1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4421 results found

1. Set export options to default to the same folder the native is housed in

Set default export or save as locations to start in the same folder as the native Ai file as opposed to previous locations. It can be rather cumbersome when switching to an entirely new project, then exporting that project and having the 'save as' default to the entirely other project's recent save.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Metadata enhancements for artboard to invidual file (save/export)

Wish - Metadata enhancements
    1) Document level metadata to be exported and added when artboards are exported as individual files
    2) Ability to add overrides at artboard level for metadata, which on export is carried forward into the individual files generated

Scenario:
    I often create a series of images by using arboards, as they are related and worked on as a mini-project (e.g. series of icons, part of online learning story-boards, series of progressive diagrams etc.). I export these for use by individual staff, who use graphics in PowerPoint, Word, LMS, InDesign projects etc.
    Note: InDesign docs are converted to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to set custom default Transparency Flattener Options settings when saving EPS

There is no way to tweak said default settings.
    Even you create custom document profile from document with tweaked settings, it still come up as default-default when you try to save project, created from this profile.

More on this here, for example:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2456425

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Editable text underline feature as available in Indesign

Illustrator is the industry standard application for the packaging design and artwork industry. I don't think that this was the original plan for Illutsrator but this is now just a fact of life and millions of users around the world in the packaging industry use this day in day out for very technical builds where printer specifications must be taken into account. There are hundreds of features that could be added to make our lives easier as we work the lack of certain features to get it to do what we need. But the most glaring ommision for many of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More precision with the Knife Tool

I'd like to see more adjustment options for the knife tool. Something like the pencil tools option of Tolerances: Fidelity and Smoothness. It sure would help with more precision when I cut and ink my manga characters. Rather than go in after I make a cut and have to move a lot of anchor points and handles around by hand to get the precision I was after in the first place.

I hope you can understand what I'm texting about here and I hope you take this issue up and include it in a future feature update. Oh yea, and…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ctrl+Scroll to zoom instead of Alt+scroll in Windows

Can you please add an option or something to change the zoom shortcut from ALT+Scroll to CTRL+Scroll?
    Because in Windows the ALT button activates the app menu which is pretty stupid! Or at least disable the activation of the app menu with the ALT button.

For example I zoom in using ALT+Scroll and now I want to select the Type tool using T on the keyboard and I get the Type drop down menu from the top (see attached screenshot).
    And as you can see this can become very frustrating especially when spending hours in Illustrator!

Btw please don't suggest…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remember scaling per file in Save for web

I design for printing and use 'Save for web and devices' to have crisp images.
    E.g. I can have document 300x900mm, and then I export it as 600x1800px and have my snapped sharp lines to stay sharp.
    But 'SfWaD' always immediately renders image at '100%' (which is not 100% at all at Windows — it's an another problem to be discussed), and I get 850x2551.
    When my dimensions are bigger, AI sometimes can't even render an image and I get error message and pink fill in preview area.
    I try to draw ten times smaller whenever is possible to avoid…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align panel: Objects touch edges

I draw as well as design web layouts in Ai, and I spend a lot of time sliding objects around on a pasteboard and using Smart Guides to snap them next to each other so they're touching. I'd like to add a set of features to the align panel that allow you to select two objets, define the target object with a second click, and then define which edge of the objects you want them to touch on: top, bottom, left, right.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export for Screens without bleed option

Export screens without the bleed

I really like the feature called Export screens, but I do not really use it for print jobs, cause I can't export any picture format file without the bleed section of the document, which I use to show the client the stages of the job. Still, I could do the same with Save for web function, but it would be very very useful to export multiple artboards at the same time without the bleed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

10. Loaded eyedropper just like in InDesign

I wish the eye dropper behaved more like it does in InDesign: If you pick up a type style, you "keep" that style and can apply it to several different text boxes. so if you have a text box with 4 subheads and body copy after each and you want to change all of the subheads to match the first one that you've changed, you could click on the desired style, and then click-drag over each of the subheads carrying the same style to each

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Master page

It would be great if Illustrator had a master page like InDesign.
    For us who design more then one page for client proofs.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An ability to disable Text to Vector Graphic feature and any other generative options

I'd like to be able to turn off the new feature for "text to vector graphic (beta)" if possible.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to change the default Area Type Options

I prefer to have 'x Height' as a First Baseline, instead of current default 'Ascent'.

I assume other users would like to change something else, like having 'Auto Size' always enabled from the beginning, or have a different vertical alignment (when will you rename it from the wrong 'Horizontal' to the correct 'Vertical'?! — vote here: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/45711817)

I tried different ways to make these parameters hold — updating Paragraph styles, changing document profiles... it always defaults to these.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Isolation mode fading also in Outline mode

Since Outline mode can be (sometimes for me) get displayed with GPU, with antialiasing, I think dimming the art can also be done.

Sure, it should be an option (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/31941823) and work with CPU too.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display Measurement Labels when Snap to Grid is on

We can enable Measurement Labels in Preferences > Smart guides, to display a drawn line’s length, or width/height for shapes, or distance for moved objects.

Cool.
    But once you enable Snap to Grid, labels stop being displayed.
    I get it, Smart Guides stop work in terms of snapping and actual guides rendering, but why ditch labels? We still draw and move, and it’s maybe even more important with snapping on!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improved links panel (with Relink All)

Improved links panel. List all instances of a linked image under one 'primary' link, append the filename with " (xx instances) ". Use a chevron that points right to indicate that there are multiple instances under the "primary" one shown in the list. Clicking the chevron makes the chevron point down, and displays the list of all instances.

Clicking to select the "main" instance and clicking the re-link button should allow the user to replace all instances of the same image. Allow the user to expand the list downward as described above and select a single, or multiple instances to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customizable splash screen

Adobe marketing team decides what to display as splash screens. Sometimes the choice is great, and sometimes is not, much more often, to some of us.

And since the Illustrator splash screen is what we see often, and it obviously influence our thought and mood, we’d like to have options to customize it.

We can access the image ourselves, all of them are stored along with other version for different resolution screens at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\aiccsplash.png (on Windows)
    and packed in the application in Contents\Resources\ (on Macs),
    but this feels like a hack.

What if we…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. search for tools by name when editing the toolbar

When editing the tools that are in the toolbar we are confronted with a big panel full of tools. The recent update that categorizes them and allows for a grid view is very helpful. However, I still find myself scrolling down and up trying to find the particular tool I would like to add to the toolbar because it's so easy to miss it. If there were a little search bar at the top where we could type the name of the tool we are trying to locate to pair down the options it would be a much nicer/quicker experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Background Export (not save)

Ai now can save documents in background (partially, but still) — it saves a lot of time.
    InDesign, on the other hand, can export in background (well, some file types).

What if exporting process go in background too, leaving Ai unlocked?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add copy/apply choice to Offset Path

Most of the time, when using the Object > Path > Offset Path tool, I need to replace the original path, rather than add an offset copy of it. Currently, this requires me to offset the path (often multiple at once) and then delete the existing paths.

It would be much easier if Offset Path offered the same choice of "OK"(Apply and replace original path) and "Copy" as the transform tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base