Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0

illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0 once I set it to our teams color profile. Especially if I switch from AI to PS. Even after changing the profile in Bridge and synchronizing them.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

99 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opacity mask editing mode is broken, changes made are not visible unless Clip / Invert option is selected

I am experiencing a very new issue with Illustrator: when I draw something upon an opacity mask, the effect is not shown in real time.

Never happened something similar before.

I'm trying different settings with CPU preview, and also the relevant flag in the preferences (Draw and modify in real time, under "Performance" tab, hte last line) but does not seem to affect.

This has been happening since the latest update.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

5. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

6. 80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

7. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

8. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

9. Ver 23.3, When character unit is Q, spin button does not work properly with font size of character panel and control

Version : 24.3

1. Set the unit character to series (Q) in the environment settings
    2. Create point text and area text
    3. Change the font size of the character panel or control with the spin button.

In this operation, the spin button does not work properly, and the size can be changed only within a specific range based on the character size at the time of selection.
    In the property panel, it works normally.
    Even if you enter it directly, a value with decimal will be entered instead of the entered value.
    Other units are normal.

Original…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. Change in Text position for Type on Path

Illustrator 24.3 vers 25.2.2 sur Mac OS 10.14.6, le texte curviligne bouge d'une version à l'autre. Créer dans Illustrator 24.3 le résultat n'est plus le même à l'ouverture en Illustrator 25.2.2

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. illustrator 25.1 _ DXF files not coming in to scale

catalina
    new illustrator update 25.1 - dxf scaling is off - not correct
    original size nor does it work using 100% scaling import
    previous version no problem...dxf files come in to scale "original size"

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

14. Dragging Objects with Shift key hold down broken

After updating to Version 24.2 dragging objects with the Shift Key hold down does not work anymore. Instead of aligning the Object it forces it to stay in place. The same bug appears while doing "Alt-Drag" together with the Shift Key. This is a essential function in Illustrator an I think a lot of people use it every day. I will step back to the last version until this is fixed... Surprisingly this occurs only on one of our two Macs...

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

15. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing on mac

illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing until I restart the whole system on mac. I have the latest version

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping broken in 2020

ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping (set to false)

In 2019 (23.1), PNGs exported by javascript are trimmed to the visible bounds of the object as expected when false. When true, they're the size of the artboard.

In 2020 (24.3), the same script always produces PNGs the size of the artboard whatever artBoardClipping is set to.

Illustrator 24.3 vs Illustrator 23.1
    Windows 10
    Script run via Illustrator (File/Scripts) as well as testing in ETSK 4.0.0.1

It's a dealbreaker for version 24. We can't upgrade as a team unless this is fixed.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

19. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Illustrator is not exporting with the current file name

1. Create a document
    2. Draw a rectangle (just for it to have something inside)
    3. Save it anywhere as '1.ai'
    4. Export a, say, TIF, with default settings (these don't really matter) — Ai will offer '1.tif' name for the file exported
    5. Save this document as '2.ai'
    6. Export another TIF — Ail will use '1.tif' name, although the file is now '2.ai' This is wrong. Ai should adapt the name from the file actual name and not the original one.
    27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base