Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Blend Modes Hotkeys are broken

Illustrator allows users to set custom hotkeys for blend modes, in Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools, right in the very bottom.
    Aside from direct commands for each available blend mode, there are two contextual keys: Next Mode and Previous Mode.

They don’t work as expected. Let’s make a simple test.
    1. Assign Shift+9 (displayed as 'Shift+(' — which is not correct, actually) for Previous and Shift+0 ('Shift+(') for Next blend mode.
    2. Put two colored shapes in a stack, to see what’s happening when you change modes
    3. Open Transparency panel, to see which mode is chosen (for some reason Properties…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

2. Canvas Rotation Feature is obstructing regular pinching in or out gesture for zooming, when using the trackpad

When using the pinching in or out gesture on the trackpad, to zoom in or out.
    The artboard gets rotated very easily if there is even a slight rotation in the gesture while.

And then part 2 of problem. Its impossible to set it back to 0degrees. It keeps snapping between some low degrees

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. Select all in an isolated group selects and allows to move locked and hidden objects

Imagine a group. Let's isolate it and hide one object, lock another, and leave the third one as it is. Ctrl+A to select all and then move the selection. Illustrator then moves all the objects, despite it does not behave like this on canvas.

If you check layers, you’ll see that Illustrator targets all children (double circle markers) but not a parent (the recent fix), and selects all objects including the parent (big square markers).

If you try to move the selection, all objects get moved.

This is not what happens if we try to select objects on canvas, locked…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

4. Dash lines display incorrectly on rectangles with rounded corners. Ai CC2022.

The lower right corner is rendered incorrectly if you apply rounded corners to rectangles with dashed lines.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Draw a rectangle, 3 x 4 inches (for example).
    2. Apply 0,25 in of corner radius.
    3. Change the stroke to 6 pt and set the dashed line at your taste.
    4. Look at the bottom right corner of the rectangle.
    Please check the attached images.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.1 which is available worldwide now.

6. 36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

7. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SVG Export Settings not applied

Operating System: macOS Monterey v12.1
    Illustrator version: 26.1

Steps:
    1. Open .ai file or .svg file in Illustrator that uses a gradient
    2. Export as SVG with the following settings (see attached screenshot):
    - Styling: Presentation attributes
    - Font: SVG
    - Object IDs: Unique
    - Decimal 2
    - Minify: yes
    - Responsive: yes

Expected Result:
    - The SVG elements use the "fill", "stroke", etc attributes directly
    - No <style> tag
    - No inline style attributes in the SVG elements
    - Object IDs are random strings (uuid)
    - SVG shouldn't have the <?xml starting tag

Actual Result:
    -…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PDFファイルをIllustratorに配置する際にアプリケーションがクラッシュします。

Illustrator
    v26.3.1

PC
    Windows 10 Pro

指定のPDFファイルを配置する、もしくは
    ファイルをドラッグ&ドロップ

PDFファイルの配置ができる

PDFファイルを配置もしくはドラッグ&ドロップ
    した時点で動作が停止し、Illustratorがクラッシュします。
    直接Illustratorから添付しているPDFファイルを開く場合は問題になりません。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ten_A さま

Illustratorデスクトップ版UserVoiceへのご協力をありがとうございます。

詳細な解析とサポートを頂きまして誠にありがとうございます!

引き続きどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustratorデスクトップ版チーム

10. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. 97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 異なるバージョンで、文字の間に「ー」が出現する

macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
    Illustrator 2021 v26.0.1

1 v25.2で、テキストボックス内に「株式会社○○○」と打つ
    2 v26.0.1で開くと、「株式会社ー○○○」のように、テキストに全角ハイフンが現れました。
    (書体:A-OTF 新ゴ Pro)

--添付データ-----
    「1.ai」→v25.2で保存したデータ

「2.ai」→「1.ai」をv26.0.1で開いて保存したデータ

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    こちらの問題が修正された Illustrator 2022(ver.26.0.2)が、製品リリースされました。 みなさん、ご協力ありがとうございました。 こちらのトピックは対応完了とさせていただきます。 コメントはオープンにしておきますので、何か問題がありましたらご報告ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  13. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

14. Saving to Creative Cloud is Changing My Patterns

This has to do with repeating patterns. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2021, desktop.
    Attached is a picture of 2 circles on a background (shield your eyes, it isn't pretty :-)). When I make the pattern - in this case, the circles were drawn with the blob brush - the inside of the 2 circles is empty and we can all see the background. It's a ring. When I pull that pattern out of swatches, however, it will color in that background. In this one, it's black. It changes depending on the pattern and the colors I'm using. And it is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. autocadで作ったブロックの読み込み

1. winodows10pro
      Adobe illustrator 2021 ver 25.4.6
      Adobe illustrator 2022 ver 26.3.1

2. autocadで作成したdwgをイラストレーターで開いた

3. ブロックが配置されている画層にデータができてほしかった ・・・添付ファイル25.png
      Adobe illustrator 2021 ver 25.4.6 実行時

4. ブロック作成時の画層でデータができてしまった ・・・添付ファイル26.png
      Adobe illustrator 2022 ver 26.3.1実行時

illustrator 2022 ver 26.0.3 では3.の結果になってくれた

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feng ren

Illustratorデスクトップ版の製品フィードバックへのご協力をありがとうございます。

Illustrator 2022 ver 26.0.3をお使いの上で、期待された表示結果が得られたとのことでしょうか。

Illustratorは常にアップデートを行なっておりますので、最新版のご利用をお勧めしております。

今後ともどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustratorデスクトップ版チーム

16. Blue learn box won't go away

I cannot see part of my workspace because the blue learn box covers up the panels and I cannot get it to go away. How am I supposed to use your program when your supposedly helpful box covers up what I need to see in order to create projects? This is unbelievably frustrating, and I am probably going to have to use some other program to create my logo since I cannot use the work space because of this idiotic blue learn bubble that won't go away and can't be moved, apparently.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Illustrator Arabic text issue

Mac Os Big sur Version 11.6

Illustrator 26.0.2

Steps done -​ Opened existing files in 2022 version and the text was showing different as it shows in 2021 version. this issue with all the Ai files.

To show the issue, a screenshot is added below.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

20. reading XMP data in scripts broken by 25.4 update.

Illustrator 25.4 update broke scripts that try to read XMP data that worked in previous versions of Illustrator. This is the Mac version (have not tried in Windows).

It appears to be getting the error on this line:

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');

Comparing the frameworks in the package contents for 25.3.1 vs 25.4, the AdobeXMPScript framework appears to be missing in 25.4.

Below is an example script to read font data that worked in 25.3, but errors loading the library in 25.4

// load XMP Library

function loadXMPLibrary() {

if (!ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript) {  

try {  

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');  

} catch
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base