Simplify preview problem
When I choose Path > Simplify… and have the preview button checked, the simplification happens as many times as I adjust the percentage. ie it will simply to 99% and the 97% of 99%.
Whether I click OK or Cancel, all of the actions have been performed and I have to press undo until it is back to normal.
This problem arrived at the same time as the scale/rotate/reflect etc preview issue (which have now been fixed thank god).
Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end and need your help to isolate this issue further.
Could you kindly help us with the following information:
1. Could you kindly let us know the version of Illustrator that you are using. You can check the version by going to menu “Illustrator→About Illustrator” in Mac and “Help→ About Illustrator” in Windows.
2. Kindly also share with us the Test File with which you are facing the issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. You can follow the below steps for creating the package:
• Kindly save the test file and go to menu “File→Package”.
• Create a package and save it to Desktop. Go to the folder location where the package is created.
• Compress the folder and share it with us.
I sent this to you via email but had no reply, so I am attaching the files here along with a description of the problem.
Please find attached my Illustrator file and a short movie that shows the problem. Initially when I tried to demonstrate this it wouldn’t malfunction. But when I opened another file the problem re-appeared. It might be a memory issue, but I have plenty of RAM and the other file I had open was not hugely complicated – I frequently have multiple complex packaging documents open.
The version of Illustrator I am running is Mac 23.0.6. However, this issue also happens in Illustrator 2017, but only since installing Illustrator 2019. In other words whatever happened in the installation of 2019 wrecked my earlier versions.
In addition to this problem I have a long list of other things that don’t work including, but not limited to:
• inability to relink images
• copying content from one document to another gives warnings about missing images that are not actually missing
• copying content from one document to another results in duplicates of images appearing at full size in addition to the correctly placed images
• documents converting themselves to RGB
• the preview issue also affects any Illustrator function that uses preview, such as rotate, reflect, scale, change swatch etc (this problem in fact was never solved, I think it is just to do with the size of document, ie a memory problem)
Attaching files did not work so here is a Dropbox link: