3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flickering cursor

70% of the times I used to use Illustrator CC 2017 my cursor used to flicker extremely fast switching from the tool I have selected to the default black pointer. With CC 2018 looks like it's 100% of the times.
    It's very annoying especially when I have to make accurate selections.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File open as blank white screen regardless of file type or if new document

Whenever I try to open a new document or a pdf or ai file the screen shows up blank white. It is not because the white part is the art-board since I tried zooming out already and it didn't work. I also tried updating illustrator and that didn't work either nor any other questions I found on here.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. Zoom - Scroll Wheel

In Illustrator CC the program seems hardwired to not listen to the tablet settings about scroll wheel zoom or even touch pad zoom. There are lots of people online complaining about this and trying to find work arounds.
    I suggest just creating a hard wired button like photoshop did to fix this issue.
    This wasn't an issue with Illustrator CS4, so I'm not sure what changed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

4. Copy & Paste not always working - randomly

Hi all,

This is a very frustrating bug - around 50% of the times copy & paste won't work. I select an object, press ctrl+C, and then pressing ctrl+V produces nothing as if the clipboard is empty.

I cannot reproduce it as it seems random, sometimes it will copy & paste, sometimes it won't.
    This makes working with Illustrator extremely hard.

Might be worth mentioning that copy-pasting from Illustrator into Photoshop resembles the same buggy behavior - it will randomly work or not.

Please advise on how to resolve this.

Cheers

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior.

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 22.1

Align to right and align to top are the only alignment tools functioning correctly in all three alignment modes (artboard, key object, selection). None of the distribution tools are working in any mode.

In the 22.1 update, the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior. Before, if I selected say, 5 objects and clicked the Align Horizontal Center tool, they would align on a mutual horizontal center. Now, they align to the center of the artboard, apparently, which is often completely offscreen when I’m zoomed in. This is a very confusing and almost totally…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Brush won't change to basic

When drawing in cc 2018 on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4. Program will not allow me to select basic brush. it defaults to 3pt round or a bristle brush. If I delete that brush it won't allow to draw anything. Need to restart and still won't allow me to select basic brush.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. home screen keeps loading

When starting Illustrator after the splash screen the Home screen keeps loading. It never loads, even after hours. Your man from the support center couldnt fix it either. You may disable the home screen in the prefs but thats a workaround I dont prefer. I found deleting your temp in users/username/appdata/local/temp works but thats plain ******** if you ask me. Solution? Please?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustrator V. 23.0 crashes repeatedly

Updated Illustrator to 23.0 on my Surface Studio running Windows 10 with 32 Gig of memory. It crashes frequently and seemingly at random. I can't point to any instance in particular - It's just random. The latest instance was I pressed CTRL + 0 to set the page at 100% and the program just went away. As with the other crashes I have encountered it isn't generating a crash report. It just goes away. I thought that GPU acceleration may be the issue and so turned it off. But, it didn't make a difference.

I uninstalled 23.0 and went back…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Envelope distort > Make with top object" is warping/distorting text.

I've seen this issue in a lot of online forums, but found no answer. I'm using the CC trial version, fairly new to Illustrator.

Online tutorials show users creating a shape > typing text > converting text to outline > move shape to front > selecting shape and text > Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object. It shapes the text perfectly to shape, without distorting the font or curving the letters.

But when I follow these steps, but my text always comes out wavy and distorted within the shape. I've tried Envelope Options and deselecting "Distort Appearance"…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The interface doesn't appear

When I open Ai, the interface never load(1). If I pass the cursor over the top, that bottons appear(2). And, if I select a new color of interface appear the rest(3), but if I press "Ok", that disappears.

Intel Core i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    4Gb ram
    64bits system

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

11. Selecting font for styled text

While trying to change the font of a styled text box by scrolling throgh the font list, the list glitches and closes. Sometimes selecting a different font randomly and sometimes there font of the text box stays the same.
    Happening on multiple files with different-styled text. The issure does not seem to happen while working with regular-styled text.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. crashing

So, I updated to the latest version of illustrator about two weeks ago. Then I realised it crashed every 30 minutes or so, every single time i used it. I'm not doing anything particularly heavy, it just crashes randomly. and I often lose the work i've done as the auto save doesnt seem to catch the last few things I've been doing. So, I decided to uninstall and go back to the 2017 version. Which then lead to my documents having their own issues. all saving as transparent, or with weird lines going through them. Here I am again with…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom to mouse location

Prevously when you zoom with the Mouse (magic Mouse 2) it would zoom to the location of the pointer. Now it seems to just zoom to a random point. I move the mouse pointer and it still zooms to the random point. I want to hover my mouse somewhere and then zoom to that position like previous.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mouse click sticking

This problem only seems to happen in Illustrator. I have not seen this issue when I use Photoshop.

Clicking with the mouse, does not always work as expected. It is almost like there is a long delay before the release is detected, resulting in a drag operation. Sometimes I see the spinner appear after I click. I have tried a different mouse, same issue. In the video, I am only ever doing a quick click, without moving the mouse.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

I have Surface Studio, 32 Gig, Windows 10. Today I installed the CC Updates and now Illustrator crashes every 2 or 3 minutes. I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it, but the crashes continue. Finally in desperation I uninstalled Illustrator 2018 and reinstalled Illustrator 2017. At least now Illustrator is stable.

I sure would like to know what to do to fix the problem. You know it wouldn't be a bad idea if one could reach support with install problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT

Since the last update.. Every time I try to trace & make something. I get this error message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT" then the placed image I tried to trace disappears and only an empty selection box remains. If i do "undo" the image will return. How come I cannot trace anymore? What can I do to fix it?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. crash

CRASHING VERY OFTEN.
    I am hard Illustrator user, for over 20 years. For my surprise, this October version crashes almost every day. I reinstalled the sofware in one Dell XPS 8700 Machine and in a brand new Samsung X40 Notebook. In both cases AI still crashing suddenly. Hope you Dev Team guys work ******* this, becaus one of the reasons to use AI was its stability. No more...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Regular Crashes

October Release just kept crashing...had to revert to previous release to prevent losing work and time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base