Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

365 results found

1. SVG exporting of path points

Illustrator SVG asset exporter doesn't export single-point paths.
    My work system reads SVG files' layer and object names as IDs. In these files, I create a single point with the pen tool to use the x,y values as coordinate data. (This object is graphically a Path with a single anchor point.) I'll also create paths with 2 or more points in these files. When I export these objects using the asset exporter, the paths with a single point doesn't get exported, while paths with 2 or more points export successfully. When using SaveAs>SVG it does export the paths with a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the GPU renderer realize when it is grinding to a halt and turn itself off automatically.

The GPU renderer is great. If you're on a machine with a hefty GPU. If you're not throwing a bunch of bitmaps and/or bitmap effects at it. If you're not working with a lot of overlaid transparency.

If one or more of these is false, it starts slowing down the preview rendering. And not by microseconds. I have files that render the preview a little sluggishly, but still usably, with the CPU renderer, and take minutes to update with the GPU renderer.

I myself have permanently turned off the GPU renderer, as I regularly fail all three of these ifs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. protect against accidental micro-adjustments during object selection

There are many times, most often while I am either double clicking to get into isolation mode, or selecting a layer as I am moving the mouse, where I accidentally move the object I clicked on a tiny bit, this becomes a problem on some pieces of artwork where math and/or high level accuracy are involved, and the adjustments are so minimal that they aren't noticed until its too late to undo.

It would be really cool if illustrator somehow detected or prevented against accidental unwanted adjustments. the idea occurred to me after seeing my phone attempt to block accidental…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MAJOR PROBLEMS!! Cache/Scratch NOT assigning to my selected Drives

No matter how many times I un-install and re-install Illustrator, the program WILL NOT ACCEPT when I select a destination to my specific and dedicated Cache/Scratch SSD. I have a permanent studio setup with the latest MacBook Pro 64GB of RAM.. Everything was custom built the best it could be in April of 2020. The second I open Adobe Illustrator, my Available RAM goes from around 55GB to 124MB?!!!!!!! I know it's a RAM heavy program but that is insanity. Nothing is that heavy or works like that. Its forcing a notice to pop up from my Mac saying that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Source/origin paths and follower paths

I'm looking for a way to set a certain layer/path as the origin so when I duplicate and change the original path, the rest will automatically update.

This would for example be useful in iterative design workflow to quickly change designs and/or clipping mask instances where you need multiple copies of the same path, but only wish to edit one

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?