1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Gradient following the curve of a shape

Don't know if this is an original idea but - is it possible to make an feature to make a gradient follow a user-drawn guideline (like with text on line)..? I tried to illustrate it in the attached file - the first shape is the one that should be filled with gradient, the second one is what we can do now (or mesh but that's a bit complicated) and the third one shows the guideline in purple and arrows that the gradient would follow. So the lower left part of the shape would be let's say darkest, the gradient would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Save from Illustrator to iPad Cloud

I need to be able to save illustrator files to the cloud for ipad use, as I can for Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. basic grammar in alerts please.

"close anyways" ? “anyway” is an adverb and it is impossible for adverbs to be plural.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Overhaul of Illustrator's 3D capabilities.

Illustrator's 3D effects are hugely outdated. Something that matches or even exceeds After Effects would be a would boost to the program.

Heck, even something that allows you to easily rotate and move the shapes around in 3D space like AE would be great. Illustrator's current 3D tool are clumsy and cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple Artboards Selection for deletion

Since we dont have the multiple artboard seletion for (Deletion,Editing),Every time user has to select on the single Artboard and have to do the changes, that consumes more time if the artboards are more.

In easier terms ,Its hard to select everytime the artboards and to move it...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Expand Image Trace button in Properties

When you do an image trace of an image there is no button to expand it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Zoom to selection disable button please

A simple disable button for this new feature, i've been using illustrator for over 20 years and this is one of my most used key commands and i'm being driven close to madness. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop tool panel from changing

I would like to be able to lock the tool panel. At the moment tools are always moving around. For example, a seleciton tool (black arrow) frequently disappears. It's a pain when I'm typing because I can't switch to a selection tool by using a shortcut "V" and I have to select a white arrow first and then press "V" to make the black arrow visible again. Horrible!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display all font names in default language

The new Illustrator Adobe Fonts interface displays CJK fonts using their native language name. This is OK for people who are fluent in every language, but may be hard to use depending on who you are. Additionally, the font cannot be searched for using its English name. This is not consistent with InDesign's Adobe Fonts implementation, which still uses all English names.

Please make Illustrator's CJK font display entirely in English, similar to InDesign's, or at least display a searchable English name in brackets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hotkey to exit Type mode

PLEASE MAKE A "HOTKEY" or keyboard command to EXIT "TYPE MODE."

ONCE ONE IS IN TYPE MODE, A COMMON ERROR IS TO ACCIDENTALLY TYPE:

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MMMMMMMMMM

etc.

The answer could be as simple as "Simultaneous Spacebar + hotkey letter."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need to select all artboards and resize them at once by entering desired size.

Need to select and change all artboard size at once. Can we have this feature in Illustrator? Because after design we need to prepare artworks from same file so we need to increase artboard sizes to add crop marks and other details of instructions for printer, It will be easier if we can change this in artboard window or from document setup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paste svg content from clipboard, not underlying xml content

There are several design tools that can put SVG text on the clipboard including Illustrator. Please support pasting that content from the clipboard as content, not xml text. XD does this correctly, so Illustrator should too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Artboard delete tool

This is really nitpicky but the little X at the top right of the artboard tool is too small and more often than not I end up creating a new artboard around the object at the top right of the artboard. Possibly make the cross larger or move it somewhere else to remove this problem?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

14. you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D! adds more depth especially if us

you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D!

adds more depth especially if used in typography.

The perspective in classic 3D unfortunately is not working well if the possition is FRONT because the render of the sides is incomplete!

Imagine if this feature was part of the new 3D!!!

PLEASE ADD THE PERSPECTIVE INTO THE NEW 3D

thanks guys

George

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New improved search and Help (Discover) in Illustrator

Announcing a completely new search and help experience in Illustrator. The new 'Discover' feature allows you to search for help, tools, hands-on tutorials, and articles within the Illustrator app. You can use the Discover panel search bar to access the full repository of tools, in-app tutorials, and articles, to help you build your skills. Search offers auto-complete suggestions including suggested content, tool shortcuts, and quick links. You can invoke help using the search icon on the top right corner or through the Help menu.
    We are also bringing New Rich Tool Tips into Illustrator which allow you to quickly learn…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Align to...BUTTON

In a past version of AI, the "align to artboard or selection" was a button rather than a menu. Please bring back the button! I switch between these two options hundreds of times a week and the menu wastes time that adds up.

Thanks so much always!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to search functions

For example, in rhino I can type all the functions without having to search through the menus with my mouse

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In latest version of Illustrator you can access Discover panel by hitting F1 or via Help menu.

This new window allows you to search within tools, commands, tutorials, etc. — but no commands form other panels’ menus, or scripts, or actions.

If you need this functionality, or have any other comments regarding this panel — please do it here or in a separate request.

18. Scrolling in Type window

In CC 2014, when you selected copy in your document, it would highlight that font in the type window in it's appropriate alphabetical location. You could then scroll up or down alphabetically to get to other fonts. Now, when you select copy in a CC 2018 document, it moves the font to the top of the list and you have to start from the top every time to look for other fonts. I like to scroll through the fonts as I'm designing logos and having to start at the top every time is a pain in the neck!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With AI CC 22.1.0 version there is an option in the “Type Preferences” dialog (MAC menu “Illustrator CC >> Preferences >> Type” and WIN menu “Edit >> Preferences >> Type”) to change the “Number of Recent Fonts” and if you set it to “0” then on selecting the font in the document the font drop down list will highlight the Font Family name at it’s location and not on the top of the list.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issue regarding this.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

19. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.
    2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. auto arrange artboards on new

First, the workspace is Too **** small at this point, especially when working in pixels. And someone out there assumes 72dpi still. Stop it!

I'm creating 4K artboards to explore some ideas. I create 2 of them. And it won't let me create a 3rd without rearranging. Who's idea was That!?!?

The first thing you should do is just move the stinkin' workspace. What's with all the room on the left? Look, if you only work left to right, why are you always trying to center the artboards in the workspace? You'll never use the space above or to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base