer become the industry standard? Very soon, I hope.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. XMP Meta Data、MM:Historyの機能改善

現在、IllustratorではXMPメタデータ上のHistoryの記述が最大で2個となっていて、初回保存時に1つ目、別名で保存時に2つ目が記述され、以降、別名で保存によるファイル派生が生じた時に2つ目のHistoryが更新される仕様になっています。
    Photoshopでは、このHistoryの項目に保存履歴だけではなくconvertやderived等の主要な編集イベントの情報も記述されます。InDesignにおいても保存イベントは詳細に記述され履歴の確認が可能になっています。
    Illustratorにおいても、もう少し細かく履歴情報の記述を行っていただきたい。

以下に各サンプルを挙げておきます。
    ※Photoshop
    <xmpMM:History>
    <rdf:Seq>
    <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
    <stEvt:action>saved</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:fa197c48-1372-49d9-8ae1-f5cc273d4aae</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-01-25T20:48:06+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/</stEvt:changed>
    </rdf:li>
    <stEvt:action>converted</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:parameters>from image/jpeg to application/vnd.adobe.photoshop</stEvt:parameters>
    <stEvt:action>derived</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:parameters>converted from image/jpeg to application/vnd.adobe.photoshop</stEvt:parameters>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:779a3d47-4ae6-4b0e-be0b-b1a7f2ee5007</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-01-25T20:48:06+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:f343692b-df77-40bb-8ee4-6fefc6341435</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-06-05T21:28:08+09:00</stEvt:when>
    </rdf:Seq>
    </xmpMM:History>

保存以外の様々なイベントが記述され確認が可能です。

※InDesign
    <xmpMM:History>
    <rdf:Seq>
    <stEvt:action>created</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:FC7BA4FD42206811822A93784E262F37</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2012-05-11T15:56:45+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 7.0</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:CEC84C1347206811822A93784E262F37</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2012-05-11T16:26+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 7.0</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/;/metadata</stEvt:changed>

<stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:3aa516e9-6e10-4d30-8213-1d01b5e0c6e8</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2021-05-18T19:03:52+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 16.1 (Macintosh)</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/metadata</stEvt:changed>
    <rdf:li…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need options to make a gradient from colors of selected shapes/objects

Hi,
    Sometimes i feel handicapped while working with gradients.
    It feels like that Illustrator is holding my leg when working with gradients.

I have two requests regarding gradients.

1. I want Illustrator to help make a gradients from the colors of selected shapes or objects. (Since the option is not available so, I have to select colors from swatches individually and put them on gradient bar to make a gradients.

2. Gradient does not show when it is being applied on live text (not outlined text), making it difficult to see the current gradient direction and placement when mouse is pressed. Gradient…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alt+drag to duplicate multiple spline knots and segments

Up until the Illustrator 23.1.1 update, splines with overlapping knots and multiple selected spline segments could be duplicated easily by:

1) using the "A" select tool to select individual knots or segments of a path,
    2) region-dragging to select several knots,
    3) begin dragging then quickly hold down the ALT key before releasing
    This would duplicate the knot and it's connected and the newly created connected segments. If only segments were selected, then the new segments were created while dragging, <important!> keeping their anchor knots where they originated at either end of the spline. It was a very efficient tool…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Find and Replace as a panel (palette)

Does it no longer have to be in pallet form for FIND & REPLACE? Even list the past wanted. I think you should think about it. You can take an example from the ExtendScript Toolkit (ESTK) (as in the video). Because Adobe did it. I want to remind:)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clipping path in JPEG image file works in placement

A JPEG file can include clipping path. This clipping path works well when placed in InDesign. However, Illustrator ignores this clipping path.

If clipping path in JPEG works in placement, the user will be more creative.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. artwork over canvas isolation toggle

Toggle function that changes the view between showing all artwork in a drawing, and only showing everything that is actually over the canvas. basically, a quick and easy toggle to see what an exported pdf would look like. Exactly like the toggle built into InDesign (toggled by "w").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Resize Images Shortcut

When resizing images or objects, there should be a way to constantly have things stay proportionate without having to hold down shift the entire time. I would suggest the caps lock key since it carries the same function when typing out letters.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Layers and rotate to original gesture in touch mode

Layers would speed up to workflow when you don't have to switch workspaces so often.

Tap or rotate gesture for rotate to original view would also speed up the workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Content Aware Defaults is an All or Nothing option

Checking the Enable Content Aware Defaults option in Preferences controls 3 features: Crop Image, Puppet Warp and Freeform Gradient. It would be nice to be able to turn them on/off individually. Now it is all or nothing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change line color and fill color of groups in one click

Let say you have multiple groups existing of line segments and filled objects (lines and circles for example). If I want to change the color of the lines and objects of a group, by clicking on a group, that is not possible. Or all line segments get a fill too or all the objects get a line too.

To fix this, I have to go inside the group, select all the objects, change the fill and then select all the line segments and change the line color.

A button to change the color of all line segments and the color…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Easily move large number of swatches into a cc library

Companies offer free downloads of their color libraries, typically over 1000 individual color swatches. Currently, each swatch has to be moved one-by-one into a library. It's extremely time consuming and tedious. I have talked to numerous customer service agents and there is no satisfactory work around.

Create an easy way to transfer numerous color swatches at once into a library (which allows for use of the search bar feature). Using ccda>your work>upload does not work either.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base