When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align to Cap Height

It would be amazing if there were an option to Align to Cap Height similar to Align to Glyph Bounds released in the August 2020 update.

If you have separate bits of text that you are trying to align to the same object, the result can be jumbled depending on the types of letterforms you include. It would be nice to have the option for text to align the same no matter if you have ascenders, descenders, curved forms, etc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizing any toolbar by right click on any empty space on it

customizing any toolbar by right-clicking in an empty space as well as the three dots underneath any toolbar.
    Illustrator becomes popular for developers around the world and every day there is a new plugin to enhance working in Illustrator. but in some small resolution PC / Laptops when some plugins add new tools the toolbar becomes very tall and could not reach the (customize this toolbar) the three dots that arrange and customizing my tools.
    this feature will allow managing any numbers of tools as well as managing the toolbars itself. and it will improve the user experience related to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add SIMPLE image color adjustments

Please add the ability to adjust an image's color from within Illustrator. Nothing crazy, just HSV adjustments, Curves & Levels, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Asset Export bug report: Assets keep changing to include objects not in group

There is a bug in Illustrator 24.3 where groups added to Asset Export change to include objects not in the group. This happens on save and on asset rename.

I suspect this may be related to another annoying Illustrator bug where selecting objects sometimes appears to also select other unrelated objects somewhere else on the workspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Asset Export: Name assets after the layer they're on

When adding objects to Asset Export, there should be an option to name the assets after the layer they're on. This would be particularly helpful when there are a large number of assets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make a brush stroke a path instead of a fill. So you don’t have to adjust the outlines from a line you just drawn.

Please make a brush stroke a path instead of a fill. So you don’t have to adjust the outlines from a line you just drawn. Or else this app shouldn’t be called illustrator. Thats the main thing of illustration using adobe illustrator. Apply a look to a line, and then be able to adjust the line instead of a fill which it now creates, not usable at all. It’s also useful for animation purposes to be able to use a path. And the pencil isn’t the same thing as a brush, you want to see the endresult of what you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow adjustment of settings by sliding laterally on setting titles like in Photoshop

I like how direct the method of adjustment is in Photoshop, it is very convenient and controllable. Most importantly it would allow reflexes to carryover from one app to the other. IMO this is an ethos that should pervade your apps - to make similar functions behave the same where possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. mid grid snap

It would be useful to have the option when grid snapping is enabled, a hint or indicator that allows the user to snap the anchor handles to the middle point of the defined grid unit. A simple override to avoid having to enable/disable the snapping function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. artboard name (top left corner on pasteboard) like XD

Can we have the artboard name at the top left corner like Adobe XD and double-clicking the name will allow you to change the artboard name? Even handle to change the size of the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SVG Import image X and Y positions are multiplied by 2

If you open this SVG in Chrome, FF, Inkscape, etc, the rectangle and the 120.png image should be stacked on top of each other. However, in Illustrator CC (As of 09-23-2020) the image appears at 240x240 for the X/Y position instead of the defined 120x120. Appears to be this way only with the image tag. If you were to do a transformation matrix, it fixes the problem but still it should be imported properly into Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SVG Import image X and Y positions are multiplied by 2

If you open this SVG in Chrome, FF, Inkscape, etc, the rectangle and the 120.png image should be stacked on top of each other. However, in Illustrator CC (As of 09-23-2020) the image appears at 240x240 for the X/Y position instead of the defined 120x120. Appears to be this way only with the image tag. If you were to do a transformation matrix, it fixes the problem but still it should be imported properly into Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SVG Import image X and Y positions are multiplied by 2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export SVG without transforms for use with web / HTML / CSS / JS

When will illustrator support options for exporting SVG without transforms?

We have to manually calculate then set the x,y,width, height attributes on an svg element from a transform: matrix or other transforms.

Attached image: I can't pull this into an html document and animate it because the inline transforms override the css transform I use to position or animate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. implement the svg 2 'arcs' line join as an option for corners

it could be a corner option on the line panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More appropriate way of having straight lines and adding arrow head easily

I am an academic and use straight lines and block diagrams for illustrating my methodologies. Although having a rectangle or square is super easy, it is nit straightforward to create straight line or arrowhead. Please make sure these features can be used appropriately. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. gestures

Make it so Windows version of Adobe programs are capable of all gestures such as zoom and pan/scroll. This works perfectly fine on my MacBook, but on Windows I'm only able to chose if I can scroll/pan or zoom, but cannot zoom and pan. This makes working with the program extremely difficult and infuriating when it's such a simple feature that works in every other basic program.

I don't understand how this is still an issue when this has been posted on every Adobe forum for several years now. Especially now that you can't just purchase and own the programs,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 塗りブラシツールで使用しているブラシが勝手に切り替わる仕様について

adobe illustrator2020
    塗りブラシツールにて
    ユーザー定義のライブラリから設定したブラシを使用して線を描画

選択ツールなどに切り替えて移動などを行う

もう一度塗りブラシツールに切り替えると、基本ブラシや別のユーザー定義ブラシに勝手に切り替わる

この仕様かバグの修正をお願いしたいです。

illustrator2018にはこの仕様はありません。

環境はmacbook pro 2016 OS10.15.5 です。

イラストの仕事で一番頻繁に使うのが塗りブラシツールなので
    これが修正されないとillustrator2020にいつまでも移行できずにいます。

ご対応していただける事を願っております。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enter the transform panel with a keyboard shortcut

I often have to change the width or height of objects to round them from 1/10,000" to 1/1,000" accuracy, and it requires that I click in the transform panel every time. If there was a way to enter the transform panel, or the control entries at the top, even if it required tabbing to get to the desired entry it would be better than a mouse click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A new tool that copies exactly the color that's seen by the user on the screen through transparent objects

Currently, when I like a certain color that's formed through the combination of 2 or more transparent objects (or objects with blend modes applied), I can't copy that exact color. The eye-dropper tool simply copies the color from the topmost object. I often find myself taking a snap of the display and then paste that image within illustrator and copying the color I want from that image.

Request: I'd like a tool, similar to the eye-dropper, but instead, it picks the RESULTANT color(s) that is displayed through transparent objects or even objects with BLEND-MODES applied to them.

I've attached an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create link to external file/website

Within text or via image, shape, etc insert link to external file or website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 180 181
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base