2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. High Sierra (macOS 10.13) GPU rendering issues with RGB document - Intel Graphics

Illustrator 21.1.0 has issues with GPU rendering in the latest High Sierra public betas:

Paths will appear jagged and generally do not display correctly.

Altering the zoom level affects these artefacts.

Switching off GPU rendering altogether fixes the issue but this way, performance is obviously affected.

Additional Note: Works correctly in CMYK document.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

278 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opening multi page PDF into Illustrator

My fellow employees and I refuse to upgrade to new Illustrator because we can no longer open a PDF in Illustrator and get anything but page 1. This is a critical part of our workflow, so until you fix it, we wont use it, and urge every other professional we know to resist upgrading.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't Print Illustration

Illustrator refuses to print even small 8.5 x 11 files to our desktop printer. This is an essential part of this program and severely impacts my ability to design and create production files when I cannot print out a simple proof without exporting it to a PDF before Printing.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We worked with Microsoft on the issue. here is the update. Thank you few of you who helped us in isolating this issue. If your issue still does not get resolved with the updates as below please reach out to us on sharewithai@adobe.com

Summary of Issue:

Workaround:

• Uninstall and reinstall the HP print drivers. Download the latest driver from HP website or contact your system administrator.

Microsoft Support Ticket No.: 119070821001723
    Adobe Internal Tracking ID: AI-4215933

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. Type Tool is very slow - Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

I recently update Adobe Illustrator CC to the latest version (CC 2019) and the type tool is painfully slow. Every time I try to use it, I get 15-20 seconds of the pinwheel before the cursor shows up. Once the tool is finally activated, everything takes a prolonged amount of time (5-10 seconds to type a letter, etc.) Thanks for any help.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Action using "save as" location not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the "save as" to defined location, when closing and restarting Illustrator the action doesn't save location of "save as" action.

Windows 10 pro ver. 1803

Illustrator ver. 23.0.1

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

6. LAUNCH ERROR ISSUE - Google Drive File Stream

Drive File Stream interfere with Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 bit.

After installing Google Drive File Stream I get lunch error during Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (icui18n.dll) and program runs with limited functionality.

When uninstalling the google drive file stream everything works just fine.

I shared the same issue with the drive file stream, so i just hope that it will not end up pointing fault one on another. Both applications are important to workflow.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Syncing font from Typekit never works

When opening a file that I have used Typekit fonts in, the missing fonts dialog box tells me they are missing, but are available to sync from Typekit.
    I have tried the following to restore my fonts

1. Press "Sync" from the missing font dialog box inside illustrator. (this does nothing. it loads forever and never updates my fonts)
    2. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts.
    3. Close file. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Re-open file.
    4. Quit Illustrator. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Launch Illustrator. Open file.

NOTHING…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all of you who had contacted us. Here is the solution

Kindly try the troubleshooting Steps mentioned on Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html .
    If above mentioned link does not resolve your problem Kindly collect the logs as mentioned in the e link and get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

NOTE: For Myraid pro refer to the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1638311

8. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Actual Size view menu does not display at actual size...

The new "Actual Size" feature under the view menu does not zoom to actual size. a 1" square is displayed at around 7/8" instead.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

there are two issues in this post
    1. Users want this feature to work on multiple monitors.
    2. Users want to have a view actual pixels for web drawings.

for #1 please vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/35799382--actual-size-should-work-with-multiple-monitors

for #2: we have an option to disable – You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck “Display print size at 100% Zoom”.

10. some graphics missing when exporting artboard using "export as"

Hello, I am experiencing strange results during artboard export - after export to bitmap file, there is often some part of graphics missing. Latest example is this - the 1pt stroke, visible in editor, is not present on exported image. Simillar result achieved in numerous different cases, ussually some shapes or contours with white color are missing in exported image. I am includign source files, you will have the background photo link missing, but this can be replaced with any colored box with same result. This is dangerous bug, because you have to control your exports carefully, and is easy…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. resizing window

When creating a new document the widow goes full screen, when I try to resize using the bottom right corner to resize window, it automatically grows larger than the screen size and can't grab the corner....then when I do get the corner back on the screen trying to resize just doesn't work well, its very slow and largish and half the time it won't resize it jumps back to full or only partially resizes....never did this before and its a pain i spend 10 min trying to get the window like I want it to be nearly every time I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. workspace

While using the new Illustrator CC v.23, the workspaces will randomly move around and cover up the art board that I am working on. I can simply click "reset workspace" and it's back to normal it is very frequently that the workspaces move around randomly. Please fix, Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. black screen problem

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work. This is not ok.
    Version 22.1, MacOS 10.13.3, MacBook Pro with external monitor as main screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Uninstalling Duet Display fixes Premiere and Illustrator crash on file open and file create

I spent an hour trying to get Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere to simply open a file or create a new file. They would both crash immediately with the dialogue box that sends a crash report.

I uninstalled without saving settings and reinstalled both. I also ran the Adobe CC Cleaner tool These made no difference.

Finally, on a hunch I uninstalled Duet Display, a program that allows you to use an iOS device as a second monitor. This fixed the issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  9 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tool panels are enlarged or scaled up

Updated to Illustrator 2019 - workspace panels have increased dramatically in size - see screen grab of Illustrator and the same area in photoshop.

Solutions helpful as I cannot have as many panel open as they now take up so much space!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text always shows as black

Sometimes, when I apply color to a text box (using the swatches or the eyedropper) the color shown on screen is black even though in the Appearance panel the Fill is the one I applied.
    I made a screenshot (attached) to demonstrate

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The attached screenshot displays the FILL color underneath the CHARACTERS in the APPEARANCE panel therefore any change applied to the FILL will not be displayed, to display it correctly please move the FILL color row on top of the CHARACTER row (Click & Drag) in the Appearance panel.

Hope this helps to resolve this issue.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

18. Welcome screen Illustrator CC 2019

Customize the Welcome Back screen: Right now the "Start a new file fast" screen shows various options including an A4. I'm not in the EU. Where's the US Letter size? That would make the most sense in the US. Where can I edit that group? How do I clear the list of most recent?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't work on a server - crashing and not saving files

I recently updated my OS to High Sierra V. 10.13.3 and have Illustrator CC18 22.0.1. I work on a server and at first, every time I tried to resave a file for the second time it would crash. Now all of a sudden I am able to save once and when I try to save the second time it says it can't and I have to save the file with a new name. It also keeps making .tmp files. If I work off of my server on my desktop this does not happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot close main application window with keyboard shortcut

When there are no documents open, it's apparently not possible to close the application window from the keyboard (e.g. with the traditional shortcut Cmd+W). The Close option is disabled in the File menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base