When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4367 results found

1. Bug Report: Variable data from XML file with Special Character Does not work

Variable data from XML file with Special Character like "&trade"; or "&reg" within a text field does not get populated - this is a BUG alert

Please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bring back Quick Match in character font drop down menu

When you added the new font filtering system, you removed the feature Quick Match from the menu that had been previously available for quite some time. It makes sense to find a font, then be able to search for fonts similar without have to select a series of filters which may or may not produce a selection of similar fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. crop ratio

In photoshop, you're able to apply ratios that lock the cropping viewframe which you're then able to position over the photo. This would be great for illustrator as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We need your help to build this product right. We have a few open questions that we would like to discuss with you please join us on our pre-release program using this link : https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg

Hoping to meet and greet you on the prerelease forum and seek your input to build this product right.

5. Please implement the ability to export a pdf in a raster format to help prevent unauthorized use of your design.

Please implement the ability to export a pdf in a raster format to help prevent unauthorized use of your design.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fully support the SVG standard

Illustrator can not read every SVG file. Some it doesn't read at all, some are imported only halfway or just completely messed up. There are issues with <use>, especially when used in herarchies. e.g. this file: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europaflagge#/media/File:Flag_of_Europe.svg There are issues with groups and masks and there are issues when units are missing e.g. from stroke widths. Also: SVG can have several attributes which Illustrator will delete when opening. Fully supporting the standard will enable people to have a workflow based on SVG files.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Just a general status update. We are currently and will continuously improve SVG import support in Adobe Illustrator. We are currently working on solving the issues mentioned in this report. Please feel free to open new bug reports here on uservoice if you are experiencing additional/untracked issues.

7. Export for Screens, CMYK to RGB

When working in a CMYK Illustrator file, the Export for Screens function currently creates CMYK jpgs. Since it is for screens, it should convert to RGB. Or at least there should be an option to convert the color mode for the exported files.

In a package design project, the files are primarily for printing, but digital mockups are a secondary purpose. So it is necessary for the CMYK color mode to be converted to RGB. Export for Screens seems like it should inherently create RGB files.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right Click Menu Enhancements (Cut, Copy, Paste, Lock, Unlock, etc)

Can you please add simple tasks like "Lock / UnLock" and "Cut, Copy, Paste" to the the right-click menu? This would help speed up workflow and make illustrator more integrated with other Adobe products. I can right-click my mouse and quickly copy and paste in Indesign and even in Microsoft Word, but not in Illustrator? It's odd. Please consider fixing this. Thank you.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recolor Artwork flip 2 colors

I want to quickly flip 2 colors within a multi-colored design.

Lets say I have Object A (RED) and Object B (Blue) I want A to be Blue and B to be red. I try to find tutorials about it but couldn't find any. I have tryed everything in recolor artwork but its not possible to switch simply two colors (withing a multi-colored design, large file to see different color options quickly)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The "direct selection" tool should not move the whole object; only the "move tool" should do this; or it should be an option

While using the "Direct Selection Tool" it moves the whole object sometimes
    Please make it an option to disable this feature.
    It should only move the anchor point. Since the points are small and in a complex document it causes a lot of mistakes. I have to do undo may times to reverse this. There is "Move tool" That should only move the object. Sometimes It causes unintentional changes in the documents That I do not want to make.

Please make this an option in the settings
    Thank You!

Regards,
    Qaisar Nawaz

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keyboard Increment per document type

Under Preferences > General it is possible to set the "keyboard increment" - how far each tap of an arrow key moves the selected art. The problem is, I want this to be different depending on what I'm doing.

It would suit me ideally if I could set the keyboard increment to 5mm when working on a print document (CMYK/300DPI) and 10px when working on a digital document (RGB/72DPI).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easier way to do charts and graphs

PLEASE come up with an EASY and SEAMLESS way to export excel charts into Adobe Illustrator! Please! I have over 153 bar and pie charts I have to create from a pivot table in excel, which is arduous and time consuming. The chart feature in Illustrator is awful and confusing to use as well. I’ve been doing charts the same way for years by copy/pasting from excel into illustrator and having to remove about 10,000 clipping paths. Surely there is something you can that will make it easier to do charts. An extension? Maybe play nice with the @micsrosoft developers?…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Preview Mode

Like InDesign, incorporate a preview mode to show only the content inside of the artboard to see the final preview.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mini Map

Hello Adobe Team. I really don't know why you don't implement a little MINIMAP into Adobe Illustrator that provides a little preview of the actual work and makes it possible to zoom in by clicking on it. Working with Illustrator would be much easier if I had a little map window where I could just click on a section of my artwork and zoom straight to that point. So I wouldn't have to zoom in and adjust again and again after zooming out. And I could always see the whole picture. Maybe it's nonsense or not possible but I think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Multiple PDF Presets (at the same time!) in "Export for Screens" Menu

Export Multiple PDF Presets (at the same time!) in "Export for Screens" Menu

At our design and print shop, when exporting projects, we use a number of PDF (and image) presets to create print ready files, proofs, and web files.

The Export for Screens feature will not allow us to export multiple PDF Presets (i.e. export print ready PDFs at the same time as smallest file size PDFs).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow adding Patterns and Gradient swatches to Color Groups

Expanding on the existing request for gradient swatch support in color groups... We need groups that support all swatch types. I understand the purpose of Color Groups but the intuitive way to use these folders is as a generic "Swatch Group", without limitation to swatch type in order that we can organize assets appropriately within a project.

My suggestion is either to allow gradient and pattern swatches to be added to a Color Groups or add a new super group type that can contain any swatch type and color groups as well.

Groups would be organized in rows: color, gradients,…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. thumbnail display

eps thumbnail view in open file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. iCloud Compatibility

I was just at Apple the other day because my Macbook Pro (2018, running Mojave) kept crashing when I would open it from sleeping. They told me something in the Adobe App Suite was causing this to happen. So I uninstalled apps, then reinstalled them and it fixed the crashing upon waking issue.

However, when I tried to use Illustrator, it was very buggy, glitchy, would freeze up. I contacted support and they told me the only solution is to sign out of iCloud to use Illustrator. I don't even have any Adobe related files in my iCloud, but it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to show rulers by default

I would like an option to set the rulers to show by default. I know it's only one shortcut away, but I have to do it about a million times a day. (OK, maybe only 500K)

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

This has been completed, and has available since June 2020 release (version 24.2)

Please go to Illustrator preferences > General > and select “Show/Hide Rulers” (refer attached screenshot). After checking this, if you hit ‘Show Rulers (Ctrl/Cmd + R)’, then the rulers will appear in every document (new and old), even after relaunching Illustrator.

Please update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

20. Allow links to be embedded when link is missing, rather than showing an empty box

If a link is missing from my file, rather than hunt down the link, I create a new file, and embed the file with the missing link in it. Once it's been embedded I have the high res raster image, just not necessarily with the same name. Much like photoshop tells you raster info will be used for fonts, or missing links use raster info it would be great if Illustrator gave you the option to embed. It may only be possible for images with full PDF compatibility, but it'd be a great improvement!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base