1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4358 results found

1. User folder for custom brushes and graphic styles

It would be great if there were a way to quickly save a selected custom brush and/or graphic style to a single user folder. This would make access easier, and enable better organization.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove background/ make background transparent in images

It would be really great if we can provide a feature to remove background and make objects transparent within Illustrator. There are users who import pictures in Illustrator but in order to make the background transparent, they have to use other application and, image trace would be complicated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove Single Handle from Within the Pen-Tool

If you want to REMOVE a handle by clicking, this can be achieved by using the Convert Anchor Point-Tool and Clicking on it.

Now, all other Pen-Tool Functions can be accessed by pushing modifier keys like Ctrl and Alt, except for this one. It requires you to change out of the tool.

I therefore suggest adding the functionality to the ALT-Mode of the Pen-Tool, which activates the Anchor Point-Tool, that if you click on a handle, this handle gets removed.

This does NOT conflict with the current function, which is to disconnect handles, since this require Click and Drag.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to Have Golden Ratio & Rule of Thirds Grid (like PS)

For a canvas, if there is an option to get a Grid for 'Rule of Thirds' or Golden Ration.

This will make a lot easier for the designer and will be more effective in Illustrator as compared to PS (where this option is available) where vector designs are being created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to copy individual effects from the appearance panel to other objects.

currently if you want to copy effects from one object to another your only option is to copy all of its appearance properties. You should be able to drag or copy just one aspect of somethings appearance without effecting the other properties. say i have a transform effect on an object in my appearance panel. currently if i want to apply that to another object i also have to copy the stroke, fill and any other properties that object has. there is no option to copy just that individual transform effect to other objects. this is an unnecessary limitation that…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow large format canvas for outdoors/billboards design without scaling

Using Illustrator (or InDesign, for that matter) to make outdoors/large printing projects is a huge pain - many times the production team (which is usually NOT the same team that designed the thing) doesn't read properly the instructions, and then errors happen.

Also, other older software packages don't suffer from that kind of artwork / artboard size limitations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Set class info for SVG

You can set the name of a path that becomes an id in the svg export.
    If you are programming in javascript to animate items in the svg, you need the id, but also classes. This would mean we could manipulate many different objects in one command.
    What we need is to set a list of classes (in the Properties window, probably). So if you set the list to orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized (probably with a + sign to add another class) and the svg output will have class="orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized" inside.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please, please update/change the opening illustration that appears when you launch the program.

The confused, agitated (sleeping?) puckering girl in the 80's tshirt is killing me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make gradient swatches global

Gradient swatches should be globally applicable. This would mean they´d need to be editable - either in Swatch Options just like other swatches or replacable by dragging a altered version of a gradient onto the old swatch. (At the moment, the only option is the swatch title)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Migrate Font Favorites Between Programs

I have quite a few font favorites, sometimes ones that rotate in or out of the Favorites list in InDesign or other programs, dependent on the projects I'm working on at that given time. I'd like to be able to migrate the font favorites between the three main programs I use: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop without needing to add/remove the fonts in each program individually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save Illustrator and PDF at the same time

I usually save my original Illustrator file and save a PDF for proofing purposes; but usually I make updates to the illustrator file; so I have to save it again as PDF; I think it would be cool to add a check box to the save window asking you if you would like to update your PDF reflecting the updated changes on the Illustrator file.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator 88's pen tool worked better than this one

Please, please... does anyone at Adobe actually draw with the current pen tool? This is the main tool in your toolbox and it hasn't had a good flow since Illustrator 10. You should be able to draw and use modifier keys to change to the +, - and ^ with ease. Instead, the cursor flashes and gives you one teensy moment when any of those are available resulting in additional points being placed when you might, for instance, be trying to remove a point. The direction handles get in the way of reaching points. Segments are selected too easily when…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

We would like to understand more about this request. Please me us know if you can talk to us on a call to demonstrate the issues in detail.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

14. Allow users to set direction for X and Y axes

Several versions ago Adobe decided to flip Y-axis, so origin now is placed TOP-left instead of BOTTOM-left, as it was before.
    They say it was done for compatibility with Photoshop and InDesign, which both have y-axis going down.

I think that breaking people's workflow, deciding only ONE direction is right, was wrong.

InDesign is a publishing software, it works with a flow. I don't know anybody who reads from bottom to up (RTL — yes). When you move an object there, you don't move it up, you move it backwards

Photoshop is raster graphics editor, it works with a readable…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Vector Noise effect

There is a way to and raster noise, but I'd love to have vector one as well, as AE and Xara and others can.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to select locked objects?

I wish it was possible to prevent an object from moving, but still have the ability to select it. A preference setting to "allow selection of locked objects" or "lock position only" or something?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a way to select locked objects in recent Illustrator versions.
    In Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display section toggle ‘Select and Unlock objects on canvas’ option to see small lock icons you can click when locked objects get into a selection marquee.

17. Constraint needed for 'Transform Each' and 'Transform' effect dialogs

Please add an option to constrain the horizontal and vertical values when scaling objects using 'Transform Each'.

I almost always use 'Transform Each' to scale proportionally, and right now you have to manually set horizontal and vertical to the same value.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open, import, save, and export .CGM files

Illustrator CC advertises compatibility with the Computer Graphics Metafile (.CGM) format.
    While it gives me the option to open a .CGM file, all of the older .CGM files I work with throw an "unknown format" error when I try to open them.
    I would also like an option to save .CGM files.
    Illustrator should include these features.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select more than one layer at once

Okay if you have more than one layer...let's say 50 and I need to select 20 of them. Why can't someone select them with a single click instead of selecting every single layer? With shift selected I can mark more than one but they aren't selected. Same thing for sublayers and so on.

294 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone, This feature has been available since August 2020 release (version 24.3). Please update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html Thank you for all the feedback.

You can now select multiple layers in Layers panel. Click the bars (they get highlighted blue) if you want to operate layers and not their content (e.g. to drag to reorder) or click their markers to select their content — circle (target ones) or square (selection ones) next to them. There is no real difference which to pick, but if you want to select a range of layers, using Shift, use target markers.

20. Can't add EPS files to Creative Cloud libraries

Illustrator CC v. 22.1
    Mac OS High Sierra v. 10.13.4

When attempting to add an EPS file to a Creative Cloud library (click and drag from Mac finder to open library panel in Illustrator), the library panel indicates that I am "adding multiple files" and when I release the mouse button I get the error message that "bulk uploads are not supported in this file format" (see screenshot attached).

Currently, it seems the only workaround we have is to place the vector artwork inside an InDesign document, and then drag and drop into the library from there. However, my organization…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base