When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. knife tool with bezier curves like pen tool

I like the idea of the knife tool and I try to use it. It is worthless because it has no control.. If it used bezier curves or like the Photoshop polygon tool that would be awesome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. brush size smaller than a point

I always have to enlarge my artwork because the brush size does not go down small enough

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chart enhancement request

Most of the time I work on creating charts, sometimes which will be recurring charts. So my request is if we can embed spreadsheet just like in Indesign for tables, it would save time and also if we have option to add values on top of column chart and at the same time controlling alignment would be much helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow dragging multiple selected layers from one file to another

Allow dragging multiple selected layers from one Illustrator file to another (as in Photoshop) w/o exporting them or needing to depend on Paste Remember Layers, but let the drag behavior drop the layered artwork into the other file with a Paste in Place feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding Pages/Sheets like in Excel for better organization of large jobs

Adding Pages/Sheets like in Excel for better organization of large jobs. I work at a sign company and frequently come across large jobs that I would like to keep organized.

For example let's use a job I am on right now. It is a job for hospital signage. Over 500 signs in total and let's say 15 departments. Some departments have upto 20 signs. While artboards work well in this instance it would be nice if I could have the option to organize the departments with "sheets" instead of individual files. My reasoning behind this is when I have to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Action save as pdf preset recording problem

hi

problem is; when you record new action save as pdf and change pdf preset saving format to pdf/x-2008 or any preset not saving recorded action, its saving as only illustrator defaulf pdf preset format. i have allot artwork needs to save as small preset pdf. but not working. please fix the problem. thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change character in default font

I'm looking for a way to change a character in my default font. I use the font family Proxima Nova (an Adobe font, what I have activated). In InDesign you can choose between two character for the letter 'a'. There I can change the font with find glyph en replace it for the other one. This is an extra action I make for all my designs.

It would be awesome to set that letter 'a' as a default a in that typefont. Because I can only use the right one in InDesign. AdobeIllustrator don't has that option. Is there a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Uniform Tranform in AI and Ps

Why do you have to hold shift in illustrator but not in photoshop to do a uniform transform? Why did you guys have to switch that in 2020? Do you know how much you are messing with my head? I regret upgrading so bad (yes I just upgraded this week).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Toggle to Disable touch input

This would be a toggle that users can set to on or off. This toggle would disable the touch input in illustrator on touchscreen devices. This would enable users to paint using a stylus, without their hand making marks when touching the screen. This is especially useful for individuals who rest their hand on the screen as a way to gain control when drawing. This can sometimes manually be done for the whole device, however, a toggle inside illustrator would make it convenient for users to easily change, as well as it would only effect the illustrator application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to turn off or filter out unneeded system fonts

It would be great if there was a way we could turn system fonts off so they don't show up in the list.
    Why is this valuable? Because currently I have 63 Noto *** fonts listed in my fonts -- there are others in that list too (Apple Braille) that we cannot remove from our system font library. Every time we do a visual search for a font to use, we have to go through these all of these useless fonts too.

This would be a great option for all of your programs -- not just Illustrator. Same issue in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power Efficiency

Since I've moved to working remotely entirely, I've noticed how quickly using several Adobe programs burns through my laptop battery. I'm running a brand new 16" Macbook Pro with the latest MacOS Catalina version, and I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half of battery life while running InDesign and Illustrator at the same time. When I review what is using the most battery life, my Mac lists InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync as the main culprits.

Now, I understand that these programs at times are fairly graphically intensive, but the battery life I'm getting is absymal, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't snap to where I'm dragging from.

Even when I turn on snapping, if I drag an object away from it's location, I want the object to not end up in it's old location. Otherwise I would not have started dragging it.

Therefore, stop making the original location available a snap target. As a movement / cardinal direction target, sure. Not as a "return to where you're from" target, this makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add generic "sans-serif" font family option for text

SVG is the accepted vector graphic format for the web. We need a way to be able to specify platform-independent fonts for environments such as the web where there are no specific fonts that are universaly available. SVG does this with the font-family style property:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/prfontfont-family.asp

The Inkscape vector graphics editor offers a font-selector where you can choose either a specific font or a generic font-family like "serif", "sans-serif", "monospace", etc. The request is for Illustrator to offer a similar feature.

See also here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-do-i-set-the-font-family-to-quot-sans-serif-quot/m-p/11017751

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A place to download the language files so I can change the language of Ai

I am trying to install Ai in Norwegian, but there is no option for it in preferences.

Changing app language in the Creative Cloud Desktop App to Norwegian, then reinstalling Ai does not help. Reinstalling all of CC does not help. I have tried 10 times. Even on a new user account with the OS language changed to Norwegian just in case.

But, digging around, it should be possible to manually copy over the required files. In C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows there is an "enUS"-folder.
    Where can I download the files required for Norwegian (nb
    NO)?

Ps: Also,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag tools from one toolbar to another

Now when you enter toolbar edit mode, you can drag your button to and off it, but you can't drag you buttons from one toolbar to another.
    So to actually make it you have to remove it first, then close all-buttons-list, open it for the next toolbar, search for the button you deleted later and add it.
    Just allow to drag buttons across all toolbars in edit mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dividers in toolbars

It would be nice to have dividers that we can insert between tool buttons inside of our toolbars.
    AI used to have dividers, but then you removed them.
    Please bring them back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export and Share Entire Adobe DRAW Projects as Illustrator Files (not just one drawing at a time).

We can share individual drawings from Adobe DRAW to Illustrator, but when you have an entire PROJECT of drawings, the share option is limited to very LOW-resolution images on a web link or sending them to Behance as a portfolio piece. Why on earth can't we just send an entire project to our computer for Illustrator. I could just save them in the Creative Cloud files in a folder called Adobe DRAW as individual illustrator files in a folder of the project's name.

I spent 2 hours last night just opening individual DRAW drawings, sending them to Illustrator and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 'Load Paragraph styles' does not work as expected

In InDesign, if you 'Load Paragraph styles', any Paragraph styles with the same names get updated, and any text that has those paragraph styles applied change appearance.

In Illustrator, this doesn't happen. It ignores the imported styles as it already has styles of that name. There is no 'import options' to able to change this behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make artboard position(x and y) default values an integer not a float

Basically, whenever I export something like an image setting my artboards width and height as a whole number, depending on where the artboard is positioned at a decimal value i.e(x: 1200.232 y:200.623). There is a bug where it will export the image with an extra pixel. So if I've set the width to be 1000 pixels and the height to 400 pixels, for example, it will export this as 1001 x 401 pixels. To fix this problem, I have to always make sure the artboards are positioned at x: 1200 y:200, deleting the decimal values.

Unless of course, the bug…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Groups within compound paths

It is possible to have a group inside a compound path. In the UI you will see "ungroup" offered but not working - the proper cure is to revert compound, then to ungroup, then to compound again.
    In scripting, the compoundpath object simply has no path members (and the object does not provide access to groups)
    Please either ensure that compound paths cannot include groups (preferred) or allow access to them from scripting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 158 159
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base