2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. High Sierra (macOS 10.13) GPU rendering issues with RGB document - Intel Graphics

Illustrator 21.1.0 has issues with GPU rendering in the latest High Sierra public betas:

Paths will appear jagged and generally do not display correctly.

Altering the zoom level affects these artefacts.

Switching off GPU rendering altogether fixes the issue but this way, performance is obviously affected.

Additional Note: Works correctly in CMYK document.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

278 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AI displays the START SCREEN on opening the file and the document view do not switches (refreshes) the file content.

v 22.1

When trying to open an existing file while Illustrator is closed, the software will lag and then hang on the opening screen. The file appears to be opened in the background, but there's no way to access or see it. The opening screen will give options to open additional files or create a new one (as usual) but when trying to do either, nothing will open and no New File Options menu will appear.

Everything will work normally only if I open Illustrator first and then the file.

This happens will every file I've tried, so this isn't…

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for reporting this issue and providing us your valuable feedback.

What we have found out so far is that this issue can happen in multiple workflows. For clear tracking, validation and closure. We will closing this thread for given below two scenarios which we believe are fixed now:

1)Double click any Ai file to launch Illustrator
    2)Placing files in Illustrator via Bridge.

For two other scenarios that we know of that can cause this, we have created a separate thread :https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39220189-ai-displays-the-start-screen-on-opening-the-file-a .If you are encountering the below mentioned issues with latest Version (24.0.1 on Mac and Win), then please vote on newly provided User voice thread and provide Test File via File→Package, Video and steps via dropping email at sharewithai@adobe.com along with this thread link so that we can identify and fix the root cause.

1. On opening a file in Illustrator the START SCREEN do…

3. White flickering screen: Illustrator 2019 gltches out video card in Macs with AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB graphics card...

it's an Apple & Adobe conflict with each other regarding the AMD graphic card driver(s) + Mojave OS 10.14. Rolling back to Illustrator 2018 doesn't fix it. I first thought it was a physical hardware problem (dying graphics card) until we experienced the problem on multiple Macs in the same way.

This issue didn't exist prior to updating to Mojave, however, I think Mojave and Adobe were fine together until updating to Adobe CC's 2019 products which had the initial conflict and, in turn, created the same conflict for the prior Adobe CC versions + Mojave.

I 100% believe there…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Escape Key and Arrows Not Working With Illustrator 2019

Several keys are not working as intended. The arrow keys do not work at all. The escape key also does not work in certain situations. When creating text, the escape key no longer works to exit out of editing the text.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opening multi page PDF into Illustrator

My fellow employees and I refuse to upgrade to new Illustrator because we can no longer open a PDF in Illustrator and get anything but page 1. This is a critical part of our workflow, so until you fix it, we wont use it, and urge every other professional we know to resist upgrading.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator makes mouse curser go slow (not a lagging issue)

Lets start by saying that Illustrator isn't lagging, It's just the mouse curser that goes slow when on the canvas.

I use an extra monitor connected to my Macbook macOS Sierra pro 10.12.4 (16E195)

I have noticed this a few times when using illustrator. It does not happen to any other program, Photoshop, sketch, Chrome etc.

This might be worth investigating as it is slightly irritating

Illustrator version 22.0.0

Cheers

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't Print Illustration

Illustrator refuses to print even small 8.5 x 11 files to our desktop printer. This is an essential part of this program and severely impacts my ability to design and create production files when I cannot print out a simple proof without exporting it to a PDF before Printing.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Hi,
    We worked with Microsoft on the issue. here is the update. Thank you few of you who helped us in isolating this issue. If your issue still does not get resolved with the updates as below please reach out to us on sharewithai@adobe.com

Summary of Issue:

Workaround:

• Uninstall and reinstall the HP print drivers. Download the latest driver from HP website or contact your system administrator.

Microsoft Support Ticket No.: 119070821001723
    Adobe Internal Tracking ID: AI-4215933

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Selection tool not working with Text

Intermittently, the selection tool isn't working with my text. For area type, the bounding box will disappear (and "show bounding box" is enabled). When it re-appears, often there is a lag between when I move the text and when the bounding box follows it. If there is no lag, it is not uncommon for the bounding box not to move at all.

OR my selection tool will (on area type) act only like a direct selection tool. And the transformation controls on each side of a rectangle of the type box will disappear. All I can do is use the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are facing this issue no more on Latest Illustrator released version .Hence marking this issue as resolved.

In case you are still encountering this issue.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com .Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

9. Type Tool is very slow - Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

I recently update Adobe Illustrator CC to the latest version (CC 2019) and the type tool is painfully slow. Every time I try to use it, I get 15-20 seconds of the pinwheel before the cursor shows up. Once the tool is finally activated, everything takes a prolonged amount of time (5-10 seconds to type a letter, etc.) Thanks for any help.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Action using "save as" location not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the "save as" to defined location, when closing and restarting Illustrator the action doesn't save location of "save as" action.

Windows 10 pro ver. 1803

Illustrator ver. 23.0.1

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

11. LAUNCH ERROR ISSUE - Google Drive File Stream

Drive File Stream interfere with Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 bit.

After installing Google Drive File Stream I get lunch error during Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (icui18n.dll) and program runs with limited functionality.

When uninstalling the google drive file stream everything works just fine.

I shared the same issue with the drive file stream, so i just hope that it will not end up pointing fault one on another. Both applications are important to workflow.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here is some good news. We users who have confirmed that the issue is resolved when you install the latest version of Google File Stream.
    Please update to Google Drive File Stream 26.1.37.2022 or later

Thank you Martin for validating the fix.

12. Syncing font from Typekit never works

When opening a file that I have used Typekit fonts in, the missing fonts dialog box tells me they are missing, but are available to sync from Typekit.
    I have tried the following to restore my fonts

1. Press "Sync" from the missing font dialog box inside illustrator. (this does nothing. it loads forever and never updates my fonts)

2. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts.

3. Close file. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Re-open file.

4. Quit Illustrator. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Launch Illustrator. Open file.

NOTHING works.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all of you who had contacted us. Here is the solution

Kindly try the troubleshooting Steps mentioned on Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html .
    If above mentioned link does not resolve your problem Kindly collect the logs as mentioned in the e link and get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

NOTE: For Myraid pro refer to the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1638311

13. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 23.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

14. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Actual Size view menu does not display at actual size...

The new "Actual Size" feature under the view menu does not zoom to actual size. a 1" square is displayed at around 7/8" instead.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

there are two issues in this post
    1. Users want this feature to work on multiple monitors.
    2. Users want to have a view actual pixels for web drawings.

for #1 please vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/35799382--actual-size-should-work-with-multiple-monitors

for #2: we have an option to disable – You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck “Display print size at 100% Zoom”.

16. Direct selection tool not resizing selected artwork

When I try to click on an anchor point and resize my artwork with the direct selection tool, it does not resize the artwork anymore. It just moves the artwork. Fortunately, I can still use the Free Transform Tool to resize objects and artwork. This is on Windows 10 in Illustrator CC 22.1.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are able to resolve this issue via view→ show edges or show bounding box .

In case you are still encountering this issue and unable to resolve via above provided workaround.
    Kindly provide us following information:

1) Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file .
    2)Which version of Illustrator you are using.
    3) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly…

17. some graphics missing when exporting artboard using "export as"

Hello, I am experiencing strange results during artboard export - after export to bitmap file, there is often some part of graphics missing. Latest example is this - the 1pt stroke, visible in editor, is not present on exported image. Simillar result achieved in numerous different cases, ussually some shapes or contours with white color are missing in exported image. I am includign source files, you will have the background photo link missing, but this can be replaced with any colored box with same result. This is dangerous bug, because you have to control your exports carefully, and is easy…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The white outlines in the file have Overprint attribute set. White + overprint result in empty objects, please remove overprint attribute from the white objects and try export again.

18. resizing window

When creating a new document the widow goes full screen, when I try to resize using the bottom right corner to resize window, it automatically grows larger than the screen size and can't grab the corner....then when I do get the corner back on the screen trying to resize just doesn't work well, its very slow and largish and half the time it won't resize it jumps back to full or only partially resizes....never did this before and its a pain i spend 10 min trying to get the window like I want it to be nearly every time I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. workspace

While using the new Illustrator CC v.23, the workspaces will randomly move around and cover up the art board that I am working on. I can simply click "reset workspace" and it's back to normal it is very frequently that the workspaces move around randomly. Please fix, Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a feature to popup colors panel when you click on fill/stroke proxy. Please remove the colors panel from the the workspace when it pops-up you should be fine. When I say remove you just have to remove from the dock and keep it as a floating

20. black screen problem

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work. This is not ok.
    Version 22.1, MacOS 10.13.3, MacBook Pro with external monitor as main screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base